Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wishbone/lower control arm ball joint replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 04:10 PM
AZ993
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For those in the US: I reached out to partworks and unfortunately was informed that due to customs and shipping costs they no longer provide the control arm refurbishment for US customers.

Inquiring to see if it’s feasible at a different price point.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:06 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I might of been the last guy in ... but it looks like they source from Prekom in Slovanvian, so I would say alternatives are to source directly from them, or try Gert, he is not afraid of duties and can likely resell them to you.

I just installed a full set of rear suspension parts remanufactured by Perkom with RS bushings and new balljoints/monoballs in the rear of my Turbo - no issues whatsoever at a third of the cost new.

Cheers

Mike

Originally Posted by AZ993
For those in the US: I reached out to partworks and unfortunately was informed that due to customs and shipping costs they no longer provide the control arm refurbishment for US customers.

Inquiring to see if it’s feasible at a different price point.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:14 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

mike how long did it take to replace all the rear arms? i've got the parts, just want to plan accordingly and if there are any gotchas.

thanks,
Rob
Old 03-17-2020, 01:18 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Mark the eccentric's and start pulling parts. Leave the driveshafts in place. i pulled the callipers and disks to get better access to torque the ball joints. I also disconnected the shocks which allowed me to pull down the suspension to get clearance to get the pins of the ball joints in and out. BTW I replaced the toe arms with Tarrets since they give a better range to do the alignment - my car is at RS height.

So allow a full day if you are DIY, a pro probably 2 hrs a side. The first alignment will take more time since dverything will be out quite a bit.

Cheers

Mike

Originally Posted by rlme36
mike how long did it take to replace all the rear arms? i've got the parts, just want to plan accordingly and if there are any gotchas.

thanks,
Rob
The following users liked this post:
rlme36 (03-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Rear wishbone/lower control arm ball joint replacement?