Sponsored by:

Had my worst Auto-X run ever yesterday, & got it on video

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I've autocross this M2 Miata in CSP for the past 9 seasons. 3 seasons in a supercharged MR2 before that. I also run my 993 at Porsche autocrosses 4-5 times a year on street tires. Last year my GF was autocrossing the 993 on street tires and will do so this year as well.

As far as power and everything else - a CSP Miata is a really neutral and eager little autocross appliance. As I've mentioned, I run against an ASP (now SSP) GT3-RS in my class at BMW events and manage to hang with him on raw time when we are both on fresh rubber. It' just that he changes Hoosiers about twice as often as I do, which makes it a bit...mmm... difficult. Anyway, going between Hoosier-shed CSP Miata and street tire 993 is a revelation in many ways. Takes me a few runs to actually get the 993 going where I intend to. It does everything well except brake and turn

In short - you'll be driving a 993 in Boston
Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
I've autocross this M2 Miata in CSP for the past 9 seasons. 3 seasons in a supercharged MR2 before that. I also run my 993 at Porsche autocrosses 4-5 times a year on street tires. Last year my GF was autocrossing the 993 on street tires and will do so this year as well.

As far as power and everything else - a CSP Miata is a really neutral and eager little autocross appliance. As I've mentioned, I run against an ASP (now SSP) GT3-RS in my class at BMW events and manage to hang with him on raw time when we are both on fresh rubber. It' just that he changes Hoosiers about twice as often as I do, which makes it a bit...mmm... difficult. Anyway, going between Hoosier-shed CSP Miata and street tire 993 is a revelation in many ways. Takes me a few runs to actually get the 993 going where I intend to. It does everything well except brake and turn

In short - you'll be driving a 993 in Boston
Yea, I hear ya on the Miata. While you don't go so fast you don't have to brake or show down as much s the Porsches.

Most of the reason I run stock classes, is I got sick & tired of "he with the most money wins" that the higher classes seem to bring out.

It has taken me a few seasons to learn the 993. My last Atuo-X car that replaced my Miata (1995 R-type) was a BMW M3, that had a lot of power, was light, & lots of fun! 2750lbs (with me in it) & a little over 300hp.

Quick Reply: Had my worst Auto-X run ever yesterday, & got it on video