Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4 (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/734756-9m93rs-clubsport-5-from-usa-origin-carrera-4-a.html)

Kein_Ersatz 04-11-2014 12:39 PM

Rats! Missed you by one day. I was there on Sunday for tourist laps (Scirocco rental) and for VLN on Saturday. Would have liked to meet you in person, seen the car, and see you and the car out on track. Heck I would have even begged to ride shotgun for a lap :cheers:

You are living the dream!

9MRSCS 04-11-2014 01:55 PM

Some GOPRO filming

Kein_Ersatz

Rats! Missed you by one day. I was there on Sunday for tourist laps (Scirocco rental) and for VLN on Saturday. Would have liked to meet you in person, seen the car, and see you and the car out on track. Heck I would have even begged to ride shotgun for a lap
That was a shame I would have liked to meet you too, always nice meeting likeminded air-cooled petrol heads :) Did you have a good time ??

I will drive Destination Nürburgring DN 10 on the 2 & 3 of July and perhaps also drive with Piston Club on the friday 4th. It will depend on if the weather is OK or not. This time we drove 20+ laps per day on the first two days and that was about what i could manage. On the friday, second day with GetSpeed, it was damp on the track and the daredevil Felix Baumgartner was practicing with an Audi R8 which he drove into the barrier after the compression in fuschröhre which closed the track for a couple of hours. Many meters of new armco there:( I was rather exhausted on the friday so that the track was closed on friday morning was a bit of a relief:icon501:
If your are there in July you are more than welcome to ride shotgun for a lap or two.The next opportunity would otherwise be later in the year when I hope to do the Scuderia Hanseat which is in September.

I have also managed to operate iMovie on my computer so here is a link from inside the 9MRSCS for a lap of the Nürburgring, hope you will enjoy:cheers:

All the best// 9MRSCS

9MRSCS 05-01-2014 11:23 AM

Kinnekulle Ring - Sweden

We had a track day on a newly resurfaced Kinnekulle Ring and the weather was perfect, 20 deg and sun:burnout:
Kinnekulle is a technical track and a very good place to learn how the 9MRSCS moves around and slides. I am aslo slowly building confidence in putting on the power once I hit the apex as well as using the brakes in co-operation with the diff. The diff makes a nice little shriek as it is put to use and it also help to drive the car well out of the tighter bends.
I took some film in the car using GoPro and Harrys such that you get an idea of the speeds in various sections of the track. As this is a smooth track compared to the Nürburgring the suspension could have been harder set up harder but to improve the time around this track I learned later in the day that you should run a different line on some parts which improved greatly my progress around this track. I had however no more batteries in the GoPro by then and did not bother with Harrys.
I post some links to the films I have uploaded to YouTube.
Hope you will enjoy them and look forward to be meeting some of you Rennlisters on Nürburgring during the DN10 in the beginning of July.
:cheers:
9MRSCS

Kein_Ersatz 05-02-2014 02:25 PM

Thanks for sharing, short track, 3rd gear seems just right, lots of "wait for it" sweepers and the bridge underpasses make for attention setting.

nr1416 05-02-2014 04:03 PM

I never get tired of the updates on this car, keep them coming

9MRSCS 06-08-2014 05:59 AM

9MRSCS at Rudskogen - Norway

Originally Posted by nr1416 (Post 11338783)
I never get tired of the updates on this car, keep them coming

Thank you nr1416 for your encouragement it keeps me posting:burnout:

In Norway they have a track called Rudskogen ( http://www.rudskogen.no ) which underwent a re-build some years back. It now has FIA status and it is a difficult track which will take many visits to master.

This was my first visit to the track and I was impressed. We where about 25 cars on the track and the weather was superb with sun and 20 deg. C.
I did about 35 laps during the day and found many ways to drive but unsure of which was the faster I concentrated to further learn how to drive the 9MRSCS on a bit of a drift. The tires I drove on today where Toyo 888, 235/18 at the front and 265/18 at the back . The rears was an old pair I had lying in my garage but seemed to work OK.
I took some footage using a GoPro fitted in the car which you can look at here:

I was chasing my friend Sten who is a very good driver having done three 3 24-hours at the Ring in Porsches.....:reckon:
He was driving his wife´s 991 S as his new GT3 still has no new engine:(
I still had a hard time catching him.....

