Sponsored by:

AC Problem Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Problem Analysis

OK, Here is what I know it is not and what I suspect it is. And yes, I read much on the search but have not been able to come up with anything I have not already considered. It is not the compressor,condenser, refridgerant,belts,fuses. I did replace the pollen filters but the fan works well and I am positive the filters are properly seated. No hoses seem broken or loose. Unit was working fine right up to point of my indy changing oil, filters includinh fuel oil filters and pollen Also had my Fister 3s installed and it does sound great. Want to drive some more but need the AC to function. What I think but really have no further idea is : is there a type of flap or something located in the system that if failed will not route the cold air. It blows hot as hell ,compressor is fine but no cold air will come out. My indy is working the problem as we speak but he too seems to be at a lost. Comments and suggestions appreciated. THANKS.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Is it blowing hot when you have it adjusted to a cold temp? Or just not cold?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
griffiths
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Let's see what Wwest suggests!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 PM
993/907
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assume you have checked both footwell servos?

Gordo
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Texas993
Is it blowing hot when you have it adjusted to a cold temp? Or just not cold?
Yes, hot when adjusted to cold.I have solved the problem. I finally got to a thread by Brian that deals with many problems dealing with AC. Turns out it was the actuator in the floorboard of the passenger compartment that was sticking. That thread is a lifesaver. If you have a different thought I would still like to hear it. According to my indy it will happen again and they should be replaced. But for now it is ice cold. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993/907
Assume you have checked both footwell servos?

Gordo
Have now. That is exactly what it was. Thanks.

Last edited by AKTUNG; 07-31-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by griffiths
Let's see what Wwest suggests!
who is w west?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

So how is it your search missed the fact that these exist and are a semi-common, certainly not unheard of, problem?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Servos is where I was going. Glad that you figured it out. You can disconnect them in the open position for the summer if it happens again.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably torn up like this -- new one about $300.
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
So how is it your search missed the fact that these exist and are a semi-common, certainly not unheard of, problem?
I cannot understand why you seem to want to complain about minor things. Dont you have anything better to do? You post makes absolutely no sense. Do yourself a favor . Lurk. I acknowledge that you are the most expert in 993s in the world. Happy? Man ,give it a rest. Some of us have not been at this for years . You can save everyone some time by simply ignoring my posta as I will yours in the future. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Texas993
Servos is where I was going. Glad that you figured it out. You can disconnect them in the open position for the summer if it happens again.
Thanks . That is good info. I did not know that.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AKTUNG
I cannot understand why you seem to want to complain about minor things. Dont you have anything better to do? You post makes absolutely no sense. Do yourself a favor . Lurk. I acknowledge that you are the most expert in 993s in the world. Happy? Man ,give it a rest. Some of us have not been at this for years . You can save everyone some time by simply ignoring my posta as I will yours in the future. Thanks.
Settle down, Aky boy. I never professed to be an expert. But, I do read and learn. I'm also not the only or to point this shortcoming out.

Maybe you need to take computer lessons, and include proper search technique? I don't know how many times I've seen you post how poor your computer skills are. That includes thinking up search words or terms that work, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:49 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Settle down, Aky boy. I never professed to be an expert. But, I do read and learn. I'm also not the only or to point this shortcoming out.

Maybe you need to take computer lessons, and include proper search technique? I don't know how many times I've seen you post how poor your computer skills are. That includes thinking up search words or terms that work, as far as I'm concerned.
Please spare me. What if others have pointed out. I could point out a few things but doing so would be wasteful.Knock yourself out. Some folks need to feel important and to be right. You are welcome to those titles.I wish I could say I have learned from you but I cannot. All I have learned is that you seem to relish being a policethe board guy.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 AM
993/907
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back on topic.

There are 5 servos total if I recall, and all prone to fail.
Used will occasionally show up on Ebay.
I currently have the failed left footwell servo in "manual" mode as Texas993 suggests.
Fresh air servo failed in "open" position fortunately.
I've take a couple of them apart, but they don't show that burned look like in the pix posted.

Gordo

Quick Reply: AC Problem Analysis