Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 STEREO REPLACEMENT SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time. Excuse me for thinking it was a place to exchange info.I just dont see the need to talk about all caps. I am not a computer nerd .So have a good evening and thanks to all the sincere advice and skeptics and critics drive on.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by AKTUNG
Last time. Excuse me for thinking it was a place to exchange info.I just dont see the need to talk about all caps. I am not a computer nerd .So have a good evening and thanks to all the sincere advice and skeptics and critics drive on.
It is a place to exchange info, but you need to attempt to understand the etiquette like you would in any new environment where you may not be aware of the protocol.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

He sounds like a little kid, when politely told he would do better if he abided with some simple common sense rules to be able to play in the playground, runs away instead ....

Sigh, I just do not get some people ... let's see if he listens.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike J
He sounds like a little spoiled kid, when politely told he would do better if he abided with some simple common sense rules to be able to play in the playground, runs away instead ....

Sigh, I just do not get some people...

Cheers,

Mike
Mike can I suggest you drop the bad @ss bully type personality , it is getting old .

Cheers Guy
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM
pmalenfa
Racer

Well, I'm a old computer nerd... But if I go anywhere, I will adjust myself to the environment (like funerals, wedding or opera). Please take comments in the right way. I'll try to explain my nerdy point of view...

Internet forums and ancestors (bbs, etc) have evolved in a way people can understand the comments betters, so CAPS, emoticons () are part of them. This is similar to having the right expression in your face when you talk. What if you say you're sad with a wide smile?

Theses forums haves years of discussions, and this is a technical forum, with a LARGE (see I'm putting emphasis here) amount of historical data. Being able to search and find valuable threads rely on how the forum is poluted by less valuable threads. You posted MANY times before using search or reading the posting guidelines (READ THEM PLEASE). This polute the forum with redundant threads and make future searches harders. People asked you politely or not, PLEASE use the search.

Think about it, if next year, I search for a stereo replacement, I'll find this thread, out of many others. If I find my info, I'll stay here and further participate to help others. If I only find threads like this one, I'll leave.

So, DO YOU SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF USING THE CAPS IN THE RIGHT PLACES?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 AM
aarrow
Instructor

OP: please stop.

I'm afraid you alone are giving other non-membership users a bad name. I've done everything from change out my deck and speakers, distributor caps and rotors, and even found out what that damn whirring sound from the HVAC unit is...all without making a single thread. Actually I did start a thread or two. One was to introduce myself and the other to share a video that wasn't nearly 20 years old.

Tl;dr: Try not to text speak.

There's no need to write in caps lock. UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY REALLY MAD.

And use the search button. Not only here, but the one that pops up when you open your internet browser.

So that you don't respond with "this is my thread if you're not here to help then leave" here is my help:

http://bit.ly/ZbKVHP
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 AM
993KT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any David Lynch / Mulholland Drive fans here. This thread is somehow reminding me of the cowbody scene:

Cowboy: There's sometimes a buggy. How many drivers does a buggy have?
Adam Kesher: One.
Cowboy: So, let's just say I'm driving this buggy. And, if you fix your attitude, you can ride along with me.

I am a relative new guy here and I tried to help another newbies whenever I can. But the attitude has got to go. Don't think I've ever seen a "thank you" or "sorry" here from the OP. This buggy ride is getting ruined.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Mark -

+993 , , , Nice touch. Too funny.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Education through humor.

Compliance through joie de vivre.

Understanding through Steve Weiner.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993KT
Any David Lynch / Mulholland Drive fans here. This thread is somehow reminding me of the cowbody scene:

Cowboy: There's sometimes a buggy. How many drivers does a buggy have?
Adam Kesher: One.
Cowboy: So, let's just say I'm driving this buggy. And, if you fix your attitude, you can ride along with me.

I am a relative new guy here and I tried to help another newbies whenever I can. But the attitude has got to go. Don't think I've ever seen a "thank you" or "sorry" here from the OP. This buggy ride is getting ruined.
Please see #31 for a thank you and many other posts I have made.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Having owned several BMW's and being part of their forums, I can say without hesitation that Rennlist is the gentleman's club in comparison. This is one of the things that many Rennlister's pride themselves on. This is not a place to shout and finger point, rather a support network for owners of great automobiles. Enjoy the vast knowledge that you can obtain here but do it with some class. This is the classiest web forum on the net, lets keep it that way.

Just check around and you will see that this place is special. Coming in here all guns-a-blazing will get you nowhere. I went to bat for you on being a non-member but it might have been a bad idea....

If you don't have some class, go buy some.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Hey Mark -

+993 , , , Nice touch. Too funny.
Thanks, Mike. I have my moments.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doberdog
Having owned several BMW's and being part of their forums, I can say without hesitation that Rennlist is the gentleman's club in comparison. This is one of the things that many Rennlister's pride themselves on. This is not a place to shout and finger point, rather a support network for owners of great automobiles. Enjoy the vast knowledge that you can obtain here but do it with some class. This is the classiest web forum on the net, lets keep it that way.

Just check around and you will see that this place is special. Coming in here all guns-a-blazing will get you nowhere. I went to bat for you on being a non-member but it might have been a bad idea....

If you don't have some class, go buy some.
And you call such ststements class? The written word has no expression until the reader gives it some. Relax.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

And you call such ststements class? The written word has no expression until the reader gives it some. Relax.
Dude, you are the one on here pissing people off, not me. Get a mirror and look in it!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Commmmmmmmmme on, relax.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by briefescape
Mike can I suggest you drop the bad @ss bully type personality , it is getting old .

Cheers Guy
I think Mike is pretty far from a bully, Guy; 99.9999% of his posts are filled with vast technical knowledge and experience.

My $0.02, FWIW.

Quick Reply: 993 STEREO REPLACEMENT SYSTEM