Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My HID mod.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:13 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

Hi Marc, thanks for your feedback. I will include the option of 5000K bulbs in my next production batch. I'll notify you as soon as they are in stock. The bulb/connector type fits perfectly to my needs, keeping wire lengths at a minimum and a very tidy installation.
I could agree on the LED colour for the side lights, they match 5000K better. But, I have not yet been able to dig up a more yellowish type that combine the light output and quality of my existing product. Once moving into more yellow, the light output is drastically reduced.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 AM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

I have ToreB's HID kit and the 4300k's are nice and white, IMHO preferable to the higher temps. Also the sidelights match very nicely. Excellent and the way to go for sure.

Berni
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Tore,

Thanks for considering the 5000K option. I have two reasons for going with 5000K headlamps. First, they tend to match the standard LED bulbs you find most everywhere. I installed LED license plate bulbs and interior and they match perfectly. Second, the bluish hue on a Polar Silver Porsche look stunning!

I do agree that the different connector you use for your HID's is clean and a nice and better option. The reason for my concern is that I never saw that HID connector before and was wondering if I would be able to find a quick replacement in the states should one go out emergently. Is there a part number so I could find an equivalent so as to have some spares?

Quick Reply: My HID mod.