OT: Women and their lack understanding - I just want a tuning kit for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Akerlie
I suggested a steering wheel as my birthday present, somehow that did not qualify.

Thats what i really want so why cant I just get it ? I just cant get it

Edit : I will try your method nile13
Notice that I do have a nice new steering wheel in my 993
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always marched to the beat of my own drum and buy what I what, when I want, and whatever I want. Even if I were married, I'd still roll that way. Probably explains why Im not married, never been married, nor do I plan on marrying.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I buy what I want...
Me too - my wife complains I am impossible to buy for because if I want something, I just go get it.

We agreed upon a "no buying zone" from October 1 onwards so, if I see something in a flyer etc, I am not supposed to just go get it, I give her the circled flyer and I get it as a "surprise" on Christmas morning.

Too bad it does not go both ways when she showed up with some new jewellery last week.....

Marc
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I think most of us buy what we want, otherwise we would not have our 993s (964s/931/toys...).

I think what E_T was trying to say is that when he gets asked what he wants for christmas and his honest answer is Tuning chip/tools/car parts/steering wheel, his better half does not recognise that as a valid gift.

Am I right E_T ?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Me too - my wife complains I am impossible to buy for because if I want something, I just go get it.

We agreed upon a "no buying zone" from October 1 onwards so, if I see something in a flyer etc, I am not supposed to just go get it, I give her the circled flyer and I get it as a "surprise" on Christmas morning.

Too bad it does not go both ways when she showed up with some new jewellery last week.....

Marc
In our household its pretty simple. I pay the mortgages on both homes and all the bills and she does what she wants with her money. I just bought a remote start, arch moldings, bug and moonroof deflectors for my new Outback and Im like "hey, check this **** out."---after the fact of course.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 354 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
I'm lucky. I fold over page corners and circle items in the Griots catalog. Same with ads in Pano or Excellence. I leave email quotes from Sunset up on the computer screen.Then good stuff appears on my birthday, under the tree, and in my xmas stocking. They come from my two year old son, my mother-in-law, and my wife. I think it works great for everyone.

Should I send you a dogeared Excellence JoAnne?
Sure, I'll just add it to the pile of other dogeared Excellence mags piled under the table
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yearseses ago in our courting stages, I got all sorts of gaskets and trim bits and this and that for my TR3 resto from what's her face for bday / xmas

attagirl 8-)

nowadaze... it's socks and shirts and what not - necessitylike. I buy the crap I wants, she buys the crap she wants... and I buy her the crap she wants. Hey, wait a second...

Kidding aside (1/2 kidding)... jah mon... those requests are totally legitimate gift requests. Keep workin the angle, you'll persevere.

now...

Originally Posted by E_T
I could do that, alternatively give her the tuning kit? That would go down well.
WHAT 'tuning kit' is this??? Sign me up... 8-)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can not understand a gift not qualifying. It's your present for crying out loud not hers.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

My wife and I have a pretty good system for gift buying. We buy our own presents and then tell the other what they for us. I have yet to be disappointed.

Quick Reply: OT: Women and their lack understanding - I just want a tuning kit for Christmas