Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Women and their lack understanding - I just want a tuning kit for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
E_T
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Women and their lack understanding - I just want a tuning kit for Christmas

Look, I have my eyes on this BSR PPC 3 tuning kit (http://en.bsr.se/) for my 3-series DD, which would add about 50 bhp and 100 NM to the car, a marked improvement, of course. The perfect gift for me, especially when the GF has "no clue" as to what to get me. But, alas, this present just does not qualify, for some reason. For me this would be the perfect expression of compression/compassion and love, what is the big deal?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Ask her for a pair of ladies shoes or ladies underwear. Keep a straight face when you do. See if she re-thinks the alternative.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
E_T
Instructor

I could do that, alternatively give her the tuning kit? That would go down well.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggested a steering wheel as my birthday present, somehow that did not qualify.

Thats what i really want so why cant I just get it ? I just cant get it

Edit : I will try your method nile13
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

I'd have no problem buying it for you, but then I am not what many would consider a 'normal' female. I prefer automotive accessories to fancy underwear. I do love shoes though.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
E_T
Instructor

There is no apparent reason why all these affinities cannot be successfully combined. None. Car accessories are worthy contenders under the tree, so are shoes and underwear.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm lucky. I fold over page corners and circle items in the Griots catalog. Same with ads in Pano or Excellence. I leave email quotes from Sunset up on the computer screen.Then good stuff appears on my birthday, under the tree, and in my xmas stocking. They come from my two year old son, my mother-in-law, and my wife. I think it works great for everyone.

Should I send you a dogeared Excellence JoAnne?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am lucky too - circled items appear under the tree for me too - but only if I specify exact model numbers, etc as, bless her heart, my wife has no clue about car stuff.

Marc
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I am lucky too - circled items appear under the tree for me too - but only if I specify exact model numbers, etc as, bless her heart, my wife has no clue about car stuff.

Marc
+1 for me...My torque wrench, floor jack, box-end wrenches, extra socket set to carry in my car, not to mention a library full of automotive books and DVDs, all were gifts from my wife, or my kids as a result of info from my wife. I do have to provide details on tools and accessories, but it beats standing in line to return a solar powered nose hair trimmer....
Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Never will understand how some men need permission from their GF for stuff like this. I love my GF, but I'm still the man.

She can play with my bits, but it's pretty clear who owns them.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by E_T
For me this would be the perfect expression of compression/compassion and love, what is the big deal?
And whats wrong with a wallet, tie or socks?

I just get what I want.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just buy it for yourself. Either they are born with the car gene or not. I do not think it is teachable!

My wife just tolerates my purchases. She does not understand at all why I NEED more than one car or NEED to make a perfectly good car faster.

I "let" her buy shoes, clothes and spend money on the garden and we both live happily together!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I buy what I want, and near christmas I shut one of the items over to her and the kids - they wrap it up and "give" it back to me on the morning of the 25th!

I know it sound boring, but then I get exactly what I want, and it takes pressure off them, because they know they have no clue how to buy tools, upgrades and parts, and for the times they have attempted, I usually either had to return it or just shelve it. there is actually a cost economy here... :-)

Now, were did the shift **** go ... ?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...it takes pressure off them...Mike J
Yes, my wife frets about what to get me, but I tell her I don't even know what to get myself.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

I got tired of telling my wife what I wanted for presents because she would never get anything I wanted. I gave up a few years ago. It's even worse when her mother asks what I want because if the daughter won't do it the mother sure won't.

Even asking for a gift cert from a gun store is so way out of whack........ I'll never understand women. I've just resorted to getting what I want and telling them to get me socks or underwear.

Quick Reply: OT: Women and their lack understanding - I just want a tuning kit for Christmas