Sponsored by:

Scissor Lift Access Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Bill can you advise where you sourced the silver pucks?
These came from Ray Grosneck in FL. He can be reached at dogg455(at)hotmail.com.

A set of 4 ran me $49.95.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
(Re: engine drop) As noted, the only real interference would be the rear crossbar on a motor/trans drop. But, I did such with my 911 without the mod-it only took a little eyeballing to position the car correctly.
I'd like to hear RL'ers input regarding engine drops and scissor lifts...
no i have no plans to do this but its food for thought.

we were doing an oil change on the turbo yesterday as well as some other odds and ends on my p-car and this came up for discussion. definitive info seemed scant after searching here aside from Ed's post 'having done it'.

anyone care to share their experiences with dropping their motors and trannys on their scissor lifts? atlas if you have one?

Ive seen the blog on modifying the bendpak but the atlas's are built without angle iron there, they use a straight bar. i would not feel comfortable chopping it out as it joins the rear channel ends that hold the swing arm channels.

our discussion was if the car is on the lift with the motor over the hydraulic cylinders there is a ton more clearance and room directly under the engine and tranny. but the lift mechanics may get in the way of a hydraulic lift table to lower the motor, it may not be able to scoot far enough under the car...

which lead us to our other idea, if the car is positioned with the nose over hydraulics, the rear cross bar would get in the way, perhaps if the car was put on 6" truck stands on the lift pads the added height over the rear bar would allow for everything to come down.

the turbo yesterday was pretty far back on the lift with nose over the hydraulics and it seemed like that may work. but i felt like there was a ton more room if the car was the other way.

ps first oil change on the lift was so much more civilized. and my air conditioning works again just in time for winter.

Quick Reply: Scissor Lift Access Question