Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Not a Turbo body BHP cab I'm afraid ..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Not a Turbo body BHP cab I'm afraid ..

I guess this guy read the Excellence article on my car when it was still a widebody Cab last year and decided his car was one too!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290733560457
Old 06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, looks that way. This car, except for the wing,the Speedlines (very sweet), the turbo bumper/splitters, and black top, looks very similiar to my car, and it is about an hour from my house. IF anyone wants me to take a look at it for them, let me know.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 144 Posts

That is not an authentic turbo tail, its aftermarket bolt on. Surprised they didnt spruce up the interior some.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

JP-- On a positive note: "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

Otherwise, frustrating ad

Originally Posted by eBay seller 'buddy1705'

This car was 1 of 7 cars that was modified by BHP to include the Turbo body
Right - the Turbo body with non-Turbo rocker panels

modified by BHP to include the Turbo body ... including splitters
But at least it has the non-Turbo splitters

modified by BHP to include the Turbo body ... and halogen lights
Right - so they modified the zenon / HID to the "halogen upgrade"???

Old 06-24-2012, 12:32 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Zed.
That is not an authentic turbo tail, its aftermarket bolt on. Surprised they didnt spruce up the interior some.
Yep, that's not factory, the splitters are RS and I'd bet those wheels are RH Knockoffs considering the real Speedline 3.6 Turbo wheels offsets wouldn't work on a narrow body 993.

To be clear for those who might come across one of the real BHP 5 widebody cabs .. they were ALL sold as new by Beverly Hills Porsche and delivered to the customers there, not shipped to other dealerships for conversion or delivery, they are ALL 1998 model year cars so they are 'W' series vin numbers that should be in the WS3408XX series. All of them were delivered with 'S' split grill tails (no Turbo tails, although the white car had a factory one added in 2009) and there were 5 different paint colors ordered with no repeats: Arena Red (my car), Glacier White, Arctic Silver, Black and Ocean Blue. The Ocean Blue car was the only Tiptronic in the group.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

It's amazing how the ride height can ruin the look of our cars. That bulbous rear wing isn't helping much either.....
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JPP
Yep, that's not factory, the splitters are RS and I'd bet those wheels are RH Knockoffs considering the real Speedline 3.6 Turbo wheels offsets wouldn't work on a narrow body 993.

To be clear for those who might come across one of the real BHP 5 widebody cabs .. they were ALL sold as new by Beverly Hills Porsche and delivered to the customers there, not shipped to other dealerships for conversion or delivery, they are ALL 1998 model year cars so they are 'W' series vin numbers that should be in the WS3408XX series. All of them were delivered with 'S' split grill tails (no Turbo tails, although the white car had a factory one added in 2009) and there were 5 different paint colors ordered with no repeats: Arena Red (my car), Glacier White, Arctic Silver, Black and Ocean Blue. The Ocean Blue car was the only Tiptronic in the group.
JPP, interesting info. Forgive me but I didn't know your car was so rare. Just curious, do we know where any of the other 4 BHP cars are?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

At the end of the day .. it's an 80K mile '97 Cab with some questionable choices in mod's .. good Mechanical PPI with up to date maintenance, maybe somebody could save it from this fate. Mid-high 20's ??
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
JPP, interesting info. Forgive me but I didn't know your car was so rare. Just curious, do we know where any of the other 4 BHP cars are?
The Glacier white car was bought from an L.A. dealer by a Florida based RL'r here in 2009 but he sold it and wouldn't share where it went from there. The people I bought my car from had bought it in Reno from a dealer and brought it up to Seattle in 2008 and that's where I found it. They told me they had seen the Ocean Blue tiptronic car up in Seattle and they thought it was owned by somebody on Mercer Island, Lake Washington. The black car has been spotted as recently as 2010 in West Hollywood, Ca., and the Arctic Silver car's location is a mystery ...
Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
EntropyChaser993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody should let him know the results of the paternity test. BHP is NOT the father.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

...it's a shame so many kids don't know their fathers these days
Old 06-24-2012, 04:06 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But it says to bid with confidence...I'm confused?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Report to eBay as false. False advert hurt us all.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Report to eBay as false. False advert hurt us all.
I contacted the seller and told him he was misrepresenting the car. He said he would change the listing but hasn't as of this morning .. so I reported the ad to eBay. To be frank, I doubt there's much of anything that can be done when sellers make claims like this .. I think it's just another 'Caveat Emptor' situation if the seller is expecting to be paid a value higher than normal market for the same car without those claims .. which obviously they are.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ BTW .. I reported to eBay that the seller was misrepresenting the vin and/or Title. I think that is correct because the BHP vehicles are 1998 model year only and the vin's are a sequential set in a specific range with the last 7 characters having 'WS3408xx' (xx being variable that could start as low as 26 and go as high as 34 based on my vin number. Anybody else who would like to make a similar report is welcome as far as I'm concerned ..

Quick Reply: Not a Turbo body BHP cab I'm afraid ..