Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Venture Shield ClearBra Installed, pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:37 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the weekend spidey, what else is there to do?
This product feels like its significantly thinner than the OE Porsche stone guards.
As long as the paint is cured I think the removal process is safe. That said, I have heard horror stories and have been warned before.

Thanks for the constructive input gents.

This product gives me great stress relief.

On Friday I got on the highway behind my 997 bud and sure enough there were 2 dump trucks spewing rocks 1/4 mi ahead. I cut my drive short and got off, I felt bad for my friend who still had another 15 minutes or so of "naked" driving before he got to his exit. Oh the horror
Old 03-24-2012, 04:26 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
It's the weekend spidey, what else is there to do?
This product feels like its significantly thinner than the OE Porsche stone guards.
As long as the paint is cured I think the removal process is safe. That said, I have heard horror stories and have been warned before.

Thanks for the constructive input gents.

This product gives me great stress relief.

On Friday I got on the highway behind my 997 bud and sure enough there were 2 dump trucks spewing rocks 1/4 mi ahead. I cut my drive short and got off, I felt bad for my friend who still had another 15 minutes or so of "naked" driving before he got to his exit. Oh the horror

Being the 997 driver EMB is referring to, I made it home with no noticable chips. But I like being "naked" in a good way.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

lol! I was behind you and I was freaking out! MJS is just trying to play it cool guys, don't be fooled.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:05 PM
levtron
Racer

I did the same.. and have almost the same seam.. mine is more to this side.. Did you cover the cowling? I did not.. wish I did.. I have a small chip smack in the middle on the leading edge...
Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

The cowl was the only surface on the front we did not do. And it's one of the only surfaces that shows some nicks too from the PO. We were not sure how well the bra would have taken on it and looked invisible. I told him to skip it. But like you, I question myself. We could always do it later.

It's a relief to know I'm not the only guy w "the seam"
Old 03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

The cowl was the only surface on the front we did not do. And it's one of the only surfaces that shows some nicks too from the PO. We were not sure how well the bra would have taken on it and looked invisible. I told him to skip it. But like you, I question myself. We could always do it later.

It's a relief to know I'm not the only guy w "the seam"

Glad you are feeling better. Are you back tomorrow am? There is a "Gathering" at HighMarques sponsored by the NNJR PCA at 9:00a.

Safe flight home.

Mark
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Argh, would have loved to join in.
No weekend is complete without having to work the entire thing here at UAL. Return home Monday at 6am :-/

Get some good photos and email me mark.

Can we start mid week events for retirees, junior blue collar workers and the unemployed?!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks damn good Kevin! One day i will not bastardize a Porsche into a track car and actually have something with nice paint that is worthy of a clear bra!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Mirrors too? I would like to see a close up of that, seems like a tough thing to do with the curves.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Looks damn good Kevin! One day i will not bastardize a Porsche into a track car and actually have something with nice paint that is worthy of a clear bra!
thanks Jon! cant wait to see your ride once your done with it and back on the move again!

Originally Posted by Kika
Mirrors too? I would like to see a close up of that, seems like a tough thing to do with the curves.
Yes he was able to cover the mirror 'body' as well. came out good, already taking its share of bug smashings. will get a close up shot when i get home and post back

Last edited by EMBPilot; 03-25-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

My local guy did my C4 with VS as well. He did the full hood, full fenders & full bumper. All edges are wrapped, even the fenders & bumper. He also did the entire front end with 0 seems or cuts.

He charges $2200, for the full front end, & a partial is $900ish.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Stealth,
what a job!! WOW!
i have no-seam envy below your front lights!
drooling
Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Stealth,
what a job!! WOW!
i have no-seam envy below your front lights!
drooling
Thanks, I was super happy with the install!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
unclespeed
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After getting both fenders, hood and (new) front spoiler, I am getting my front end clearbra put on next week (w/3M using a reputable local installer in Cincy.

Question: Am doing whole hood and upper portion only of bumper, as well as headlights, but am unsure re. doing whole fenders or just part. Initial thought was to do partial fender due to an addit. $5-600 for whole fenders....

I don't wan't lines (Color=Midnight Blue) and am now thinking I just need to fork it out...

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

there are only a few big names in the PPF business. Venture Shield was bought by 3M for their more desirable film, and lack of 'orange peel' look. its really something you need to see in person from inches away to come to a personal conclusion.

i took some flack from local 997 friends about the lines/seams under the headlights, im open to hear your guy's opinion on that.
Installers like Venture Shiled too...Thay say it's easier to work woth and more forgiving; along with being a superior product.
No affiliation.

Also, be careful with paste wax around any unwrapped or film edges; and whatever you do, dont chase dried paste wax with a finger nail if your soft bristled tooth brush is not firm enough to remove the dried was.

Quick Reply: Venture Shield ClearBra Installed, pictures