Sponsored by:

T-light HIDs installed by Tore Bergvill today

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM
E_T
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-light HIDs installed by Tore Bergvill today

Had the pleasure of meeting up with Tore B at his house this afternoon, as I am in Oslo for a while and thought I'd take advantage of the installation assistance offered with the kit. Embarrassingly simple mod, I think it took Tore about two minutes to install the low beam, and another two for the park/marker.

A super improvement over the dim and yellow originals, and super simple assembly. About as difficult as opening a can of coke.

No drilling out the housing was needed in my case, and no levelling of the lights either. The ballasts fit in the same holes as the original litronics, and are a perfect fit. Did not do the full before and after shots, but you get the general idea. Reverting back to normal, if needed, would also be a simple task.

Thanks a lot, Tore. Should have done this myself when I bought the kit a year or so ago. Tore also have me a courtesy looking over of other electronic components, and even removed and cleaned the temp sensor of the ac unit, they tend, I learned, to get clogged with dust and dirt over the years, causing the unit to keep reducing the temperature in the cabin.

It will not get dark enough up north for me to test anytime soon, but cannot wait to finally be able to see properly.

Pics below
Attached Images           
Old 06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
E_T
Instructor

Oh, and here is the link:

http://www.bergvillfx.com/products.html
Old 06-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks great! Nice work and beautiful car.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
E_T
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blue TTop
Looks great! Nice work and beautiful car.
Thanks, Blue TTop! Get it done if you haven't already.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Looks so much better than those yellow halogen. BTW, that's one clean 993!!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 PM
E_T
Instructor

Thanks, much better and more modern look to it now. Need to get some matching lamps for the high beam, Philips have some which get good reviews.

Car is pretty clean, if I can say so myself. Garage Queen which I picked up in the states a couple of years ago now.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

That looks very nice. Definitely on my to-do list.

Had it already had the euro bumper when you bought it?

I imagine the US bumpers probably raise some eyebrows in Europe.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car! You are lucky to be so close to Tore.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 AM
E_T
Instructor

Thanks, guys. Yes, glad to live close to Tore. When my AC acts up I know where to turn.

I changed the front bumper to the European version, to get rid of the bumperettes. Planning to do the rear as well, but do not mind them so much at the back. Looks a little ugly with the number plate, that's all.

There are plenty of ex us cars around here, so nobody really reacts to them at all.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

E_T Looks like I'll be contacting Tore in the near future. But could you take some pic's of the A/C temp unit that was cleaned. It's getting hot here in the Southeast.
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 AM
E_T
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dryfly57
E_T Looks like I'll be contacting Tore in the near future. But could you take some pic's of the A/C temp unit that was cleaned. It's getting hot here in the Southeast.
Thanks!

I'm sure Tore will get back to you in an instant if you do. As for the A/C temp sensor: Tore tol me that these tend to get covered in dust and dirt drawn in from the cabin. There is a fan at the back drawing air in and over the sensor, which then gets clogged over time, leading to incorrect measurement of the cabin temperature. The unit compensates by just trying to lower the temp, i.e. it does not keep it stable at the set temperature.

I did unfortunately not take any pics, but what Tore did (and I am sure he could do a better write-up) was to unplug the unit (located at the left of the radio) on the driver's side footwell. Then he used what looked like the radio removal tool to pull the unit out and remove it from its casing. You have to pull all the ***** off on the front panel if the unit, before taking off the casing. Then remove the circuit board and access the sensor, which looked to be made from plastic and had the shape of a fork. It is bound to be covered in dirt, you'll see it. You can either use compressed air or just blow it off, as Tore did, before reassembling. Hope this helps a little. Good luck. A/C to deliver more stable temp once cleaned.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 259 Posts

Thanks E_T, both for the feedback and the CCU cleaning description. It's seldom to see such a nice examples of a 993! If I knew you'd be posting pics of me too I should have put on some proper clothing to match the car... :-)
My DIY pages contain the CCU disassembly information and how to clean the CCU interior temp sensor.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
doc_porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

looks clean.... nice work

Quick Reply: T-light HIDs installed by Tore Bergvill today