993 Forum 1995-1998

My C4S for sale - now price lowered to $39K

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Kcreager1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My C4S for sale - now price lowered to $39K

As add says. Here is a link to the autotrader add. I have bought another car and sadly must sell.

First person to drive it will buy it - just hard to get cheeks in the seats for a test drive.

Here is the description as posted in Autotrader, also many pictures there. I will upload some to this thread soon.

Thanks

This is a truely unique car. The PO put many upgrades that you will not find in 1 car, (over$80K in receipts) - most of which are upgrade or appearance items. Never seen one nicer. Only 1100 C4S's shipped to the US from 1996-1998 (last air cooled 911's). You will not find a better looking, better maintained, better driving example. Upgrades: full leather (turbo -S) interior, euro front bumper and turbo rear spoiler, M030 suspension, clear side markers,turbo spoiler, turbo -s front ducts, litronic headlights, ,full carbon fiber interior (dash, doors, steering wheel, shifter, brake) , leather speaker covers., leather threshold and Turbo -s leather console,,Custom raised rear leather deck(turbo s stiching, 3 spoke cf sw,cf shifter and ebrake,18' polished turbo wheels (Pirelli's - 295 rears),CF strut brace,Shlid liner,aluminum pedal set gas pull, decklid pull, and ODB cover,LFW clutch,leather wrapped aluminum faced (factory) gauges,V-1 radar detector hardwired+stealth display). Factory motorsound, tech art mufflers, trubo -s twin pipes each side Turbo-S rear ducts (you will not find on any other C4S!) This was impecably added - my paint is better than 98% of cars you will find. The front bumpers/spoiler/hood of car are covered with a 3-M clear bra to preserve the paint. The car has had all service including a recent (within 5 k miles) top end rebuild ($7800), new steering rack, and has always been perfectly maintained. The Previous owner replace the windshield 2 times, suspension 2 times, and visors 3 - he was a perfectionist. The 3 spoke CF steering wheel, shifter, and ebrake are top of the line and give a great feel to the car. The kenwood mask radio hides iteself when not in use and comes with amp, cd changer and upgraded speakers. The 996 sport seats were purchased new and have used less than 2000 miles. Pictures speak for themselves - I will email service spreadsheet upon request - 210-240-5464 or 210-626-7741. better pics available

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, a pretty ominous sign of the times that you're having trouble getting a bite, even at that great price.

Someone will see what a great deal this is and swoop down and grab it. Right?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Wow, a pretty ominous sign of the times that you're having trouble getting a bite, even at that great price.

Someone will see what a great deal this is and swoop down and grab it. Right?
+1, VERY strange times. Dealers in this area would probably price that car in the high 50's (CDN, of course). And at that it would probably sell pretty quick.

Just a suggestion, have you got a set of hollow spokes to put on? The newer-gen. wheels might put some off. Funny how little details can make a big difference.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
techsis
Pro

Great looking vehicle! The wheels are not to my taste, but if I did not already have two other 993s I would be giving you a call.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I did not get a reply to my PM. Maybe this works better: Do you still have the GT3 seats?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Kerry,

Does the car have any paintwork done to it?

How about a recent PPI?

What's the life on the brakes and tires?

Thanks.

-Bobby
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Sorry - been away from computer.

Here are some pics

[/IMG]

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=0eef7986.jpg

Yes - it has had paint work - it shipped with the turbo front and turbo spoiler, but the S ducts were added at great expense. The paintwork was done by Stuarts in Dallas - top notch is a poor way to describe the shop and the work. This was done at 30K by first owner.

No recent PPI - I am taking to Jones Autowerks here in SA today for a look over. The topend is about 6 k miles ago, also steering rack, alternator clutch, door check strap, brakes and rotors within 3 k miles. Clutch at 48k or so.

Price is more indicative of my buying another car than anything else. I think it is low, but it is to sell quick. San Antonio is not a bastion of wealth and it is not the easiest place to sell a car like this. I have had offers from wholesalers at $36K sight unseen, no ppi, truck to my door, but I paid 38.5 and would like my money back.

Thanks for the kind words. It is a unique car in many ways - this is good and bad. People who want original (or think they do) will not look at my car. Me - I am the last person who would have put carbon fiber in a car or would have bought a car with paintwork, but when I saw the car - that was it - it is incredible. Like I say, first person to see it will buy it.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

fwiw: when I was looking to buy, I looked for something that was a one (or two) owner and all stock. I tended to shy away from anything that was heavily modded, particularly with visual mods.

I think what could be happening is that non-stock and heavily modded (esp in cosmetic mods) might be more suited towards first time younger buyers. And those buyers are usually not as financially secure and more dependent on credit, etc..

The car is great and I'm sure you'll find a buyer. But mods like that are subjective and so it narrows the audience sometimes. And in this market people can be a lot more picky.

Just be patient!

Good luck.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So was the paintwork limited to the turbo spoilers, just the air ducts, or something else?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 PM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by Kcreager1
The paintwork was done by Stuarts in Dallas - top notch is a poor way to describe the shop and the work. This was done at 30K by first owner.
+1 Stuarts does a great job and they are very professional
Old 07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon56
fwiw: when I was looking to buy, I looked for something that was a one (or two) owner and all stock. I tended to shy away from anything that was heavily modded, particularly with visual mods.

I think what could be happening is that non-stock and heavily modded (esp in cosmetic mods) might be more suited towards first time younger buyers. And those buyers are usually not as financially secure and more dependent on credit, etc..

The car is great and I'm sure you'll find a buyer. But mods like that are subjective and so it narrows the audience sometimes. And in this market people can be a lot more picky.

Just be patient!

Good luck.

+1

This car is awesome! but the chrome wheels and S ducts are holding it back from a quick sale.
Most prefer unmolested examples, however this car is tastefully done and done right.
Once a rear fender is cut and repainted it loses original paint and factory appeal.

Quick Reply: My C4S for sale - now price lowered to $39K