Sponsored by:

RoDeO's 993 reanimation

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RoDeO's 993 reanimation

Hello, my name is Roberts and i am from Latvia (Europa)

Today i bought my first Porsche, i would like you to help me with advice and support.

The car is still in US and im waiting to get it loaded on ship.

Here are the photos, its pretty much damaged but it starts and drives and the wheels are straigh so its still ok, i will fix it someday,

can you tell me if it c2 or c4 as the title said its rwd but i found some info in google that its c4,

was it full turbo Look body before the crash?
what wheels are they any good aftermarket or cheep ones?

and after that i would like to know where to get users manual, and what parts are missing in front of the car and around it, so i can start to search for them.

so far i have bought the front bumper, im searching for hood, usdm right headlamp, bouth front wings, underwings, and the crash bar under the bumper,

if sombody has these parts for sale please let me know!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Cool project! From the pics it appears to be a wide-body. There were no
wide-body cabriolets made (except for the 5 Beverly Hills cars) so this is
probably a non-factory conversion..

Good luck!!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

that looks like a big hit...no way that car doesn't have damage to the unibody in my opinion. The bumper reinforcing bar is absolutely mangled, and at a weird angle.

Why would any salvage yard hammer the panels more flat? It's the same car in both pics, correct?

As mentioned above, there were no widebody cabs. You have to be VERY suspicious of the quality of the work underneath.

I wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping you paid 5 cents on the dollar for the car, cause it's gonna take a wheelbarrow or two of cash to make it right again.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

ok, thx,

what does come in turbo look bodykit wich parts are different from normal narow body cars?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:19 PM
linen grey ghost
Racer

Default Perhaps this may be of some use...

Link to USA 993 parts katalog...Bon' Chance, mon ami !

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13404035499553
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Yea, that car got whacked pretty hard, even the exhaust tips look weird, never mind the entire car has to have been customized.

I hope you have deep pockets, there will be extensive damage to the front clip, frame rails, internals and god knows what.

Best of luck though - if you want to post pictures as you strip and repair the car, it would be very cool - and there are lots of experts on this list that can help you though any technical issues.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those wheels look like SSR's not particularly high end...but not low end junk either... I think they've been discontinued, so finding a single one may be a challenge.

It's hard to tell if it was originally a 2 or a 4. Typically a widebody with red calipers would be a 4S, but since it's a cabrio... all bets are off because of the lack of factory wide-body cabrio's.

The narrow body c4 had silver brake calipers and the c2 had black ones... but the red is likely aftermarket spray job - especially since someone put a wide-body on it.

Nothing "comes with" the turbo look body kit, because it wasn't sold as a kit. If you mean "what was different in the turbo look cars" the obvious is the front bumper and the rear fenders, but there are a number of elements under the skin (see JPP's posts about his speedster/widebody cab for more details)

Best of luck.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
It's hard to tell if it was originally a 2 or a 4. Typically a widebody with red calipers would be a 4S, but since it's a cabrio... all bets are off because of the lack of factory wide-body cabrio's.

The narrow body c4 had silver brake calipers and the c2 had black ones... but the red is likely aftermarket spray job - especially since someone put a wide-body on it.
Those rear rotors are standard 993 C2/C4 issue (they can be mounted left or right - C4S or TT rear rotors are side specific). The red calipers are definitely a paint or spray job.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

The wheels are SSR's GT3 polished lip...
Good luck with getting this puppy back in shape bro..

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:49 AM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

Thx for the Inofs you are very kind here,

I will add all the images what i have, and maybe you can see something interesting or bad.

I will uploadu the picts and show you have the works goes step by step.

is this topic posted in right place of this forum?

Old 06-23-2012, 03:23 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Oddly enough, I have a single SSR wheel available.

OP, there are a couple cars around you, specifically one in Estonia that the owner takes to Riga for some racing on the old track if I remember correctly. Find him here and talk to him, it'll be of great help to yo in putting this car back together: https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...k-ennuste.html
Old 06-23-2012, 03:41 AM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

yes it could be right,

as we have a old race track where i realy often racing my 2jz drift car,

thx for the conntact i will contact him!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear turbo spoiler is aftermarket ("rain gutter mesh" used) I hope you got it at a really good deal as it wil take a LOT of $ just to get this thing running and driving straight. Good luck on the project.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:50 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Tip transmission = rear wheel drive.

If you post the vin we can break down what the car originally was.

Quite a project for you.

Good Luck with it!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I posted this car's eBay listing several weeks ago ..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1423.l2649

I hope you got it for half that asking price ..

Anyway, yes, it appears that it was a full Turbo body conversion on a previously totalled/salvage Tiptronic Carrera 2 (there weren't any C4 tiptronics, so the seller's description is incorrect) ..
Of the 5 Beverly Hills converted widebody cabs, there was only one Tip and it was Ocean Blue Metallic .. not that being one of those cars would reflect a higher level of quality in the work, the opposite would be true from my experience.
So .. you will want to make sure through a thorough inspection that the bodywork included the widebody Turbo rear quarter supports that are part of the lower 'B' pillar/aft longitudinal assembly AND the extended support brackets that are wider and support the fender aft of the axle AND the proper inner fender strut supports and of course Turbo fender liners .. otherwise the bodywork isn't properly supported or protected from the elements and will twist/crack and fail.
Also, the new front wings will need the Turbo body fender extensions at the longitudinal interface to be added.

Quick Reply: RoDeO's 993 reanimation