RWB 993 Racing at the 12 Hours of Motegi

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley

I wish I could separate the pictures and add titles under each.
YMMV, but if you hit 'reply' & then examine the "IMG" tags & code of my post, here's an example of how you might be able to break up the pics.

On my computer, I'm "right clicking" to copy the properties (web address) of your previous pix.
I'm guessing you're currently uploading your shots directly to the internal RL gallery. If that doesn't let you "cut & paste" the photos' web addresses, then you might want to use your favorite free image hosting website. (I use imageShack.us; here's a RL thread with other options: "Photo hosting site of choice.")

Example titles separating pictures:

Now THAT's an engine!

What are the chances of running into two random guys with the same outfits at the bar?!
Another Miller, please

Excuse me, can you help? I was told to ask for the "Big Boy" seats.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:35 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry for the wide size of this post. If someone can tell me how to shrink it to fit the screen I'd like that.
Chad-- I'm no expert, but I play one on RL
The blind leading the blind, but I think each RL post "auto-sizes" once photographs get larger than a certain size.
In other words, most writing is the same size throughout most RL pages, but when a post has a photo that's really wide, any long sentences in that specific post will be spaced out to the same margin.

AFAIK, the easiest 4 solutions may be:
  1. Manually enter "carriage returns" i.e., hit 'Enter' to purposefully make the text lines shorter.
  2. Only type in posts with smaller photos.
  3. Re-size your photos to a smaller size. (Most of the above-referenced image hosting sites conveniently offer this option.)
  4. Type less
I just happened to notice that text-wrapping phenomenon on a thread I just posted to.
So, for an example: click on the "Random 993 Picture Thread." Notice my first post (#670) is normal width, with word-wrapping at the margins. I think that's because the photos are below a certain width that causes wider margins.
Then notice my 2nd post (#671) has a wide photo, and the margins are wider (likewise, my text would have been spaced out if I wrote more).

Easiest solution on your thread here is to probably to edit your first post to remove the four widest photos (those at the bottom of post #1), and manually insert them to post #2, where you didn't type much.

Good luck!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wink RANDOM examples

Sorry for the wide size of this post. If someone can tell me how to shrink it to fit the screen I'd like that.
Originally Posted by curve lover

Chad-- I'm no expert, but I think each RL post "auto-sizes" once photographs get larger than a certain size.

easiest solution may be to re-size your photos to a smaller size. (Most of the above-referenced image hosting sites conveniently offer this option.)
Some random photos I found. They illustrate the automatic sizing options on image-hosting sites. They also help illustrate the effects of photo widths, when compared to my next post.

So, opening my web browser happened to take me to this flickr.com page of some photographer you've never heard of Garrett Wade (v2lab).

Clicking that link, you may notice the options to view images from 75 to 1,024 pixels wide.

75 pixels wide

800 pixels wide

1000 pixels wide

Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Phat photo

Originally Posted by curve lover

I think each RL post "auto-sizes" once photographs get larger than a certain size.
Last pic, to show how I think RL spaces out text in specific posts to fit the width of the imbedded photo. Notice yet another 100% unknown photograph my computer randomly opened to ... It's 1280 pixels wide. Check how the margins & accompanying text wrapping are wider than above posts.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jager,
Man you a walking encyclopedia on RL post how to's. I'll keep all this in mind as I post pictures in the future. Thank you very much for the insight.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jager,
Man you a walking encyclopedia on RL post how to's. I'll keep all this in mind as I post pictures in the future. Thank you very much for the insight.
Chad-- Well, maybe a stumbling encyclopedia
If I was any good, I'd find time to post all the on-line pics I've found of your Slate Grey Metallic machine

Most importantly: hope it helps ... & that you enjoyed the 'random' visual aids above!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:08 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Chad,
It was great meeting you and your father. What an unforgettable experience! Fun and tired as hell. LoL
Will let you know when the film is done.
I am fully converted now. Will have nakai work on my 964 turbo in a few month.
He's coming to thailand this monday to do another car. Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Tenn.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Tenn,
I was a please meeting you and your guys as well. Can't wait to see the short film.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Quick Reply: RWB 993 Racing at the 12 Hours of Motegi