blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been Quadcammed....
Old 08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why am I agreeing with Quadcammer so much lately?

Time to start humping and loving on the curves of the lush booty smacking 993. That create some distance between us again.

To Mark's point, why in the word would anyone not wish the best for Scott? If Sloan/Wilhoit/Truspeed can ask $80k for it, why shouldn't Scott?

Can always lower it, not raise it. Looks like its worth every penny to me. Classic!

Originally Posted by scott watkins
Guys, again really appreciate all the kind words and good luck comments. Let's please keep responses to questions about the car I have for sale. When I have some time in the coming days to get some new pictures, I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds. For those that want to discuss past/current/future 993 prices, and or thoughts on what a car should or shouldnt be used for, please start another thread.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
This is one of the reasons why Pelican only allows the seller to post to threads. Yes, yes, I know this is not the For Sale forum, but, no matter what we think of the seller's pricing strategy, IMHO, I think it's proper decorum to refrain from making potentially disparaging remarks on the price. Let the market dictate what the value of the car is, for our opinions could easily influence a buyer, thus hurting the seller's sale. Scott has been a valued member for a loooooong time, so let's consider giving him the courtesy he deserves and think about the respect we would desire if we were selling our cars here.

Again, Scott, good luck with the sale. I hope you get every penny. You have a sweet, low mileage car.
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
ok, no.

this is not **** germany. What a man sells his car for is his personal business. If he wants to share, cool, if not, then tough luck.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I've had a few exchanges in PM with a few people who feel it is their right to comment on asking prices. Further some feel that John D. would agree with those who criticize a given selling price.

Thanks to 911SLOW, here is an old post from John Dunkle himself on the subject.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...07-post16.html

I think you'll see that his opinions and mine are in sync.

Regards,
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Bob, the link doesn't work for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

linky dead Bob
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I've had a few exchanges in PM with a few people who feel it is their right to comment on asking prices. Further some feel that John D. would agree with those who criticize a given selling price.

Thanks to 911SLOW, here is an old post from John Dunkle himself on the subject.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...07-post16.html

I think you'll see that his opinions and mine are in sync.

Regards,

Bob,

Maybe we need some clarification regarding the rules regarding which forum one should post a For Sale thread. Over the years there have been many discussions on where to start a thread and what you can say (or not say). Other forums have very strict rules about not posting FS threads in general or technical discussion forums. And the moderators move them quickly. It makes it much cleaner.

I agree that we all should have a high level of civility towards each other (Rennlistship at its best) and not bash someone (for what ever reason). But with that said, it is time for the Rennlist gods to look at the existing rules and consider any modifications that may deem appropriate.

My suggestions.

1. For Sale threads should be in the For Sale forums. And quickly moved if not in the right place. Too many games being played.

2. For Sale threads should not have any postings other than by the seller. Does GLWS posts really add anything other than clutter. Let the seller manage the messaging.

3. Those threads which start with "thinking of selling, maybe, not sure, feeler, etc " posts should be thoroughly reviewed and deleted if the OP does not follow the rules. Are you selling or not? Ask you spouse, not us.

I appreciate the policing that you and other moderators perform. Sometimes a bit heavy handed with some and lighter with others. But necessary to make it a special place.

Mark
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Bob,

Maybe we need some clarification regarding the rules regarding which forum one should post a For Sale thread. Over the years there have been many discussions on where to start a thread and what you can say (or not say). Other forums have very strict rules about not posting FS threads in general or technical discussion forums. And the moderators move them quickly. It makes it much cleaner.

I agree that we all should have a high level of civility towards each other (Rennlistship at its best) and not bash someone (for what ever reason). But with that said, it is time for the Rennlist gods to look at the existing rules and consider any modifications that may deem appropriate.

My suggestions.

1. For Sale threads should be in the For Sale forums. And quickly moved if not in the right place. Too many games being played.

2. For Sale threads should not have any postings other than by the seller. Does GLWS posts really add anything other than clutter. Let the seller manage the messaging.

3. Those threads which start with "thinking of selling, maybe, not sure, feeler, etc " posts should be thoroughly reviewed and deleted if the OP does not follow the rules. Are you selling or not? Ask you spouse, not us.

I appreciate the policing that you and other moderators perform. Sometimes a bit heavy handed with some and lighter with others. But necessary to make it a special place.

Mark
+993

I wasn't going to post on this thread again, since Bob deleted mine (and others) comments he deemed offensive, but in a PM to me, Bob made it clear in no uncertain terms is anyone to say anything on any post in a For Sale thread that counters anything the OP posts. I am guessing this includes comments up to, and including, correcting information that may be incorrect, pricing, etc.

