993 Forum 1995-1998

Official Tie Rod Pinning Tool Wait List Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Official Tie Rod Pinning Tool Wait List Thread

I wanted to start a new thread just for tracking of the tie rod pinning tools since there are a few of them out there.
If you happen to have one of the tools (I think there were 4 or 5 made in total) please add yourself here so they can keep circulating. Also if you want to add yourself to the list please feel free to do so.

Currently holding tools:
RandyTrish (tool is en-route)
JPS

The waiting list:
element --> 1978formosa-->Gunter--> vincer77 --> Serval --> E9Stibi --> FlyingChappy --> Justin993
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 AM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Peter -

As just a suggestion ... perhaps there are groups of guys in an area who can get together like we did to pin rods. This would save time shipping the tool and spread more pizza and beer as they go!

If more folks from Orange County would like to use your tool, they are welcome to do it using my lift. Just give me a heads up if you're coming.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's try to plan this next time the tool makes it's way back to OC.
If you know someone, make sure they add their name to the list. If anyone notices that someone else on the list is in their town, they should definitely try to contact eachother to make it a group thing.
For instance, JPS has one of the tools now. If I lived near Manhattan and had a hankering to have my tie rods pinned I would PM him and see if you could get in on the action.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
randytrish
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just completed my pinning and send a PM to element.
Randy
Old 04-28-2013, 05:38 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
Peter -

As just a suggestion ... perhaps there are groups of guys in an area who can get together like we did to pin rods. This would save time shipping the tool and spread more pizza and beer as they go!

If more folks from Orange County would like to use your tool, they are welcome to do it using my lift. Just give me a heads up if you're coming.
Oh no! Party at Marc's house! Don't forget your swim trunks...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to be added. I am in Concord NH. I dont mind setting up a party if others others are interested.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

I still have one of the tools and I've just got back to Boston from Miami.

Due to a million things on the plate I'll probably not be doing pinning on my car at this point. So the Boston guys (Christian, Eric, et al) are welcome to get the tool and do pinning, then send it along to teh next person on the list. jhg41977, you might want to grab it as you are nearby. I'll be at autocross at Ayer on Saturday if you want to swing by. Otherwise I'll be sending it out in a week or so.

Who's next on the list?

PS. Sorry for hogging this one for so long. Poor planning on my part.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
Peter -

BillW and I are planning on doing it together. I'll see if I can get other Nashville guys together too.
Originally Posted by nile13

Due to a million things on the plate I'll probably not be doing pinning on my car at this point. So the Boston guys (Christian, Eric, et al) are welcome to get the tool and do pinning, then send it along to teh next person on the list. jhg41977, you might want to grab it as you are nearby. I'll be at autocross at Ayer on Saturday if you want to swing by. Otherwise I'll be sending it out in a week or so.

Who's next on the list?

We see how you are
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 AM
993Aventuragrun
Intermediate

Hereby I would like to put myself on the list in order to bring the tool over to Europe; The Netherlands. There are a bunch of guys over here who would like to modify the tie rod.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Marco
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

I cant make the autocross this weekend. I may have a friend that is going, I will check w him.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13

Who's next on the list?

Mike,
I think you have the "original" that I sent out years ago .... if so, why not send it back to me for a refurb (if required) ....... and I will send it on to the guys in the Netherlands. There are several other versions in circ domestically.

Is there still a supply of drills & roll pins with it?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Garth, I do believe this is your kit. There are a bunch of pins, there are drill bits in there. It also appears to be in good shape.

There's a list of guys in line and a few locals who want to use it. I'll see shortly what the next step is.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM
993Aventuragrun
Intermediate

Hi Garth,

First off all I would like to thank you for your effort in retreiving the tool. I am planning on pinning my tie rods next week, and I will use your method by using a roll pin to fix the rod.
So, thanks again, but you do not have to ship the jig anymore.

Best regards,

Marco

Ps Fwiw even though the jig set is not coming over to Europe, your way of modifying the 993 tie rod is
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Marco,
Trust that you will enjoy the results! Any questions, just PM me ... the dimensions of the 'tool' and the point of drilling are noted in my initial posts - easy DIY for a good wekend job

Cheers, Garth
Old 05-08-2013, 04:05 PM
element
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got the tool and will do the mod in the next few days.. then off to the next person.. from the thread I have the following list

1978formosa-->Gunter--> vincer77 --> Serval --> E9Stibi --> FlyingChappy --> Justin993 --> jhg41977

Thanks!

phil.

Quick Reply: Official Tie Rod Pinning Tool Wait List Thread