Door strap repair in WA

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Door strap repair in WA

Anyone had the door strap repair done in the WA area? My door was clicking, so I was being careful, but the wind caught it on my downhill sloping driveway and tore it up : (

I have a couple of shops recommended, Boesens and Haurys, would like to try someplace that has actually done it if possible. Don't know yet if these first 2 have.

Thanks in Advance

Tony
Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 AM
GC96
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine done at Eurotech in Kirkland, wasn't cheap but I think they did a good job.

GC
Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Take it to Mark at Eurotech, again they're not inexpensive but they do some good work.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 AM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Queen City Auto Rebuild in Redmond did mine....
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonydec
I have a couple of shops recommended, Boesens and Haurys

I know they are fairly well regarded here, and came recommended when I asked about shops in the area, but my recent experience at Haury's was remarkably...uhhh...average. It wasn't horrible, but it's about the same quality work that I've gotten at the usual insurance-mill shops on lesser cars. Not at all what I was expecting from a premium-ish shop, and I paid extra and went out of my way to take it there. I have some stuff coming up and I will probably be trying out Eurotech next.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone had the door strap repair done in the WA area? My door was clicking, so I was being careful, but the wind caught it on my downhill sloping driveway and tore it up : (

I have a couple of shops recommended, Boesens and Haurys, would like to try someplace that has actually done it if possible. Don't know yet if these first 2 have.

Thanks in Advance

Tony
Try "Magic Customs" Marv Engstrom(owner) has build a special tool used to correct this problem common to 993 doors. Give him a call ph# 425 6729307
He works only on Porsches.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks for the replies gents.

C2S, I am going to need the strap repaired from within the A pillar, do you know if that is what Magic Customs does?

If you guys that have had it done don't mind, can you PM me a pic of the repair? As we know from some prior threads, some jobs are done beautifully, with the welds ground down smooth, some look like painted over oatmeal.

Tony
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies gents.

C2S, I am going to need the strap repaired from within the A pillar, do you know if that is what Magic Customs does?

If you guys that have had it done don't mind, can you PM me a pic of the repair? As we know from some prior threads, some jobs are done beautifully, with the welds ground down smooth, some look like painted over oatmeal.

Tony
Tony,
He's does repair within the A piilar, he showed me once. He's the expert and perfertionist give him a call, he'll go into detail as to how he does the repair.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TravisB
I know they are fairly well regarded here, and came recommended when I asked about shops in the area, but my recent experience at Haury's was remarkably...uhhh...average. It wasn't horrible, but it's about the same quality work that I've gotten at the usual insurance-mill shops on lesser cars. Not at all what I was expecting from a premium-ish shop, and I paid extra and went out of my way to take it there. I have some stuff coming up and I will probably be trying out Eurotech next.
That sucks! I have been using them for years, & have great experiences with them every time. Hopefully it was just a "bad day" thing.

Originally Posted by C2S
Try "Magic Customs" Marv Engstrom(owner) has build a special tool used to correct this problem common to 993 doors. Give him a call ph# 425 6729307
He works only on Porsches.
I have seen a lot of his work, & it is very good. However, he is also not cheap, & he takes a very long time, both to complete the work, + to get the appointment.

Tony, just call around & see who gives you the warm & fuzzies. The check strap thing is a Porsche problem, & not a 993 problem, so most shops should have some experience with it.

Quick Reply: Door strap repair in WA