Sponsored by: DashLynx

Decisions decisions....Fister 2 or 3's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from stage I's to stage III's...

If you are going to be doing more long trips (over an hour) in the car with the kids...I would go with 2's...

If you are doing small trips and running around town with the family...3's are fine...

If its just you...long or short trips...3's The car sounds perfect...

Question...do you typically mash the throttle when people and small children are present? If you do, you will offend people regardless if they are 2's or 3's... If you drive with respect, 3's may grab some ones attention but it will be a positive response.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I have IIs on my C4S and couldn't be happier. They purr when I'm on the throttle, but when cruising along they're not obnoxious.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been going back and forth on this as well please keep us posted. Anyone know of any HP increase or decrease with these set ups?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
NickyP
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No HP increase from II's or III's but the great sounds from either makes you think you've gained something I had III's and switched to II's and couldn't be happier. I think the II's are what should have been what Porsche delivered from the factory. Way better sounding than stock at all levels (start-up, idle, cruising, decel and WOT), but not obnoxious at all. I love them when I hit the throttle and love that they are fairly docile when just going from A to B on the freeway. They provide great sound "on demand". For my taste, the III's were too loud at 3000-3200 RPM's, which is where I'm cruising on the freeway. I loved them in every other respect, and would have kept them otherwise. Just my $0.02 on this.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

I am reading this thread with tons of interest. The 993 we just bought has Fabspeed supercups and I'm afraid the drone will be too much for us on some of the longer trips we enjoy taking in our 993's. We will more than likely be making a change once the car gets here.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I think I will go with 2's after reading all of the comments. I just dont want it to be too loud for my daughters.

JoAnne, lets hear about the 993? did you sell the backdated car?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have IIs on my C4S, and they're perfect! Just came back from a 200mile
Sunday cruise around the country and all I want to do is go back out again..
They are most incredible over 4K rpm..

Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Did any of you not have the ceramic coating done?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 270 Posts

I was in this same scenario last year, going back and forth on the II vs III. Luckily at one of the local meets, I had a chance to listen to a set of IIs. Quite honestly, I didn't think the IIs were as loud as I'd expected, after reading the archives, and youtube videos. I was expecting more sound. Long story short, I pulled the trigger on the IIIs and couldn't be happier. My gf didn't even know I did anything to the mufflers. We did some long and short drives, and didn't find the db offensive at all. Driving gently thru neighborhoods, it sounds quite mellow. You won't sound anything like those annoying Civics/Integras, if that's your concern. On open highway with WOT, you will smile ear to ear. Best part is during cruising, they don't drone at all. But oh boy watch out when you drop a gear or two, and mash the throttle. The sound is intoxicating
As suggested in earlier posts, just get the IIIs. If you don't like it, put up on RL and someone will ****** them. Or you can get the IIs, and forever wondered or second guessed yourself about not getting the IIIs. Sorry to add to the confusion even more. BTW, I have two little girls too. They love it when daddy punch the go-pedal Just my $.02
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You guys are killing me!!! The good thing is that I dont think there is a wrong answer! So did everyone do the coating? Im wondering if I really need it. The extra $ would go a long way towards some shifter parts from FD!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
You guys are killing me!!! The good thing is that I dont think there is a wrong answer! So did everyone do the coating? Im wondering if I really need it. The extra $ would go a long way towards some shifter parts from FD!
I know the cans are hidden and can't be seen unless you're working under there, but they look so good. Get the coating. They make cleaning up very easy and supposedly keep radiating heat down.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

I think I will go with 2's after reading all of the comments. I just done want it to be too loud for my daughters.

JoAnne, lets hear about the 993? did you sell the backdated car?
Yes we did. It is on the way to New Jersey to a fellow who does PCA Club racing in a Cayman. I believe he is active on 6 Speed and does occasionally pop into Rennlist.

I'll tell you all about the 993 when it gets here in three weeks. I do not want to hijack this thread, even if it is your thread. Here's a picture for now:
Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

I have Stage lll's on my C4S, and an 11 year old daughter who absolutely loves the sound. My wife doesn't care much for the sound increase, she's not interested much in driving it now. The noise level at highway speeds is nothing at all to be concerned with IMHO. We have taken many a day trip in it as a family, and the noise level is not intrusive at all.

Noise, as well as ride characteristics...aka,the " should I go HD's, or PSS 10's, which will ride better on the road" type question...is purely a personal thing. As evidenced by this thread, everyone has an opinion.

I vote Stage lll's, some of your neighbors might not like em...but you'll love em.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did any of you not have the ceramic coating done?
Cermachrome ceramic coating.

You NEED the SSK and GR

May as well get them all ordered up

Bob-
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Gonna do the cermachrome. No cash for the SSK yet. Need to wait a month or two. I have only had the car about 6 weeks and I have already done KW coilovers, RS LWF, Wheels and now exhaust. Need to slow down or I wil have it all done and nothing left to do!

Quick Reply: Decisions decisions....Fister 2 or 3's?