Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Roger.
Old 05-14-2012 | 08:50 AM
speedbump2
Racer

Wow. This guy is too much!
I visit this forum for good, accurate information, and mature conversation / discussions.
I can get all the immature BS I could ever need in the kid dominated VW forums.

I agree with the others that think this guy deserves a permanent vacation.
You know he's going to be just as big an *** when he returns, or bigger.

--Chuck--
Old 05-14-2012 | 09:56 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Chuck -- this guy is why I started that other thread. With all of the trials we each face, especially lately with global economy issues, the last thing we need is more negativity. You are in a good place, Chuck. Don't let our occasional class bully keep you from feeling most welcome.
Old 05-14-2012 | 12:43 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
There are a few people I try not to even read their posts, his are one of them.

No class, no class at all.
one easy solution is to put him, (or anyone), on your "ignore" list.
You'll never see their posts.

User CP = Edit Ignore List.

Craig
Old 05-14-2012 | 01:03 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cgfen

Craig
Yes .. this works quite well .. I put Deadhead on my ignore list early on and it was perfect to see his post name with 'Deadhead is on your ignore list' in the text box each time ... but I have a confession to make; when he posted cars for sale .. I'd temporarily take him off 'ignore' and read the post to see if it was something interesting. I guess even the pope is only human ...
Old 05-14-2012 | 01:04 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cgfen

Craig
Agreed, but a decent conversation might turn into a gong show so even though you may not be able to read their posts, the thread is down the toilet.

The biggest issue for me is to keep RL the way it was created by John D and meant to be in the days of Viken etc. A No BS, mature, to the point list, that is helpful, informative and a great resource that afford us to have our cars, maintain them, upgrade them and use them as they were meant to be. Yes with the occasional banter, laugh and tong in cheek, but certainly not a troll infested, immature , poser type of a place. There are other forums for that.

Back in the day, that was enforced and re enforced by the members and moderators and the result is the wealth of good info and camaraderie that exists today.

So my attitude is: If you cant act as an adult, then you dont have a place on our board. End of story. We cant afford to risk good, valuable contributing members leaving anymore on account of people with over inflated egos that hide behind the "protection" of the keyboard. We lost Viken and that was bad enough.

Get rid of the trolls. Please.
Old 05-14-2012 | 01:20 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Originally Posted by DJF1
Agreed, but a decent conversation might turn into a gong show so even though you may not be able to read their posts, the thread is down the toilet.

The biggest issue for me is to keep RL the way it was created by John D and meant to be in the days of Viken etc. A No BS, mature, to the point list, that is helpful, informative and a great resource that afford us to have our cars, maintain them, upgrade them and use them as they were meant to be. Yes with the occasional banter, laugh and tong in cheek, but certainly not a troll infested, immature , poser type of a place. There are other forums for that.

Back in the day, that was enforced and re enforced by the members and moderators and the result is the wealth of good info and camaraderie that exists today.

So my attitude is: If you cant act as an adult, then you dont have a place on our board. End of story. We cant afford to risk good, valuable contributing members leaving anymore on account of people with over inflated egos that hide behind the "protection" of the keyboard. We lost Viken and that was bad enough.

Well said.
Old 05-14-2012 | 02:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1

Spot on, Danny. This is exactly why I railed against the likes of deadhead1960 and what he was doing to the trust of this incredible forum. When I first joined, I remember how Viken and John D. would quickly dispatch charlatans and trolls. Although Bob Rouleau does a fine job when things get really bad, he is just not here that often. In my opinion, the 993 forum needs more consistent moderation more in vein with John D.'s philosophy so that it doesn't descend into a discussion board overrun by undesirables, for it can lead to people like Viken (an amazing repository of information, for those of you who remember) choosing to leave the board.

If anyone is counting, you have my vote to permanently ban people who can't stop being trolls.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 05-14-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-14-2012 | 03:22 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

I really miss Viken... He knew his stuff and in turn forced me to bring my "A game" when posting... That was a huge loss for the Rennlist community...

I do agree that moderators need to take back control of this place. I see a bit too much garbage now and then, with little to no repercussion....

My $0.02,
-B
Old 05-14-2012 | 04:20 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speedbump2
Wow. This guy is too much!
I visit this forum for good, accurate information, and mature conversation / discussions.
I can get all the immature BS I could ever need in the kid dominated VW forums.

I agree with the others that think this guy deserves a permanent vacation.
You know he's going to be just as big an *** when he returns, or bigger.

--Chuck--
Not sure how many chances this person has had, but giving someone a 2nd chance shows compassion and kindness. I think the drivel he/she spews is venomous (in honor of Mr. Shelby), but we all deserve a 2nd chance to mend our ways. At least in most cases.
Old 05-14-2012 | 05:14 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

blah blah blah.......bunch of namby pambys!!!!
Old 05-14-2012 | 05:16 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil
blah blah blah.......bunch of namby pambys!!!!
Articulate as ever !!
Old 05-14-2012 | 05:17 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Mike the cappo,
Have you driven your 993 this year?

Quick Reply: Bonnie -- Ban the moron