Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: RS Carpet Kit + Sound Deadening
Install it, it looks too raw and sounds like a rattling tin can from the inside.
52.94%
Dont install it, keep the weight down, its a track animal!
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should I install RS carpet kit and sound deadening or leave it bare?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 AM
vanguard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: Should I install RS carpet kit and sound deadening or leave it bare?

It looks like its time for me to sell the 993 and get it ready for the spring sport cars market (basically almost all yr round in CA ). The car currently has all its sound deadening, carpet, and all interior pieces stripped (very spartan). In its place is a roll cage and two Sparco Evo seats. I had purchased RS perlon carpet kit from AppBiz along with B-Quiet Ultimate sound deadening and was thinking of getting it installed this weekend.

However, now I'm thinking maybe I should leave that decision for the future owner to make. What do you think will the potential buyer value/appreciate more? I think the car will cater to a larger audience if the carpet was installed. Once installed, the interior will look very similar to Thatcher's RS build. RL, please provide me with some feedback.

I will post the car for sale shortly. I hate to see her go but my neck/back injury seriously isn't any getting better (the car has been sitting for the majority of the time since July of last yr and now the docs say I may have to undergo surgery).
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Keep it as is and offer the carpet with the car as a package. Then you will address a bigger audience.

Jack
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like the car is already in a niche market with the roll cage and Sparco seats. I'd go without the carpet and leave it to the potential purchaser as long as it's clean inside (no adhesive and such).
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I wouldn't assume the new owner will only track the car .. I think you will widen your potential buyer's market by installing it and making the interior look 'streetable'.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM
vanguard
Instructor

Everyone makes very valid points. The interior is down to the bare metal, all the sticky residual removed. I may risk losing the niche market of track enthusiasts, but I have feeling a lot of people dont want to see a bare interior car. The RS perlon is a nice upgrade and hopefully both ends would appreciate it. Besides, it’s still reversal if someone wants to yank out the RS carpet.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You say "roll cage". Do you mean full cage, welded in rollbar, or bolt in roll bar? If full cage (which is what I'd assume from the statement "roll cage"), this is a track car, don't bother installing the carpet.

However, can you lay the carpet in there or attach with double sided tape for some pics (so as to not scare off the potential buyers who want a streetable machine). Then just state the pics are with temporary carpet install, final decision up to buyer. Then you have best of both worlds....but a little more effort on your part.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
vanguard
Instructor

Its a full roll cage welded in. I was thinking of putting velcro detachment points in the front but glue down the rear pieces.

Originally the car had exposed doors, meaning no doorcards. I decided to add RS doorcards and it looks a MM time better (same can be said once I install the carpet).
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've been down this road... cage... installed RS carpet kit (a lot of work to do it right)... then PCA changed the stock class rules, and I ripped it all back out. I say leave it out. Save yourself the aggravation. Won't affect the price or audience that much in my opinion (especially if you include the carpet set with the sale). I love working on my car, but there is nothing that I loathe more than doing work on the car just in preparation to sell it.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're already selling to a tiny slice of the market -- people who want a 993 with a full cage. Within that market, it's really not going to make any difference whether it's carpeted or not. So save yourself the hassle and sell it without.

Quick Reply: Poll: Should I install RS carpet kit and sound deadening or leave it bare?