Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With prices on the rise, anyone tempted to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Two letters would have me sell my 993s. RS. (And I'm not talking RS America).

That's interesting as from an ownership perspective, they are now completely different cars/

My previous M002 RS was used for 10+ trackdays a year as well as being a daily driver, gym, supermarket car park, often left on the street overnight in London etc......now with the values, no one in the UK, maybe Europe seems to use an RS as you could 5-10 years ago.

I am tempted to sell my RS M003 and buy a nice usable Carrera 2 , in many respects it is a better car for me with less worries.

The downside is the RS is incredible on the right day, you get invited to some decent events, the issue with selling is that I doubt I could bring myself to actually spend current RS prices for a car.

On that basis enjoy your Carrera!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
The second sentence didn't stick in relation to the first? I've been on the SS Porsche since 1980. But if you can list the number of Hondas (save the S2000 and NSX......and the odd factory or subcontracted race car) that I could do with what I do, I'm all ears.
i was kidding..., but you do seem to frequently justify the 'expenses' and/or 'values' of your cars (or compare them to market values) based on somewhat irrelevant factors. why would you even compare a $45k minivan to a $35k 'wounded bird' 996tt? you can't carry a soccer team in a 996tt and you can't [logically] dump a sh*tload of $$$ into a honda minivan. i was simply making a comment that anyone - including myself - who has gone racing threw 'rational' out the window a long time ago. again, a JOKE!! in the future, don't take my comments to heart.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by eeterp
I love reading about the rennlist meets and I even attended my first one last Summer. I hope folks don't miss out on these events because they're afraid of devaluing their car by putting miles on it.
agreed! i hope everyone has had a chance to see the thread about the gathering of 993s we had in Dallas recently. what a great time and absolutely amazing turnout of vehicles.

see it here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...llas-area.html
Old 01-16-2014, 01:04 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the current perceived rise in value is due in most part to comparing prices from 4 or 5 years ago, during the global recession.

As for preserving it for the next guy, no thanks.

Quick Reply: With prices on the rise, anyone tempted to sell?