993 Forum 1995-1998

T-Lock keyless entry by Tore=awesome/easy DIY

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Tore,

I just sent you the funds via Paypal !!!
I am looking forward not having to mess with my key to get in my car.

Thanks !!!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whoops, i forgot to post Tore's T-Lock link in my installation post (post #15 page 1)

http://privat.bluezone.no/toreb2000/t-productsEN.html

Last edited by EMBPilot; 04-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
I anchored the T-Lock Control module to the floor by cleaning both surfaces with alcohol, then attaching industrial (EZ-pass) type velcro to both sides of the T-Lock unit like feet.
Another product that is Velco-like is 3M Dual Lock. It is made for outdoor use and can handle high temperatures. Available from marine supply stores.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I just ordered one to be sent to Aus - thanks Tore.
Looking forward to installing this.
I'm tired of using the key.
Cheers.
Ken
Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tore, I visited your site and see you have the Scantool cable that hooks to the OBD port. I've been on rennlist a while now and was not aware there was software available to us so this is great to find out.

I downloaded the software but not sure which file to open for the install. Did a search on scantools and mainly came up with threads on the Durametric stuff.

For other rl'ers, here's the link on the scantool thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-scantool.html
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 245 Posts

Hi Roger, thanks for the feedback.
There's not much to install, place all files on your disk and run the exe file. Remember to copy the scantool.ini file to your Windows directory. All details are given in the pdf installation manual included in the zip file.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the order Ken, shipping details by email is on the way!
Cheers,
Tore
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToreB
There's not much to install, place all files on your disk and run the exe file. Remember to copy the scantool.ini file to your Windows directory. All details are given in the pdf installation manual included in the zip file.
Cheers,
Tore
Hi Tore, thanks. Not seeing an exe file and it looks like I need to cable before I can proceed anyway? Also have another question but I'll send you a pm for that one. Cheers, Roger
Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

There's not much to install, place all files on your disk and run the exe file. Remember to copy the scan-tool.ini file to your Windows directory. All details are given in the pdf installation manual included in the zip file.
Cheers,
Tore
Hi Tore,

I am interested in your OBD scan-tool.
Will it work with an early 1995 Porsche that has the OBD2 rectangular plug and OBD1 diagnostic software?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Roger, the exe file is in the zip file. I gues you have turned off seeing the file extensions in your Windows Explorer. It's the file called Scantool.exe and it's about 280KB size.
You don't need my adapter for running the software, but you'll need a working serial port. If not, Scantool will prompt an error message.

Ted, The T-OBD supports your car, it's the same model as mine. I test all T-OBD adapters in my car before selling them.

Cheers,
Tore
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
kalex993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another happy customer here. Thanks Tore. You are welcome to post the pics I sent you. It might help someone install it easier.
Sorry, don't know how to add pix.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

Got around to installing the Tlock system this afternoon, love it !!!!

Thanks

Renaud
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 AM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Many thanks Tore. I just found some time out of a very busy schedule over the last 6 months to do something on the car. The install was pretty dam simple and it works - exactly what I wanted - keyless entry.

I would rank this in the top ten upgrades - along with HID, Wong Chip, suspension, engine mounts, etc. About a 10 minute install. Simple connections. No mess or fuss.

Thanks again ...

Ken
Old 05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Elonash
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

By the way, cars with Porsche Immobilizer need the original remote transmitter to work. Using it will of course open the doors, but also send a signal to the engine control allowing you to start the engine. The car will not start without it.
Installing an aftermarket keyless entry in addition to this will enable you to remotely open the doors, but the engine won't start unless you use the Porsche key fob.
Cheers,
Tore
Hello Tore,

Sorry if my question seems not so clever after this explanation but I didn't get the point of your system when associated to oem immobilizer ?
If one's still need to press the oem remote and use the key where is there some keyless feature ?

Rgds,
Old 05-13-2012, 04:53 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Thank you Ken, I'm happy to see you finally received the goods and that you are satisfied with my goods and services.

Elonash, the Porsche Immobilizer system in the 993 are all equipped with remote controls, and as far as I know, all 993's are equipped with electrically operated door locks. Using the immobilizer remote will lock and unlock the doors.
Installing T-Lock or a other third-party remote system in an immobilizer car will therefore not be a good idea.
If you have lost or damaged the original immobilizer Porsche remotes you will have to get a spare and register it in the immobilizer system to be able to start your engine. You could also consider reprogramming or "chip" the engine management system and jump a relay to disable the immobilizer function.
Cheers,
Tore

Last edited by ToreB; 05-14-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Quick Reply: T-Lock keyless entry by Tore=awesome/easy DIY