Sponsored by:

4S FS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
I believe it is a violation of the Rennlist rules to cast any negative light on a seller's proposed price or vehicle. At the very least, it isn't cool.
I gather that the common thought is...comments are OK, maybe not welcome, but OK on FS cross posts on the individual forum's. Debating price, listing, condition, etc isn't advisable on the actual member to member, or classifieds listings.

Everything posted here should be fair game, to expect otherwise is being nieve. That being said, we can all agree to disagree on everything from price, color, condition, hell...even vaccumn'ed carpet patterns. Some of us just need to do it in a LESS mean spirited, condescending, and down right ****ty way.

GLWS, especially at the asking price. As a fellow C4S owner-although at 90K miles, I'm rooting for ya!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice car, I hope you get every bit of that $70K...

But I agree with MagDaddy, in that this isn't the ForSale forum, so we should get more latitude here... not to be rude or negative... but this is the 993 forum, not the for sale forum...
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

$70K ? Has the 993 Turbo market heated up like that as well ?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

My 4S has about 10K more miles. Not that I'm selling but interested to see what happens with the OP's sale, if anything...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Will you be willing to let us know what your 993 actually sells for"

Hi Mark, yes sir will do.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by race911
Not all of us are. And some of us who have one (or more) are still buyers. Know what the best times, for me, have been? When we owned 911s, and enjoyed them for being what they were. Not what they added to your portfolio.

Let's be real for a moment. Does +/- $5K "value" that comprises most of what we have here matter in the least? I submit if it does, then you likely shouldn't have that much money tied up in a car.

Anyway, hope the car is lined up with an appreciative buyer, and both parties walk away satisfied.
Agreed. I personally don't much care whether the "value" of my car goes up or down $5k and I don't monitor it. Going up doesn't necessarily make me happy. Should I ever have the need to replace it someday, I don't want it to be a "collector" car, though it appears that many here do.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, again really appreciate all the kind words and good luck comments. Let's please keep responses to questions about the car I have for sale. When I have some time in the coming days to get some new pictures, I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds. For those that want to discuss past/current/future 993 prices, and or thoughts on what a car should or shouldnt be used for, please start another thread.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

This is one of the reasons why Pelican only allows the seller to post to threads. Yes, yes, I know this is not the For Sale forum, but, no matter what we think of the seller's pricing strategy, IMHO, I think it's proper decorum to refrain from making potentially disparaging remarks on the price. Let the market dictate what the value of the car is, for our opinions could easily influence a buyer, thus hurting the seller's sale. Scott has been a valued member for a loooooong time, so let's consider giving him the courtesy he deserves and think about the respect we would desire if we were selling our cars here.

Again, Scott, good luck with the sale. I hope you get every penny. You have a sweet, low mileage car.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

The only thing I'll say about this is that I'm sitting here munching popcorn. Lots of popcorn. I LOVE this thread. Hoping you get a quick sale for around $85k due to a bidding war.

By the way, you have the best color combo and the best model type (C4S - perfect for bad weather and good) though I'm totally biased of course.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
This is one of the reasons why Pelican only allows the seller to post to threads. Yes, yes, I know this is not the For Sale forum, but, no matter what we think of the seller's pricing strategy, IMHO, I think it's proper decorum to refrain from making potentially disparaging remarks on the price. Let the market dictate what the value of the car is, for our opinions could easily influence a buyer, thus hurting the seller's sale. Scott has been a valued member for a loooooong time, so let's consider giving him the courtesy he deserves and think about the respect we would desire if we were selling our cars here.

Again, Scott, good luck with the sale. I hope you get every penny. You have a sweet, low mileage car.
I think this is a really good idea, and it should be a rule. However, I think the seller should be REQUIRED to post selling prices once a deal is struck. This will help all of us assess true market conditions - and give us other options than just Mannheim Auction pricing...

To the OP - GLWS. I am intrigued to see your selling price!

My $0.02,
-B
Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 AM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott watkins
Guys, again really appreciate all the kind words and good luck comments. Let's please keep responses to questions about the car I have for sale. When I have some time in the coming days to get some new pictures, I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds. For those that want to discuss past/current/future 993 prices, and or thoughts on what a car should or shouldnt be used for, please start another thread.

Thanks!
??????????
Did I misunderstand the accepted convention on RL? I was under the impression that cars posted for sale in the "for sale" section were to be given the courtesy of limiting responses to questions about the car and not to have speculation on appropriateness of pricing.
However, on the "technical discussions" forum, I was under the impression that no such consideration was expected or deserved. You are posting a "for sale" ad in a "discussion" section... that opens it up to "discussion" - including pricing. No?
Please set me straight if I've woefully misunderstood RL etiquite on this.
Having said that... I will refrain from commenting on price, just so no one thinks I have any agenda here.
GLWS!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
??????????
Did I misunderstand the accepted convention on RL? I was under the impression that cars posted for sale in the "for sale" section were to be given the courtesy of limiting responses to questions about the car and not to have speculation on appropriateness of pricing.
However, on the "technical discussions" forum, I was under the impression that no such consideration was expected or deserved. You are posting a "for sale" ad in a "discussion" section... that opens it up to "discussion" - including pricing. No?
Please set me straight if I've woefully misunderstood RL etiquite on this.
Having said that... I will refrain from commenting on price, just so no one thinks I have any agenda here.
GLWS!
+1...I nominate this for the Post Of The Day Award!....I think the POTDA is a 1/18 model of a RB C2S by the way. Congratulations.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S

By the way, you have the best color combo and the best model type (C4S - perfect for bad weather and good) though I'm totally biased of course.
+1 GLWS its a beautiful car!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by blake
I think this is a really good idea, and it should be a rule. However, I think the seller should be REQUIRED to post selling prices once a deal is struck. This will help all of us assess true market conditions - and give us other options than just Mannheim Auction pricing...

To the OP - GLWS. I am intrigued to see your selling price!

My $0.02,
-B
ok, no.

this is not **** germany. What a man sells his car for is his personal business. If he wants to share, cool, if not, then tough luck.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
ok, no.

this is not **** germany. What a man sells his car for is his personal business. If he wants to share, cool, if not, then tough luck.
Agreed

Quick Reply: 4S FS