Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Search Of Snow

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I visited Whistler about ten years ago. Epic mountain but I went on one of the worst snow years ever.

We had some fresh mashed potatoes yesterday. Not the usual soft Utah powder but had a lot of fun anyway. There aren't many places where there is no line to get in the gondola to gain >3k feet and still be making fresh tracks at 3:30 in the afternoon.
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found snow

Abit of snow coverage after a day of skiing at one of the local mountains
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And on the flipside, by the time I was down in El Dorado Hills I could have changed into shorts. Which meant the tires hated being in warm weather, and left a burning rubber smell to show their displeasure. Got back, put it up on the lift for an undercarriage pressure wash, put the 18's back on and now it's in the garage at home indefinitely. Car's no worse for wear, my body not so much........
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
And on the flipside, by the time I was down in El Dorado Hills I could have changed into shorts. Which meant the tires hated being in warm weather, and left a burning rubber smell to show their displeasure. Got back, put it up on the lift for an undercarriage pressure wash, put the 18's back on and now it's in the garage at home indefinitely. Car's no worse for wear, my body not so much........
I hear the body wear. I'm thinking of giving up the board and going back to skis. My calves were aching from the long, skinny track, heelside traverse out to the top of the run pictured above. It's about time to switch to groomers and lunch instead of hiking for fresh tracks. I'll be 55 this year. I see a lot of skiers up into their 70s but not many old guys on boards. It's been about 20 years since I skied, will have to learn all over again.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
I hear the body wear. I'm thinking of giving up the board and going back to skis. .... It's been about 20 years since I skied, will have to learn all over again.
I think you'll really enjoy the "new" parabolics. Demo a few sets before you buy.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
I hear the body wear. I'm thinking of giving up the board and going back to skis. My calves were aching from the long, skinny track, heelside traverse out to the top of the run pictured above. It's about time to switch to groomers and lunch instead of hiking for fresh tracks. I'll be 55 this year. I see a lot of skiers up into their 70s but not many old guys on boards. It's been about 20 years since I skied, will have to learn all over again.
I'm only a third year boarder though. Need to get beat up more.

Anyway, this is today's ride. Halfway to sunny AZ now with the bikes (obvioiusly) and golf clubs and tennis rackets (hidden). And some spring training games, too

(For those of you wondering why no 993, we did do the trip with the 4S 3 years ago. With the same amount of gear. And last year we took the truck, as there was that certain Targa to pick up along the way.)

Originally Posted by Rinty
I think you'll really enjoy the "new" parabolics. Demo a few sets before you buy.
Definitely NOT the POS K2 rentals I had 2 weeks ago in CO.........
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We don't get this often here in San Diego.
This picture was taken on the top of Palomar Mountain last Saturday. I am sure all the snow is gone now, it's back to 80 degrees and sunny here now.

Quick Reply: In Search Of Snow