Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Should a 96 C4S have a spare tire ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 344 Posts

Man, I'll bet the OP thinks twice, then twice more before he posts another question....Talk about having your thread hijacked!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

now that the OP knows a spare comes in all 993 porsches, he now has to figure out either to keep in the car or leave it in the garage.

my spare stays in the garage.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Meatball964
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that the OP question has been answered to some extent....
How many remove your spares for DE ?
Dumb question but here goes: I'm installing a lighter 200 cell sport cat. Would it be logical to think removing the spare balances the car's handling in terms of weight distribution ?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question, S2K. I leave it all in there and still get that tail-happy feel. Yes, it becomes a learned feeling, but it certainly merits further investigation. I would have to say (and this is just an opinion of someone who has instructed for over ten years) start with what came on the car. Then bit by bit, remove items from the "frunk" and see how it feels to you. Also make note of weather conditions and PSI to net you a more usable effect.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K993
Now that the OP question has been answered to some extent....
How many remove your spares for DE ?
Dumb question but here goes: I'm installing a lighter 200 cell sport cat. Would it be logical to think removing the spare balances the car's handling in terms of weight distribution ?

Just noticed your avatar! LOL!

as far as removing weight from the frunk of the 993 for track time, i wouldnt worry about the balance changing a whole lot. The idea of ballast is noble, but not neccessary.

At the end of the day, the more weight you can shed, the better i says
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K993
we're talking a few pounds here. not even Michael Schumacher would be able to tell the difference.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

TCS ... I agree entirely. I was just using my knowledge (and I bet you agree) to bring a potentially new or not as experienced driver up slowly and safely.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 77'3.6vram
I guess the "Man" has spoken.Amazing how many experts there are with different opinions.Bob, what year constitutes being "back in the day" in your opinion? Please clarify for the record.
You are a piece of work. But, this is entertaining to watch.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NP993
we're talking a few pounds here. not even Michael Schumacher would be able to tell the difference.
I was not considering the poundage as much as the attitude of the car. I believe that everyone should understand how any car feels "out of the box" before they make any type of weight reduction, let alone a modification. Safe may be slower, but you get to test another run.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I always run with my spare in the trunk. I have to make weight for G stock, I prefer having more weight in the front, I have attached my cool suit cooler to an iridium platform ( )that is attached to the rim and, more importantly, since Porsche probably tested the 993 with the spare tire in as-delivered form (I have no data to back this up), it is logical to assume that having the spare tire up front will not hurt the crash protection and that removing it might. I do firmly believe that the aluminum construction of the spare wheel will absorb energy and that the rubber tire will help hold the spare in place in the event of a collision that would have enough energy to compress the spare tire well.

Your lack of knowledge is amazing.Can one of the experts chime in here.
Am I supposed to be impressed?I am not.Do you think your an expert? Your not. I don't do parades or wine tours or play want-a-be race car driver.You do.
I can only tell you what I have been told repeatedly over the past 24years of air cooled Porsche ownership by over ten indy P-shops & Dealerships.Are you enjoying your mental ************ guys? I know I am. Please keep it cumming.
You originally wrote "************" [sic], deleted it and replaced the letters with "************" after 911SLOW addressed your behavior and then, inexplicably, put ************ back into your own post.

Please don't forget that, in this thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...bout-2s-3.html), about four months ago you made a promise to rectify your behavior after you went to the brink and back from being permanently banned (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...e-moron-3.html). If you recall, you assailed JoAnne/RJT, a moderator (Bonster) and a few other Rennlisters with these gems:

Just come out and ask. I'm not shy. Thick as a beer can ,I'm told!
(Added this to your subtitle>>Subtitled: Looking for a picture of my ****!)

You finally bought the right NA and it's a NB coupe. To bad it was built for a boy racer.Mother what?
In reference to a response from JoAnne.

Did you loose your girlfriend this week? GFY
(Added this to your edit>>Reason: Another chick that wishes she had a dick!)

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
^^^^ Always classy. Carry on like this and I foresee another 'vacation' in your future.
+993

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

To 77'3.6vram: Thanks once again for being less than respectful in voicing YOUR opinion.
+993

Originally Posted by DALLWA
77'3.6vram has to have pictures of someone.
He berates everyone including the moderators, goes from "banned" to "un banned", has selective dyslexia with some disgusting references.
+993

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Misspelling is fine. This is not a English grammar forum.. But, your tone on a few threads here is not.
Please reconsider your posting manners before it's too late..
Thank you, John. Question: how long will the 993 board have to put up with this overarching rudeness? Has 77'3.6vram really changed or did he just get a bit quiet over the past 120 days?

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Obviously we're not privy to PM's but based on a long history here I find it hard to believe in his sincerity.
Corrdo nailed it here.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 09-16-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, yes ... I do recall being the chick who wished she had a ... Umm ... that thing my husband on occasion shares with me. Yeah, that was not very polite.

This crowd pretty much took me on faith, Vram, when I defended you. Please do not bring out the biatch in me. I would love to have y'all stay, but not at the expense of alienating so many folks. These folks, for the most part, actually give a rip in that they are trying so hard to help you to blend in with the gang. We care about one another here. Yeah, we give each other grief sometimes, but we do try.

Please be the polite guy that I hope you are.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I guess the "Man" has spoken.Amazing how many experts there are with different opinions.Bob, what year constitutes being "back in the day" in your opinion? Please clarify for the record.
1) Have you no sense of humour?

2) Please keep your comments polite as is custom in this forum.

Regards,
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, I did not delete anything or change anything on my post the Mods did. Your late to this party.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Did the post (s) say who edited it and why?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I do not think anything I posted was offensive.

Originally Posted by Bonster
Oh, yes ... I do recall being the chick who wished she had a ... Umm ... that thing my husband on occasion shares with me. Yeah, that was not very polite.

This crowd pretty much took me on faith, Vram, when I defended you. Please do not bring out the biatch in me. I would love to have y'all stay, but not at the expense of alienating so many folks. These folks, for the most part, actually give a rip in that they are trying so hard to help you to blend in with the gang. We care about one another here. Yeah, we give each other grief sometimes, but we do try.

Please be the polite guy that I hope you are.
I did not realize how many members love Tipper Gore and share her views about 2Live Crew and Prince.Do you think the word that the Mods deleted wassoo offensive? Please give me a break.Who is it that does not have a since of humor?I thought the French were very liberal and risqué.I guess not north of the US border.
Respectfully
Michael

Quick Reply: Should a 96 C4S have a spare tire ?