Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:41 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RoDeO_993
maybe this is a good option or not ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-99...#ht_640wt_1048
No .. it's for an entirely different body/model. If I were you, I'd call Porsche on Monday and ask how much for a brand new front Turbo bumper and then compare that to the used ones you find .. that will help you figure out how much to pay for a bumper that needs repairs v.s. a new one that just needs to be sanded and painted ..
Old 06-24-2012, 02:56 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

This is the only one I could find on any eBay (German, u.k., u.s. ) and it's $1500 used which is NOT a good deal. I can buy a brand new one from the Porsche dealer for $1200!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-1997-Po...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Google WP0CA2993VS340990 and you will find tons of listings.

Odd stuff going on with that serial #, it started life as a C4 narrow body 6 speed.

Here it is a couple of years ago, before a crash, with a red interior being sold as a manual trans turbo cab narrow body for $61,900

http://www.mycarsite.com/porsche-use...A2993VS340990/

http://pmletter.com/classifieds/pors...1-turbo-3-6-7/

Is the VIN on the car in the advertisements identical to the one that the OP posted?
If so, the guy advertising is a bigger liar, cheat, and thief than when he tried to sell me the Gemballa Competition rims in 2007 using the exact same photos. The rims were on a listing on EBay.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far the vin, is right on the car which i bought, as it was listed twice in copart with same vin and also on ebay, with diferent photos on vin, and it also mach with carfax.

i think the turbo cab is some kinda fake or wrong with the number,

my be some kinda cheating, coose its also carrer 2/4 silver cab, 97, from the first basic info on VIN
Old 06-24-2012, 04:56 PM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello,

I have the following used: parts Turbo front bumper and fenders, headlights, rear bumper and driver airbag.
these are from my stock in Budapest, Hungary. If you're interested in, send me a pm.

Arpad
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert,

The vin of the car you purchased (if it is on the correct car) was originally built as a Carrera 4 narrow body with a manual transmission, similar to the one shown in the other ads before the damage and wide body retro fit.

The car in your pictures with that vin is now a wide body automatic. Porsche did not build an auto trans for an all wheel drive car until the 996, and I don't think anybody in their right mind would try to swap an auto into a Carrera 4, much less all of the interior changes the 2 cars show.

So if I were to guess it is either a chop shop special that was built from 2 different crashed cars or some kind of insurance fraud, hard to tell until you get a close look at it.

I'll be curious to see if the awd parts are still on the car or if they used most of a 2 wheel drive shell and stuck the C4 vin on it. The vin should also be displayed by the fuel tank and in the windshield, I wonder if they all match?

Let us know how it turns out.

edit: I see you have a carfax for that vin, any other accidents reported in the last year or two?

Last edited by rsr91128; 06-24-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

yes that's interesting,

is it possible to make the awd car in to a rwd? car or other way?

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...3D&language=en

here is the carfax report and it could mach the time and dates when the car is crashed and sold twice after that,

i could be big coincident that the red interior car is also crashed, in + - same time and same.

maybe you can figure out what kinda story/cheeting could be done with those two cars with same vin? and what could be worth doing that?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:40 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

but just curious,

how and where does the copart check the VIN ?

what if the VIN on the body is different than that on the sticker or the sticker is? i will have a big truble to register the car or at least get it in the country???

or they check the win if its matched some more places?

by the way here it says that the car is also carrera 4 (this auction was right after the car was crashed, i think it matches up with the carfax)

http://www.ridesafely.com/Inventory....CHE&officeID=2
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ Looks like Arpad has your parts for you and fairly close by

The vin number is physically stamped into metal inside the trunk (boot), forward of the gas tank, easily readable once you lift the carpet out. There should be a matching vin plate riveted to the drivers side of the dash visible through the windshield and hopefully another matching number on the factory installed vin sticker inside the drivers side rear, vertical door jam.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

by the way here it says that the car is also carrera 4 (this auction was right after the car was crashed, i think it matches up with the carfax)
Actually, no .. I believe it says the car is a Carrera/Carrera 4 meaning it is one or the other and they've just grouped the names together on the paperwork. It also says the same on Carfax/Autocheck reports.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting car. Im guessing the blend of two crashed vehicles.

The engine bay shows Varioram with the 1994 early style heater/blower unit. That unit is incorrect for that vintage of engine so if this level of change has been made I think you can assume everything else is a mixture of parts....
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 AM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

o, interesting ,

any way, i run the carfax report by the license plate, not by the VIN nr, (the same vin showed up)

so to get the License plate in CA the people should have checked the VIN which is stamped on right?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

o, interesting ,

any way, i run the carfax report by the license plate, not by the VIN nr, (the same vin showed up)

so to get the License plate in CA the people should have checked the VIN which is stamped on right?
Yes .. DMV inspection when the car is FIRST registered in the state .. but that doesn't preclude changes AFTER the car is first registered because subsequent licenses in that state are given without inspections.

To be certain nothing is wrong, you need to have somebody check the vin stamped in the metal in the trunk against the riveted plate on the dash and the sticker in the door .. also, when you ship the car, the shipping company has to give the cars Title to U.S. Customs and they look for problems but they don't inspect the car .. so it's not a completely fool proof system.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
RoDeO_993
Rennlist Member

yes i have organised that somebody will hopefully check today the VINs and compare them,
i talked here around, it shouldn't be a problem if the car is not been stolen and in wanted list to register with the C4 win, just i could take some time.

but i think the Copart should check the VIN right? as its said in they're rules that what they sell will mach the car on the paper or so.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

yes i have organised that somebody will hopefully check today the VINs and compare them,
i talked here around, it shouldn't be a problem if the car is not been stolen and in wanted list to register with the C4 win, just i could take some time.

but i think the Copart should check the VIN right? as its said in they're rules that what they sell will mach the car on the paper or so.
Who is Copart exactly? Is that the seller? Not 1stSalvageauto on eBay? No matter what .. you shouldn't trust a seller to represent you period. You need to have somebody else other than the seller verify the vin is correct, should be someone YOU trust ..

Quick Reply: RoDeO's 993 reanimation