Sponsored by:

FS @Houston BMW dealer: 95 6sp Red/Tan 63k ml asking $28k

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:36 PM
tcabler
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdude
Wow... A few serious buyer/looker here. Good luck w/ purchase. As many said, if the PPI checks out, it's a good buy.
I LOST a $17k 993 in Tulsa back in 2011 for screwing around with a STUPID PPI. I lost it to some bidder over in Europe. The people that grab and get the deals don't waste time with PPIs. That much I've learned. I'm not waiting around for the next best think at $35k. Those are the ones that sit around for PPIs.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tcabler
I really appreciate that! Thank you. I have been looking for an air cooled guy here in the Woodlands for so long to service my 964. I've resorted to using somone up in Conroe, but I'm not to happy with him. I'll let you know how this deal pans out. I've wanted a 993 for over 3 years now. I blew a deal on one up in Tulsa back in 2011 for only 17K and am still kicking myself for it.
Wow! Well let's see how it goes , remember about the check engine light, they say is the air pump , my mechanic said that's it could be a lot is other things, btw he also works on my 964's.....

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

You would think the dealer would replace the pump, clear the codes, and charge more for the car.

In Texas, does the buyer have recourse if the car cannot pass emissions within 30 days of a purchase?

Rudy, I cautioned you about CarFax info not always being accurate a few months back.

Regards,

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
You would think the dealer would replace the pump, clear the codes, and charge more for the car.

In Texas, does the buyer have recourse if the car cannot pass emissions within 30 days of a purchase?

Rudy, I cautioned you about CarFax info not always being accurate a few months back.

Regards,

Yes you did! And that's why when I was driving to the dealer to pick up the car, I decided to call my buddy and have him so the auto check for me and he broke the bad news to me and as far as the dealer fixing the car, that's the same thing I asked, I told them if you guys say it only cost $1100 to fix it, why not fix it and sell the car for $30k , they told me they don't like to do that and they rather price it cheaper and just move the car, also they told me that they were going to replace the 2 front tires and do a oil change, so I told them to take off an additional $500 and leave it as is cause I was going to put some 18" twist and I will change the oil my self , than they have me the story that they have to do it so the car can pass inspection, so I said how is the car going to pass inspection if the check engine light is on, so that's when they brought the car down to $26k , so buying the car cheap with the light on is a gamble the buyer will take...
Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

I hate surprises like that.

Glad it worked out for you.

It seems the best way to find out if there as been any paintwork is a PPI from a knowledgeable person who has a paint meter.

This explains the low price for that car, and why they didn't polish it. My guess is they probably own it for around $18,500. The interior looked good from the small photos.

Anyone who pays for an accident "out of pocket" does not report it to these services like CarFax. Even when reported it does not always get entered into the "system".

As the years pass it will be harder and harder to find un-molested examples.

One really really good thing about a re-paint is you can truly drive it unabashedly!

Best Regards,

Quick Reply: FS @Houston BMW dealer: 95 6sp Red/Tan 63k ml asking $28k