Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Boutique business concept - looking for thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joefrom PA wrote.......It truly is a boutique though and there's a variety of ways it can run, so I'm not as worried about achieving some significant level of profitability to support a large property, personnel, etc.

Pray,tell us more about, " not as worried about achieving some significant level of profitability"

sounds intriguing.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe, many entrepeneurs have faced disbelievers in the beginning....and in fact many new ventures fail. A true entrepeneur then picks up the pieces and follows his gut into a new adventure....

...without such people what would the world look like?? I for one would be writing this message on a stone tablet;-)

What I like about your idea is focus, pick 1 simple thing and be the absolute best in it you possibly can....rather than try and be a jack of all trades.

What I also like is that with really clean standard cars, you can build a reputation rather quickly based on Porsche's own reputation. Building a reputation on modification skills etc. is a different animal altogether.

My 2C
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

The point of this thread is not to diss the idea (which I think is great) but is to identify pitfalls early in the game so they can be thought about before $$ gets put into it. While, yes, most entrepreneurs do ignore the disbelievers, and most I would say also change their plans as they get into it. I have done a few scratch starts, and when we ended up doing at the end was different in both cases than what we started with.

Go I agree (and this was been stated before in the thread), pick a focus, put together a plan and start execution, but make sure you have enough emotional/energy/financial capital in reserve to adjust and change directions as things start moving...

Got a name yet?? :-)

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Besides picking a focus, this kind of business' owner has to honestly answer a question for himself. What is it that he brings to the equation? Money? Some deep intimate knowledge of 993s? Potential customer connections? Better service than anyone else?

I, for one, would love to hear the answer in order to intelligently discuss anything further. "I like 993s and willing to put my time in selling them" is not an answer, unfortunately. In absence of that I've given my first hand opinion on the car selling industry in a post on previous page. There are so many better things to do with one's time an dtalents.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you list the Porsches that you have owned in the past?

Quick Reply: 993 Boutique business concept - looking for thoughts