Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Turbo S for sale in this months Panorama

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

No sport seats and didn't ask about the wheels , the car is beautiful but you have to be a fan of wine red color, JP I just e mail you the pictures, I'm out in the field and can't post them here, maybe you can do it btw I think $80-$85 it's a good deal and JP was the one that send me the link to this car back in december ..
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Can I have a link to last month's discussion. I must have missed it. Thanks.
No, it was just a bunch of private emails between me and Mr. 993 addict over there ... 'pot calls kettle black, film at 11!'

Originally Posted by Opo
JP , let me look for his e mail, cause he sent me tons of pictures, btw I don't remember where we saw it , but I do remember the price and it was high 90's and I agree with cordoBrit, it has high miles for the price.
It was PCA Classifieds. The seller sent you the additional pictures. I think the price was $90K and for the mileage, not out of line for an S.

Originally Posted by Opo
Ok, found the e mail, the car has 67,596 miles he's the 4th owner and he's asking $90k
Actually, no. The price was $90K when he emailed you but the car has/had 79,600 miles on it as of the posting of the ad. If you recall, the seller emailed you and said he had a major service done at 67,596 ... here's the sellers quote:
Hi Rudy,
Just some background and some answers to your questions:
1. The Turbo S had a major service at 67,596 miles. There was no clutch replacement and not required at that time.
2. I think I am the 4th owner. I have the Turbo S's service records since 2006.
3. The title is free and clear.
4. Regarding the color, the specifications says:
- Exterior: Color H8H8 Arena Red Metallic
- Interior: Color 99 Leather interior to sample $2390.00
- Carbon Leather Steering Wheel $1577.00
- Supple Leather Front and Rear $398.00

All I can say on the interior leather is that it is a pleasant wine color. I have seen the red on the Brabus Mercedes Benz and it is way too bright. The Turbo S interior is very pleasing and yet, lets you know when you slip into the driver's seat, that this is a very special car (Not your standard white or silver Porsche with black interior.).

All the best,
Carson

With a clean PPI, I'd say that's about a $35K premium over a standard 993 Turbo with similiar mileage. Not out of line. I bet the magic number is very close to $85 for a win-win deal.

Does it have Sport Seats? Where are the OEM wheels?
No sport seats, it has that 'Supple Leather' option on the seats and they never wear well, but all things considered, at this mileage the interior looks very nice. And all that carbon fiber doesn't hurt either .. I don't recall him ever saying where the original wheels went ...
Anyway, here's some of the additional pictures he sent, you can see the mileage at 73,400 in the 6th picture down, so he's drivin' it .. just sayin' ..:

Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Cool

JP did you just call me an ADDICT?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Opo
JP did you just call me an ADDICT?
Well .... look at your Avatar!!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Based on picture #4 from JP's post #17 above, the current owner must be very vertically challenged. That driver's seat is really snugged up against the steering wheel.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I don't post very much here, but I have seen this car in person only a couple of weeks ago parked at the very back of SF Sportscar . I talked to one of the guys that works there, (the younger one, forget his name). From my memory, he stated that it was a daily driver for quite some time. It was semi-implied that it was SF Sportscar's owner's car, but I cannot confirm this.

I find the color combo pretty odd (not my taste, but not ugly), but it looked like a daily driver in person. It looked like a daily driver with typical wear. Just passing the info along.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Based on picture #4 from JP's post #17 above, the current owner must be very vertically challenged. That driver's seat is really snugged up against the steering wheel.
.. now, be nice ....
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Those wheels aren't doing it any favors. Neither is the color combo which seems to be a very personal choice.

A high mileage Turbo S is not going to appeal to many potential owners and anyone willing to pay $90-100K for one with 80K miles is certainly going to look very hard at lower mileage example with a slightly higher price tag. The collectibility on this example expired a long time ago.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
.. now, be nice ....
OK, the current owner's a farking midget. There, I said it.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Or driven by a little old lady to her bridge club meetings......
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Those wheels aren't doing it any favors. Neither is the color combo which seems to be a very personal choice.

A high mileage Turbo S is not going to appeal to many potential owners and anyone willing to pay $90-100K for one with 80K miles is certainly going to look very hard at lower mileage example with a slightly higher price tag. The collectibility on this example expired a long time ago.
I don't agree. I think it will sell for low-mid $80's and with the low production numbers the Turbo S cars will always hold value and command a premium. In 20 years .. mileage won't be an issue and value? Forgetaboutit.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrance Seto
From my memory, he stated that it was a daily driver for quite some time. I find the color combo pretty odd (not my taste, but not ugly), but it looked like a daily driver in person. It looked like a daily driver with typical wear
well, this DD has win written all over it! I wonder if he parked it outside?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
well, this DD has win written all over it! I wonder if he parked it outside?
It appears to have a nice dry spot right next to that silver Ferrari in the garage there ...
Old 02-13-2012, 08:28 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

The extensive floor protection in that 'dry spot' is a little worrying.

Quick Reply: 97 Turbo S for sale in this months Panorama