Sponsored by:

97 Turbo S for sale in this months Panorama

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:42 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCPorscheCollector
My buddy in LA snagged a 1997 993 TTS black/black with 44,000 miles off Craigslist in the Seattle area a few months ago for $72,000 thought it was the steal of the decade. Car is worth $125,000 all day long.....
That's an amazing deal.

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
I think the answer to "why hasn't it sold" has been covered in this thread already. It's a "collector" car but with 79K miles on it... no longer appealing as a collector car (at least until time catches up to the miles).

Also it has an interior color of, shall we say, limited appeal. I bet this car would have been snapped up already if it had a black interior.

The question becomes more one of "Where does the value of the Turbo S as a collector car drop off the cliff in terms of mileage?" Clearly before 79K miles, as you point out. Now, is a 44K mile car worth $125K? Dunno.
Clearly some with lower miles have sold well north of that figure.
You are onto something. There has been a complete black leather interior listed in the ads section of Pano for over a year. Asking $5K.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
I think the answer to "why hasn't it sold" has been covered in this thread already. It's a "collector" car but with 79K miles on it... no longer appealing as a collector car (at least until time catches up to the miles).

Also it has an interior color of, shall we say, limited appeal. I bet this car would have been snapped up already if it had a black interior.

The question becomes more one of "Where does the value of the Turbo S as a collector car drop off the cliff in terms of mileage?" Clearly before 79K miles, as you point out. Now, is a 44K mile car worth $125K? Dunno.
Clearly some with lower miles have sold well north of that figure.
And another question would be 'when does the value of a Turbo S start climbing back up no matter how many miles are on it because it's so rare?' I know a few folks trying to restore older Porsches today that take an amazing amount of money and time to research and reproduce the factory materials, colors and options to get the car exactly the way it was when it rolled out of Zueffenhausen because that's where the value is .. and the colors are what very wealthy people of the time ordered with their fancy tastes and deep pockets .. That's the point to this car for me .. it's an extremely expensive example of the most expensive Porsche model offered at the time and that's where it's value is. I think if somebody wants an Arena Red Turbo with brake ducts and black interior .. there's a lot more affordable options with less miles on them out there .. the brake ducts are still on the shelf at Porsche for $500 a side ...
Old 03-03-2012, 02:12 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think the Turbo S is 'special' enough (ignoring production numbers) to see much of a premium unless its both low mileage and the right color combo. Its really the museum pieces that are going to command the crazy prices and that would be true too for the C2S and TT.

Quick Reply: 97 Turbo S for sale in this months Panorama