Fabspeed Cat Bypass received and installation tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldunavin
Thanks for the write up! I too have a 95 OBD1 and am considering the Fabspeed cat bypass. Did you reattach your lone oxygen sensor? If so, any check engine light issues? I have the Fabspeed mufflers and like the idea of the combined weight savings and free(er) flowing exhaust. I live in Vermont, so no emissions testing. I do visit Limerock, the Glen and Circuit Mont Tremblant for track days during the summer and don't want to run afoul of their sound limits. Based on your post and some of the others, it sounds (pardon) like the bypass doesn't increase the decibels too much? Michael
At Lime Rock w/ a cat bypass, you will need stock mufflers. There is no generally available aftermarket or modified stock muffler that will pass sound.

Some guys do have welded up exhausts that consist of multiple inline mufflers that they get to pass after lots of experimentation
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Whoops, never responded :(

Originally Posted by hkspwrsche
Martin do you convert to the catless set up on the track ever? I thought it was very quiet compared to the x pipe and super cups that I was thinking about and are too loud to use on the street.

Do you find the sport cats lower the sound that much? I'd be curious since it's so easy to swap if you or someone knew the actual dB sound delta between the sport cats and the catless Xpipe. Did you ever upload a video?

Thanks
I never remove the sport cars....I have had cat bypass pipes with Motorsound mufflers...no way they can pass 92 dB. The sport cats do keep the sound down...never did do the video. Alex at Fabspeed can provide a video clip for you.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Cat Bypass received and installation tips