Sponsored by:

Just missed it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

here is a 98 C2S: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...935477807.html
no affiliation, if you buy it, i can deliver it for you.
: )
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

creaturecat...what's the asking price on that one?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
I dunno. E-mail him.
I do know that John Broek, (who apparently services it), is on of the most highly respected Porsche technicians in N. America.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 609 Posts

Thanks OPO...I'm glad it worked out for you and I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me!

Originally Posted by Opo
Onami, sorry to hear that lately cars priced right go by quick and they are being purchased by dealers, the last 993 I bought I found it on the mart section also, I contacted the seller and told him I was interested and I wanted the car, he said to send him a dep which I did, called him later to see if he received the dep and he said yes, so I told him I have a ppi set up for that afternoon and he said he couldn't take it because there was a dealer from NJ driving to his house to look at the car, I told him I already put a dep on the car why are you showing it to someone else! This was he's response ( the guy from the dealer it's being very agreesive and he wouldn't take NO for a answer ) so I told him, you call him and tell him the car is sold and so he did, this dealers don't play around so we have to move very quickly! If I see something I will pm you right away...
Good luck with your search
Old 07-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks...I'll email him, but I assume 20 others have already done so before I got a chance to see your post

I'd appreciate a PM only if anyone else has a lead.

Last edited by Onami; 07-17-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that's Randy's car in ATL, I put the coilovers on it! Fan-freakin-tastic car. I was blown away by the condition, but that was 7+ years ago when he had just purchased it. Sorry to rub salt in the wound.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I'd appreciate a PM only if anyone else has a lead.
If I may ask, why the hell did you sell the two cars you had? I don't remember the story on the C2S but if I recall the C2 was highly optioned and you picked it up for a song. And I'm guessing you probably didn't sell it for a song...

Apologies if this is too "in your face", but I think given the context of your posts in this thread and previously owning two cars exactly like the one you're now after again,,, the question deserves an answer.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Yes Mark, that was Randy's car...now I am really bummed!

As for your question Mongrelcat...I have no problem answering although I don't know why you feel you "deserve" an answer. I couldn't care less if you bought a different 993 every day of the week for the rest of your life!

I was looking for a WB 993 and just had a deal from a Rennlister fall apart when I came across the NB car on ebay. Since the NB car was highly optioned and priced very well, I took a chance and bought the NB car sight unseen and without a PPI knowing there was room to correct any problems based on the price I paid. After buying it, paying foreign exchange, duties, taxes, $3,500 in repairs, brokerage and duty I had $41,597 Cdn invested (I can share my reciepts with you if you think you deserve that info too). The following year, the Rennlister with the WB car contacted me and decided to accept my offer. My wife agreed to let me buy it and keep the one that I liked best. I bought his car for $50,000 again sight unseen. I had $63,991 Cdn invested when I sold it. I loved the options on my C2, but preferred the look of the WB. However, I didn't like the fact that my C2S was a "stripper", so I decided to sell them both after 2 years of ownership and look for a TT or a nicely optioned WB. I sold the C2 for $43,500 and the C2S for $52,500 in 2011 - a net loss of $9,588 combined. If I could have morphed my two 993's into one loaded WB car, then yes, I would have had a car exactly like the one I am after now.

I don't mind losing the $10K at all as I enjoyed the experience and learned a lot about 993's and what I specifically appreciate about them. That being said, I am now only interested in buying a car that matches my criteria and I know that might take some time. That is why I bought my Corvette last fall to bridge the gap and give me more patience during my search...and BTW, I have $55,897.91 Cdn invested in it

Last edited by Onami; 07-17-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
$65K
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Please, if anyone else has info or a lead would they please show a little Rennlist courtesy and send it to the OP...me...rather than posting it for everyone. I was trying to arrange an inspection of the car, but may have to pass given the "interest" that this thread has generated. For those also looking for a car...don't post anything on the 'list that you don't want others to know...the vultures are out there in full force!

Last edited by Onami; 07-18-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Imsagtp
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just brought home red with cashmere 98 C2S factory aero, CoA, 38k mi. Took a year to find and had to beat out a dealer who threatened to sue the seller even though the seller refused to sign the contract which the dealer had changed. Great car.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Imsagtp
Just brought home red with cashmere 98 C2S factory aero, CoA, 38k mi. Took a year to find and had to beat out a dealer who threatened to sue the seller even though the seller refused to sign the contract which the dealer had changed. Great car.
Congrats on your purchase and if you would be so kind, take a look at the sticky on the top of this 993 forum and post the details. It is very helpful for many to know the true market whether it is for an insurance settlement or for considering a fair offer on one.

Unfortunate that there are "vultures" among us that might force some to not post cars that they are aware of. I wish that was not the case.

Good luck with the search.

Mark
Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Onami
Please, if anyone else has info or a lead would they please show a little Rennlist courtesy and send it to the OP...me...rather than posting it for everyone. I was trying to arrange an inspection of the car, but may have to pass given the "interest" that this thread has generated. For those also looking for a car...don't post anything on the 'list that you don't want others to know...the vultures are out there in full force!
"Rennlist courtesy"? You are referring to me?
you funny guy.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to someone else that knew that I had contacted the seller and was trying to arrange an ispection this weekend.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

k.
i feel better already.

Quick Reply: Just missed it!!!