I have purchased Michelin Pilot Sport Cup which I will use for the next track venue which will be DN 10 at the Ring. It will be interesting to see whether they can shave a few seconds of my best Ring time and also stay more consistent than the Toyos do. On my car the Toyos seem to overheat after a few laps and I loose a bit of the grip. They are still enjoyable to drive on and when they let goo it is predictable and relatively easy to catch the car - hope the change to Michelin´s will not prove to hazardous :eek:

Hope to meet some of you Rennlister´s at the Ring during the DN 10:cheers:

Holger3.2 06-08-2014 08:23 AM

Seems to be an interesting track :thumbup:

Car is already famous here so nothing to add there anymore :)

what kind of mount are you using for your iPhone?

9MRSCS 06-08-2014 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Holger3.2 (Post 11425460)
Seems to be an interesting track :thumbup:

Car is already famous here so nothing to add there anymore :)

what kind of mount are you using for your iPhone?

Hi Holger3.2
I am using an igrip T5-94800!
It is stable and can be mounted on the windscreen providing a good filming angle.
I am using it with Harry's Laptimer and I have also bought a VBox Sport to improve GPS frequency. Unfortunatley the current version of Apple's operating system ios is having problems with the stack handling of blue tooth connected auxillarys. This is why I have not posted any films from Harry's. I hope they will fix this in the up-coming 7.2 version of ios and that it will be released in time for DN10:cheers:
9MRSCS

Holger3.2 06-08-2014 01:59 PM

Thanks
i'm using Harry's since a while, but for timing only. Tried recently also the video stuff but get still some problems. Main issue is the heat here, last weekend more than 40+ Celsius..., with the camera on the dash its vibrating and after less than 2 laps the iPhone said by-by due to overheating...
I never had the problem with timing only.
Tried also the Multi-camera function together with my GoPro as screen in screen, but cant get it really to work.
Further, everytime i use the background video function to see the timing, it makes crazy jumps / shortcuts in my charts. overlaying charts with 'best time' gets totally messed up ... http://kellerasyl.forumprofi.de/wcf/...ies/crying.png

http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.06.14/b7k76gboluk.png

http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.06.14/n8ntkr9usppa.png

koenig_roland 06-08-2014 02:14 PM

great car!

Read the whole thread - great...

You scandinavian guys are quite fast on "our" ring :-)

Kein_Ersatz 06-09-2014 11:23 AM

Thanks for sharing, never gets tiring seeing such track videos and hearing her at song.

Deliberant and smooth sterring inputs, nice style. :cheers:

pipingken1 06-09-2014 12:17 PM

I have purchased Michelin Pilot Sport Cup which I will use for the next track venue which will be DN 10 at the Ring
I'll watch this with some interest to see how the tyres compare. Rumour always suggests that the R888 is better in the damp.

Macca 06-14-2014 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by pipingken1 (Post 11427818)
I'll watch this with some interest to see how the tyres compare. Rumour always suggests that the R888 is better in the damp.

R888 are old compound tech now. MPSC2 is likely a far superior tyre for all conditions. We use Hankook z221 and z214 down under and find they are 2-3s a lap faster than 888. Hankooks are the latest compound and design.

pipingken1 06-15-2014 08:08 AM

We use Hankook z221 and z214 down under and find they are 2-3s a lap faster than 888. Hankooks are the latest compound and design.
I'll check them out, are they road legal?

Macca 06-15-2014 08:17 AM

Yes they are R compound dot rated and street legal. They are a superior design and compound to R888 but they may be hard to find in northern hemisphere - we have run them back to back against r888 and re55 on 964 and. 993 and they are 1-2.0s faster on a 2.55 course for z221 and approx 1.2s again faster for dual groove 214. The Australian 911 race crowd using them too.....