Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post - My '98 993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM
davePorsche
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

While we were doing various other things I also replaced the gas pump and the DME --

Interesting story about the gas pump.. i had searched on here many times about "gas smell" .. lots of advice from gas caps - to filler neck tubes, etc ..

while working this winter - i noticed just the tiniest of drips up under the right front of the car - seemed very odd since it had been on the stand for two months. So investigation started.. pulled off front tray. pulled off metal cover that covers the gas pump .. and guess what .. a decent amount of gas dribbles out. hmm. so doing some research i ordered a new gas pump.

now, if you replace your gas pump . please . be smarter. than. me. and never. ever. knock off the clamp that is holding the gas line hose shut. never. do. this. never. ever. i did. after getting back under control the rest was pretty straight forward. we believe the gas was dripping out of the exit side of the pump in the banjo fitting. it was pretty pooled up inside the rubber sleeve that the pump sits in.

so bottom line.. if you have a persistent gas smell to your car and cant find it.. let it sit a few days and then take off the panels to the gas pump and see what you find.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
fatmike
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 267 Posts

Nice thread. Thanks for sharing.

Love the car and what you've done to it.

/
Old 03-29-2014, 02:02 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Mettallic paint option teir's by production year

DavePorsche - great DIY project progress on the coupe. Such endeavors should pass for DSM V therapy .... Luv the BendPak lift .. First Class!

Polar silver metallic was offered as a Tier 1 paint option for much of the 993s production. Although IIRC for model year '98 Polar silver was a Tier 2 metallic paint option ($2,195 or so) with Arctic silver as the Tier 1 offering ($795)
The optional paint pallet/scale was Tier 1, tier 2 and Paint to sample.

During the MY98 production a Sport Racing HB seat option would delay production if also spec'd with the additional seat heat option .. I waited taking the delay which resulted in about a 5 week production delay.

Originally Posted by Kigiin
I didn't think Polar was an option in 1998 - I know in 1997 it wasn't.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 PM
davePorsche
Instructor

on the ground ! fist time with the refinished wheels .. first drive was excellent!

Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
davePorsche
Instructor

And documenting the mileage for my '98 .. not too much .. not too little.. just about right...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:35 PM
davePorsche
Instructor

A few interior shots. Nice black leather and hard back sport seats. The heaters work just fine .. however, whoever designed the really small hard to get to heater controls for the seats didnt really think people would actually use them. impossible to sense/feel with glove. but functional..

and i have to admit.. i had not until today noticed that the back of the seat had the nice Porsceh logo imprinted...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM
davePorsche
Instructor

Along the lines of the paint and interior

-Polar Silver Metallic (more expensive silver paint option as noted above by M Schneider) with Black Leather and Brushed Aluminum Trim

I did a lot of looking to score this car three summers back.. i can only imagine today it would be even harder to find. I have had to do work to the car as documented .. but i think i am still into it (total cost + shipping + mods + service ) at a decent price given what it would take to buy it today.

Quick Reply: First Post - My '98 993 C4S