Euro trumpet horn part #

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Euro trumpet horn part #

anybody got it handy?

I've glazed thru previous posts, but have not seen it. Gert's site doesn't list it anymore, and I have yet to hear back from him regarding availabliity.

Anyway, number please....just another damn while your in there thing ya know.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Mag,

I checked my file on this conversion - sorry, no gots. Kit came from Gert. I've never seen them offerred anywehere else and you'll need the kit and brackets anyway.

You've seen this, right?

http://p-car.com/diy/horn/
Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Hey Mag,

You can also email Ryan at Suncoast Porsche. He may know what you need and be able to provide the parts. He has been helpful to me with the odds and ends I buy.

rbutor@sunsetautogroup.com
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Gert no longer carries these. As someone who had to use my horn the other day to narrowly escape disaster, I'd like to get some too!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
bruce7
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...SA_KATALOG.pdf

Check page 390. Is that it?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mike cap
Mag,

I checked my file on this conversion - sorry, no gots. Kit came from Gert. I've never seen them offerred anywehere else and you'll need the kit and brackets anyway.

You've seen this, right?

http://p-car.com/diy/horn/
Hey Mag,

You can also email Ryan at Suncoast Porsche. He may know what you need and be able to provide the parts. He has been helpful to me with the odds and ends I buy.

rbutor@sunsetautogroup.com
yea Mike, been there saw that. Gert no longer shows them on his site. If I had the numbers, maybe I could follow up...maybe a junk yard...er, Dismantler part set now. It's all your fault anyway Mike, your "Buick" horn reference shamed me into this mod.

Doing Battenkill this year?

No reason not to be outside riding, considering the lack of winter we have had. My cross bike is at Syr. Bike now getting a complete new drivetrain-chain, cass, and crank rings...lots of winter road miles in sand, stone dust, and salt really destroyed everything.

You going to Burdick tomorrow to see the 991?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

Listed here I think;

http://www.type911shop.co.uk/shop/ca...aram=cid%3D%26
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Mag,

Looks like Bruce found the trumpet horns in the Pet. I bet that they and the mounting brackets could be special ordered. Maybe from Germany. Get the part numbers to Suncoast and see?

Battenkill isn't for me. I prefer smooth roads, races forty miles and less and over in two hours. I have friends from CNY that do it and are pretty good. Been riding some outside, but the CycleOps 300 PT trainer is pretty effective indoors, especially with power and training zones mapped out. But DULL!!! I was over to Syr Bike this week and had a quick fit check on the bike. They are doing a lot of nice work in their store.

When I ordered the Cayenne S last month the saleman mentioned a new 911 rollout coming up. Never heard another word about it. Odd, since we had just ordered two Cayenne's (my partner as well). Then, on Thursday I got a round-about call from the P Club to borrow my car for the rollout display today. Duh? Wheels are off, wax is on and I don't think it's going to be driven to Syr and back with the salty roads.

I wonder about Burdick.....
Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Mag,

Looks like Bruce found the trumpet horns in the Pet. I bet that they and the mounting brackets could be special ordered. Maybe from Germany. Get the part numbers to Suncoast and see?

Battenkill isn't for me. I prefer smooth roads, races forty miles and less and over in two hours. I have friends from CNY that do it and are pretty good. Been riding some outside, but the CycleOps 300 PT trainer is pretty effective indoors, especially with power and training zones mapped out. But DULL!!! I was over to Syr Bike this week and had a quick fit check on the bike. They are doing a lot of nice work in their store.

When I ordered the Cayenne S last month the saleman mentioned a new 911 rollout coming up. Never heard another word about it. Odd, since we had just ordered two Cayenne's (my partner as well). Then, on Thursday I got a round-about call from the P Club to borrow my car for the rollout display today. Duh? Wheels are off, wax is on and I don't think it's going to be driven to Syr and back with the salty roads.

I wonder about Burdick.....
Hey Mike, did the trumpet horn "kit" come with anything besides the two horns, bracket, and hardware? Does the new bracket simply bolt to the same location as the old horn bracket?

Chris at Burdick says the two horns are in stock at the warehouse's, but the bracket is in Germany...so it'll take some time. Almost $150 total for everything...sound reasonable?

The 991 was on display at the new car show in Syracuse previously-didn't bother going there to see it. I had intended on stopping over today, but my replacement part(wrong bumper beading) didn't come in yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Mag,

$150.00 sounds fine. If I recall it was (as you said) just the bracket and horns. I think the horn bracket mounts to a separate location. Take a look at the P-Car DIY and it shows everything in detail.

I think I 'dolled up' the wiring a bit with better connectors and that sort of thing. I recall it being very straight forward install, if a bit tight for space - like all things with the 993's.

You'll love the horns - you can sneak up on those dumb-*** road cyclists and scare the hell out of 'em !! You'll think you're at Lemans. I'm going to the garage now and will blow the horns in honor of you. Talk soon.

Cap
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

OK, Gert ended up locating one for me today and is sending it out. Comes to €150 shipped, which is just a hair under $200. Sounds like you're getting the better deal Mag. I guess I should have read your post before I contacted Gert!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
OK, Gert ended up locating one for me today and is sending it out. Comes to €150 shipped, which is just a hair under $200. Sounds like you're getting the better deal Mag. I guess I should have read your post before I contacted Gert!
He must have located more than one, as he emailed me that he had sourced some.

He also has the correct bumper beading in stock...he thinks it's juts a N. America issue.

Quick Reply: Euro trumpet horn part #