Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Bon

How long is the misogynist on vacation?
Looks like three days, with "probation" until 11 July. The word among several mods is to permaban. I guess we will have to see if he pulls similar stunts in the future.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Not sure of the protocol: Do we wish a Mother Superior "Happy Mother's Day", or not?

(Jo, I believe that started as your team title... )
It did... with Reiser Callas. I was Mother Superior and then it sort of carried over to Rennlist and HWFM...

Mothers Day is always a little tough for me, so if you guys still want me to be your Momma Sup, I would be honored.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Not sure of the protocol: Do we wish a Mother Superior "Happy Mother's Day", or not?

(Jo, I believe that started as your team title... )
Mike - you might just in case. Unless you want a "spanking". Wait. Jo - better put your gloves on. I don't know of many guys here that wouldn't want to get in on that. Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't know about "mother." More like hot mama - just ask Robert.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
The reason I did not take action further was because I didn't think it would be right to do so on someone that directed the comment toward me. I almost hit the "report" button myself, but others beat me to it. I guess it is kind of how you might not want to officiate over a case where a bad driver ran into you. It might seem like a better idea to let a fellow hearing officer take on that decision if one is available.
Been out for the afternoon or would have responded sooner. No problem with the hearing/warrant officer thing.

And, I completely understand you not wanting make it look like you responded to a personal attack. But, it wasn't just you. Without re-reading the whole train wreck, it was posts 46, 93. 97 and 99 that stood out. To call JoAnne a mother ... , is just unbelievable and way beyond just poor manners and then the retort in 99 to you again. Wow.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

The thing that ticked me off was him calling JoAnne and Robert's car a "boy car" with the apparent implication that it was too much car for a female. That is pure crap. Then the "mother what" comment. Jo is one of at least my most revered friends here. I didn't like his comments. Then the "NA...NB" thing. I could be wrong, but from my previous years racing in the Spec Miata class with NASA and SCCA, those are Mazda designations, not Porsche. That he said that made me think he figured Jo didn't know her stuff. I honestly wish no ill will on the guy, but don't mess with my friends. Especially not one who has been in the 993 "Bible." I And I have been mentioned in several publications regarding racing and Miatas in general.

Poor guy probably didn't see this train coming! Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Should we shut this thread down so that only we all get to see it? Or should we leave it up for him to speculate and hopefully change his vernacular? I worry that when he comes back from his "vacation" that this whole thread will get bombarded with more if his rude comments. I hope you all don't have to go through that. Just a question...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Should we shut this thread down so that only we all get to see it? Or should we leave it up for him to speculate and hopefully change his vernacular? I worry that when he comes back from his "vacation" that this whole thread will get bombarded with more if his rude comments. I hope you all don't have to go through that. Just a question...

Back to what I said before.... Do not let him bug you. That's exactly what he wants. Just let this thread be and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, he did not bug me. I just want this area of the forum to get back to "normal" - whatever that is. Lol.

An aside... I am looking to take some vacation time and would like to include you guys on that plan. PM me a good time? Blupurr looks forward to meeting one of his "cousins", and I wanna give Speedy a big hug. I mean... you and Robert. Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I worry that when he comes back from his "vacation" that this whole thread will get bombarded with more if his rude comments. I hope you all don't have to go through that. Just a question...
Leave it up, please, Bonnie. 77'3.6vram isn't man enough to comment about his temporary banning. If he doesn't comment, it would indicate other insecurities that he is compensating for.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thought is let it run if others wish to comment or vent, but probably close it before his timeout ends. I think you are very likely right though about more of the same, and will be surprised if he changes his tune. Funny Mark, I was thinking the exact same analogy.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Personally, I am always surprised when someone gets mean spirited here. Regardless of the type of person we all are in real life, exactly how and WHY would any anger spill over in here?

In my professional(?) life, I'm really an ahole's ahole. I speak my mind, have NEVER been duplicitous(sp), and the old internal monolog switch has been stuck in the open position for many years. I have never really lasted long in any one company, because of my mouth. My ability, and proven track record on the other hand...always guarantee that I land elsewhere on my feet.

This forum, and especialy my car...bring me joy. Regardless of all the $hit in the real world, work, family, etc...I find relief, hell... even solace from this forum. I simply find it impossible to believe someone can willingly bring hate in here.

Life is hard, rennlist...and you people especially, make it easier.

I'm gonna go have another beer, and watch a movie with my 11 year old daughter.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm confused as to why a person would defecate all over a mod on a message board where he has posted his personal info.
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

For those unfamiliar with the rectal head covering in question, you need go no further than this thread.

Skip to post #169 and any confusion quickly dissipates.

Andreas
Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

If ever a thread was opened in my "honor", this would not likely be the one I would choose. Lol. But this thread has taught me more than I expected. Thanks for speaking up. Thanks, as well, for helping mods do a better job. Your guys' input is absolutely priceless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bonnie -- Ban the moron