993 Forum 1995-1998

Venture Shield ClearBra Installed, pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Venture Shield ClearBra Installed, pictures

I tried to get as many pix as i could without over doing it... if you guys want more or a specific area please let me know.

The car was repainted a few years back, the paint is fantastic. On my last BMW i had venture shield installed on the full front end, and after 17,000 miles of highway driving, i was very pleased with the function of the clear bra.

I was on the fence about doing the 993. But one thing i enjoyed about having it on the 328 was the peace of mind that came over me when driving the car and washing it, i never had a worry. I figured simply for my own sanity, i would make the investment. I used the same guy that i used previously, clearbranj.com , in long branch nj.

They had the car over night, about 24 hours total. The film is venture shield (again), I think its even more clear and invisible than the film i had put on my old car almost 2 years ago. All the panels have full coverage on them. I am really pleased with how well the hood, bumper, and fenders came out. The hood still looks like a mirror and the fenders look fantastic, esp as it nears the cabin. Not photographed but wrapped; was the entire front bumper, the lower valences, the full rocker panels the length of the car (they even wrap under the car), and all front and rear wheel well areas that are painted (the lip area that bends into the well).

Several body pieces were removed so the installer was able to wrap as many edges as possible. In fact, all the edges are wrapped on entire job. The exception is two locations, around and in front of the headlights.

as it stands now, i can live with the protection positives outweighing the negatives of the 2 lines under the headlights. My installer has been fantastic about support and encouraged me to return to them if the lines bugged me and have them re-wrap the panel. I'm not sure it bothers me that much. Overall, im happy, and feel like i can enjoy the car more, without totally stressing out while on the road.

onto the photos, if anyone needs additional just ask.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Nice work.......

Cost?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

$950
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

When you state that all of the panels have coverage - do you mean the entire car, or just the front?

If entire car, $950 seems incomprehensible.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Sorry, wasn't clear on that.
Full panel coverage off all the frontal body panels, fenders, hood, front end, mirrors ect
Old 03-24-2012, 10:17 AM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
I tried to get as many pix as i could without over doing it... if you guys want more or a specific area please let me know.

The car was repainted a few years back, the paint is fantastic. On my last BMW i had venture shield installed on the full front end, and after 17,000 miles of highway driving, i was very pleased with the function of the clear bra.

I was on the fence about doing the 993. But one thing i enjoyed about having it on the 328 was the peace of mind that came over me when driving the car and washing it, i never had a worry. I figured simply for my own sanity, i would make the investment. I used the same guy that i used previously, clearbranj.com , in long branch nj.

They had the car over night, about 24 hours total. The film is venture shield (again), I think its even more clear and invisible than the film i had put on my old car almost 2 years ago. All the panels have full coverage on them. I am really pleased with how well the hood, bumper, and fenders came out. The hood still looks like a mirror and the fenders look fantastic, esp as it nears the cabin. Not photographed but wrapped; was the entire front bumper, the lower valences, the full rocker panels the length of the car (they even wrap under the car), and all front and rear wheel well areas that are painted (the lip area that bends into the well).

Several body pieces were removed so the installer was able to wrap as many edges as possible. In fact, all the edges are wrapped on entire job. The exception is two locations, around and in front of the headlights.

as it stands now, i can live with the protection positives outweighing the negatives of the 2 lines under the headlights. My installer has been fantastic about support and encouraged me to return to them if the lines bugged me and have them re-wrap the panel. I'm not sure it bothers me that much. Overall, im happy, and feel like i can enjoy the car more, without totally stressing out while on the road.

onto the photos, if anyone needs additional just ask.

Very nice. Is this a high quality product?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:25 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Then $950 is a great price.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
Very nice. Is this a high quality product?
there are only a few big names in the PPF business. Venture Shield was bought by 3M for their more desirable film, and lack of 'orange peel' look. its really something you need to see in person from inches away to come to a personal conclusion.

i took some flack from local 997 friends about the lines/seams under the headlights, im open to hear your guy's opinion on that.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

i took some flack from local 997 friends about the lines/seams under the headlights, im open to hear your guy's opinion on that.
Curious about this as well. Don't know much about the clear shield but seems that could be avoided.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Your installer did a fantastic job and a superb price! IMO, this PPF gives the paint even more luster. I also have Ventureshield on my 993. Love this stuff. It's very clear and smooth (no orange peel) compared to the older version several years ago on my 335. I just checked and saw that I have that same seam you're talking about under my headlights but less noticeable. I guess it's the only way around those oval headlights. I was very impressed with my installer as well. All edges including headlight surroundings are underneath/hidden. One area I didn't like too much was the mirrors. He only covered the leading end of the mirror (so about half), not the entire mirror. How about yours? Thanks,
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

P-Daddy,
thank you, that actually makes me feel a lot better. My aversion to giving him the car back to try a different technique on the fenders was i did not want to take the chance for the fender to not come out as great as they are now. he assured me they would though, but its my own paranoia.

My understanding is that due to the slight concave nature just below the headlights, in conjunction with wrapping around the fenders it is very tricky to do that with one sheet and not cause fingering at the edges. He said he would do it if i asked, and seeing his abilities im confident he could pull it off, but i think i can live with it.

funny you say it adds additional luster, because i didnt find that on my darker BMW, but i found that on this car it almost adds a small amount of luster or reflectivity. as an aside, ive found Plexus has been a fantastic product to clean, condition, and protect the clear bra.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

E,
I think you've made the right choice by just keeping the way it is now. I wouldn't risk such a flawless install just to correct the seam. 99% of people/admirers won't even notice it. Only nuts like us see such minuscule seam line. I haven't tried Plexus. I polish and wax the PPF just like the rest of the paint. May have to give Plexus a try.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
there are only a few big names in the PPF business. Venture Shield was bought by 3M for their more desirable film, and lack of 'orange peel' look. its really something you need to see in person from inches away to come to a personal conclusion.

I would not have the work re-done. Looks like a fantastic install. Did you have any rock chips & such to correct before the install?

Andreas
Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

there were three very minor ones that got touch up paint, little smaller than a pin head. and one of which i missed that now has clear bra over it, doh!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Spidey 993

I wouldn't have it redone. If you have to have a seam, its the right place for it.

What about removal? Is it hard to remove? Does it remove paint?....

BTW, looks stunning. I really want something like this done to my car. The guy I asked about it, freaked me out a bit discussing removal.
Told me the 8mil thicker stuff is extremely hard to remove, could take hours.

What is the thickness?

I'm Mr. Chatterbox today.

Quick Reply: Venture Shield ClearBra Installed, pictures