This is a new change that counters a long standing RL policy which I understood to state that it's generally considered bad form to comment on posts in the For Sale section, but For Sale threads incorrectly posted here in the technical discussion area could be, umm....discussed.

I, too, asked Bob for clarification, but never got a response to this new Rennlist change of procedure. Maybe you'll have more luck than I

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 08-21-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Censorship is an ugly thing!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Bob,

My suggestions.

Mark
Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
+993

I wasn't going to post on this thread again, since Bob deleted mine (and others) comments he deemed offensive, but in a PM to me, he made it clear in no uncertain terms is anyone to say anything on any post in a For Sale thread that counters anything the OP posts. I am guessing this includes comments up to, and including, correcting information that may be incorrect, pricing, etc.

This is a new change that counters a long standing RL policy which I understood to state that it's generally considered bad form to comment on posts in the For Sale section, but For Sale threads incorrectly posted here in the technical discussion area could be, umm....discussed.

I, too, asked Bob for clarification, but never got a response to this new Rennlist change of procedure. Maybe you'll have more luck than I
So the unintended consequence of this will be that someone sees a 993 for sale in the appropriate section, let's say a Putrid Chartreuse over Chestnut Brown (hey, if I can't get a dig in on my own interior color.......), 11 owner, 238K+ original, verified mile 2S Tiptronic for a $299,999 ask and then posts a thread here in this forum commenting about the car.

Now what happens?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
So the unintended consequence of this will be that someone sees a 993 for sale in the appropriate section, let's say a Putrid Chartreuse over Chestnut Brown (hey, if I can't get a dig in on my own interior color.......), 11 owner, 238K+ original, verified mile 2S Tiptronic for a $299,999 ask and then posts a thread here in this forum commenting about the car.

Now what happens?
What I took from a discussion I had today by a moderator, is that even if someone posts fraudulent/incorrect information on a For Sale thread incorrectly posted here, it is now frowned upon to bring attention to it. It is considered "crapping all over it" and "polluting" the thread. And, of course, commenting on someone's price here in the technical forum is now strictly forbidden. It sure would be nice to have some real clarification on these new rules of procedure.

I do not want to take away any more attention from Scott's beautiful thread about his great car, so I will bow out here. Any further inquiries should be made to the moderator(s) who have enacted this new change of decorum.

Scott, all the best on your sale.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Goofball and others, I posted this in the other thread. Please note that errors in an ad may be pointed out. Cheap shots about what a seller is asking are not appreciated. Likewise, allegations of fraud ..well don't get me going judge-and-jury people. I also took time to explain to goofball and ilko exactly why. I notice that goofy left out that part in his post above.

In a nutshell intelligent buyers use google. Looking for a 993? I am certain they will end up here. What do they find? A number of self proclaimed market experts - who are not in the business - telling the world that an asking price is too high. Who knows what the market really is? I've seen Blue Book values on 993's double in the last 18 months or so. The bottom line is that off the cuff speculation may drive the market down to the detriment of the seller.

Finally:

For those who have forgotten, here is what John D had to say about this sort of thing back in 2007. That's for those of you who feel that policy has changed in his absence:

https://rennlist.com/forums/4038407-post16.html

Regards,
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

anybody hear crickets?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

70k?! does your 4s come with two turbos??? because thats effing absurd...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Clear example of a poster not reading the contents of the thread or maybe trying to be funny.

EMB, meet Bob...

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
70k?! does your 4s come with two turbos??? because thats effing absurd...
Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Goofball and others, I posted this in the other thread. Please note that errors in an ad may be pointed out. Cheap shots about what a seller is asking are not appreciated. Likewise, allegations of fraud ..well don't get me going judge-and-jury people. I also took time to explain to goofball and ilko exactly why. I notice that goofy left out that part in his post above.

In a nutshell intelligent buyers use google. Looking for a 993? I am certain they will end up here. What do they find? A number of self proclaimed market experts - who are not in the business - telling the world that an asking price is too high. Who knows what the market really is? I've seen Blue Book values on 993's double in the last 18 months or so. The bottom line is that off the cuff speculation may drive the market down to the detriment of the seller.

Finally:

For those who have forgotten, here is what John D had to say about this sort of thing back in 2007. That's for those of you who feel that policy has changed in his absence:

https://rennlist.com/forums/4038407-post16.html

Regards,
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just stating the obvious brother and adding to the clutter. too much of this in the technical section.
when a new page starts i will quote MJS's post because its the only way back to reality...

Quick Reply: 4S FS