Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you been to truspeed and know this c4s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012 | 09:03 PM
cmd4
Pro

Default Any of you been to truspeed and know this c4s?

Well after talking to terry about a c4s they sold awhile ago,he told me about this one and the price reduction.At first i wasn't interested.....a little to blingy for me,but i think i could work a deal swapping wheels and getting rid of the tail....plus the 996 sports seats and carbon's a nice touch.thoughts and opinions welcome,and pm's too http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/car...s.php?cid=2072
Old 02-03-2012 | 09:11 PM
wolfturbo
Instructor

Take the car to Hergisheimer, have them look at it.
With all the nice one/two honest owner private party cars for sale why bother with a dealer.
Old 02-03-2012 | 09:14 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

That black C4S with TX history and turbo S fender vent looks very familiar. I think it was being sold on RL a couple of years ago but taken off the market due to some major engine problems. Significant amount of metal in the oil. I'm sure this is the same car so tread carefully.

Found the thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/510139-my-c4s-for-sale-now-price-lowered-to-39k.html
Old 02-03-2012 | 09:23 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Specific thread detailing the engine problem and diagnosis. Looks like the seller got it fixed, but its all pertinent info and hopefully they have the repair documentation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=70244
Old 02-03-2012 | 09:26 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
That black C4S with TX history and turbo S fender vent looks very familiar. I think it was being sold on RL a couple of years ago but taken off the market due to some major engine problems. Significant amount of metal in the oil. I'm sure this is the same car so tread carefully.

Found the thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510139
ding, ding, ding I talked to Dick at Truspeed about that car back in early May of 2010. He sent me pics of it, before it was even fully photographed for loading to their site.

The S vents, and quad tips, and other bits are pretty exclusive. This car had a HUGE thread about it somewhere here. Major engine problems, lots of talk, initial diagnosis...then nothing.

When I forwarded the link to the threads to Dick...the conversation stopped. Don't know if they sold the car then, and just bought it back again now.

Did I miss the asking price? I remember it being in the low $40's back in 2010.

Due diligence my friend, due diligence
Old 02-03-2012 | 09:59 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Kcreager1 had it listed for $39K before some bearing crapped out. Might be worth trying to contact the guy, although he last visited RL on 12/1/11, to see how the story ended.
Old 02-04-2012 | 09:04 AM
Z-nomore
Instructor

I second Hergesheimer for PPI, and I had a good experience with TruSpeed. Don't know anything about that particular car.
Old 02-04-2012 | 09:16 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

wow.... CorrdoBrit, someone owes you a bottle of wine... how is life in Irving/Dallas? hope you are well...
Old 02-04-2012 | 11:09 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Sooo ... if the engine was rebuilt correctly and they have documentation of that .. and the PPI shows no problems ... what's the problem?
Old 02-04-2012 | 11:19 AM
cmd4
Pro

Dealer suppose to be contacting me today with all the paperwork with the motor work and so forth.soooo i we'll see
Old 02-04-2012 | 11:25 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cmd4
Dealer suppose to be contacting me today with all the paperwork with the motor work and so forth.soooo i we'll see
Well, even though Truespeed has scoffed at PPI's done in 'certain shops' in the past, I'd insist on Callas Motorsport ... they are purportedly the best 993 PPI shop in the country .. alledgedly .... probably why Truespeed doesn't like them much
Old 02-04-2012 | 11:40 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
Sooo ... if the engine was rebuilt correctly and they have documentation of that .. and the PPI shows no problems ... what's the problem?
No problem at all so long as all the documentation is available and the rebuild was done by a reputable shop. Seems the car has done about 15K miles since the RL'er had it on the market.
Old 02-04-2012 | 11:53 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
+1
Old 02-04-2012 | 12:07 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
Well, even though Truespeed has scoffed at PPI's done in 'certain shops' in the past, I'd insist on Callas Motorsport ... they are purportedly the best 993 PPI shop in the country .. alledgedly .... probably why Truespeed doesn't like them much
Callas Rennsport.

They don't 'like' them because Tony and his crew at Callas are over the top critical when looking at a car, any car. They miss very little, if anything at all. You should see the PPI (POST Purchase inspection.... I know, I know....) we got on our last 993 the C4S after we already bought it. They were so critical, right down to how many stitches were torn on one of the seats , to pointing out a tiny nick in the windscreen and a scratch you could barely see. Lucky for us, the car was mechanically... as Tony put it... "the best he'd seen" so the multitude of listed little things didn't mean much to us. To some folks, they might, especially if it were their first in depth PPI. The PPI took all day, not a few hours like a lot of other shops. Also Callas is in the south bay and Truspeed is in OC and that is a long haul for a PPI.......
Old 02-04-2012 | 01:36 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

I have seen the car. Looks very nice with very $$$ mods.....
I don't like the wheels too much. Other than the wheels, the car is a very nice S car with a very recent top end rebuild.
I like the turbo S looks and if I was in the market for an S, I would seriously consider this car at this price.

Full disclosure - I am the IT consultant for Truspeed. I am at Truspeed at least 3 times a month.
I bought my 993 from Truspeed at top dollar and could not be any happier with it. I was not working for them when I bought it. I did not get a PPI, and had zero issues.

Quick Reply: Any of you been to truspeed and know this c4s?