Bonnie -- Ban the moron

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
His vacuum lines may be on wrong resulting in a stuck resonance flap. He may come around.
So basically his attitude sucks? Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:44 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was his Arena Red Metallic a 2S by chance?

LOL
Old 05-12-2012, 03:44 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
So basically his attitude sucks? Lol.
... at a minimum, Bonnie. At a minimum.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
Was his Arena Red Metallic a 2S by chance?

LOL
No, but that was a good one.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to worry, Roger. "My boys" are taking care of it.

Pardon my lack of legal knowledge, and for my eternal curiosity, but what do warrant officers do? You want to become a mod?
Used to work for CA DMV doing administrative hearings for people with DUIs, too many accidents etc. I had to determine whether or not to allow for them to keep their license. Some actions I had discretion, others were mandated by statute.

When reviewing a driver's record prior to a hearing, it was usually pretty obvious if the driver was negligent. Their history would catch up with them. I tried to balance that some people are just human and made some mistakes vs. others who demonstrated a lack on concern and were going to hurt someone. I felt no qualms taking that second type of driver off the road.

So, to bring this around to the C2S thread, vram admits he started it with the sole intention of causing dissent. Fine, it would have run its course. He could have let things lie but instead chose to escalate it into some vulgar posts and very hurtful insults. At that point, IMHO it rose to the level of banning. I can find enough of that in the world without seeing it here or worrying my wife will have to read that stuff. The 993 forum is a very special board in many ways but vram is toxic and he crossed the line.

I'll bow to your authority on this and respect your decision either way, this is just my .02. Being a mod on here can't be for the faint of heart, got to like herding cats and playing Solomon.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

vram, V-ram, Vikram, Vikram Pandit?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Meant hearing officer, sorry. I did change it, but you responded too quick. The reason I did not take action further was because I didn't think it would be right to do so on someone that directed the comment toward me. I almost hit the "report" button myself, but others beat me to it. I guess it is kind of how you might not want to officiate over a case where a bad driver ran into you. It might seem like a better idea to let a fellow hearing officer take on that decision if one is available.

Don't get me wrong. I wanted to, but in this case, at least for that comment he directed at me, I thought it best to let one of the other mods handle it. In this case I did not want the guy to have room to gripe about this to all the other mods. We have enough to deal with.

Funny how he asked me if I hated men and all that. Sounds to me like he has a problem with women who have any kind of authority. I do a lot of my own car work because I like to see how things work, and don't like waiting. I race because it thrills more than doing my hair and makeup. So he took a pot shot at me because my profile picture is not of super model quality. Honestly, he is going to have to try a heck of a lot harder to hurt my feelings. All he did today was make a fool of himself. Did anybody bring the popcorn?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I'd be happy to see 77'3.6vram take a permanent vacation. Mike, thanks for initiating this thread. I only wish the board had been quicker at cleansing other malicious users like deadhead1960; his banning took far too long.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:57 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I'd be happy to see 77'3.6vram take a permanent vacation. Mike, thanks for initiating this thread. I only wish the board had been quicker at cleansing other malicious users like deadhead1960; his banning took far too long.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

This is the first I heard about "deadhead1960". Maybe I was at the track or something. That is usually where I am when I can't be gotten hold of. I can't wait till June at Barber! Oops. Went off topic fir a second.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 347 Likes on 154 Posts

Well, in his defense, I did say "idiot." But I only said that because he was being rude to JoAnne of all people. I cannot in good conscience ban or infract him, as I don't think it would be right. But other mods can and have. The biggest penalty is the one he has thrown upon himself by publicly humiliating himself. Check out his visitor message on my profile page. He just never stops with the rudeness.
Wow....

and it's not like I named myself
Mother Superior.
The Porsche boys named me.
BTW: I am not a Mother........
I never had any kids so I really am not a mother at all ,unless I can count one miscarriage and my Speedster as my lil girl.

Wow...

THANKS for sticking up for me.

Bonne doesn't hate men, its quite the opposite......

Don't let him bug you. That is what he wants to do. Some people are just like that. Nothing you can do to change them.
I didn't say anything wrong in my post, yet I got quite the response. Heaven knows I am just another stupid women with a Boy car.
I actually found his reply quite amusing, Robert on the other hand, did not, not at all.
I haven't seen many of his posts before and now will be seeing even less of them. If I find someone over the top mean, nasty and malicious, I hit ignore.
Gone and good bye.
Thanks to all of you I've been forewarned and now he's ignored.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Meant hearing officer, sorry. I did change it, but you responded too quick. The reason I did not take action further was because I didn't think it would be right to do so on someone that directed the comment toward me. I almost hit the "report" button myself, but others beat me to it. I guess it is kind of how you might not want to officiate over a case where a bad driver ran into you. It might seem like a better idea to let a fellow hearing officer take on that decision if one is available.

Don't get me wrong. I wanted to, but in this case, at least for that comment he directed at me, I thought it best to let one of the other mods handle it. In this case I did not want the guy to have room to gripe about this to all the other mods. We have enough to deal with.

Funny how he asked me if I hated men and all that. Sounds to me like he has a problem with women who have any kind of authority. I do a lot of my own car work because I like to see how things work, and don't like waiting. I race because it thrills more than doing my hair and makeup. So he took a pot shot at me because my profile picture is not of super model quality. Honestly, he is going to have to try a heck of a lot harder to hurt my feelings. All he did today was make a fool of himself. Did anybody bring the popcorn?
Bonnie, I can understand why you didn't feel comfortable doing the reporting in this situation so I tried to do a "Report Post" but couldn't figure out how to do it so I posted the question in the Help Forum with a link to the offending thread/post. One of the other mods took note and I guess they did the deed. They may have known about the situation long before they got around to reading my post though, I have no idea and it doesn't really matter. Hopefully it will be another 8 years before I feel the need to do it again. Take care, you mods do a good job of keeping us in line most of the time (P&C forum is the obvious exception....).
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Bon

How long is the misogynist on vacation?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Jo - wow is right! Lol. Good thing the bad weather kept me home today or I would have missed all the excitement. I was surprised at how many folks jumped on this whole thing. I suppose it's a 993 thing.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Not sure of the protocol: Do we wish a Mother Superior "Happy Mother's Day", or not?

(Jo, I believe that started as your team title... )

Quick Reply: Bonnie -- Ban the moron