993 Forum 1995-1998

993 TRG Sway Bars For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Default 993 TRG Sway Bars For Sale

These bars are coming off the car in about 30 days; I thought I'd find a home for them. They are 25mm front and 22mm rear, drop links not included. I have been using Tarrett Engineering drop links and I can't part with them. They will go on my new suspension

I paid about $700 for them including tax: http://store.trgparts.com/sway-bars-c507.aspx

They are yours for $299, buyer pays freight. Pay pal accepted.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:53 PM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the bushings come with the bars? I am interested.

Paul
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM Sent
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by camlob
Do the bushings come with the bars? I am interested.

Paul
Everything but drop links.....
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Smile PM Sent....

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
PM Sent
PM Received...e mail sent back to you....
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

great deal!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's a great price...its not as if sway bars wear out!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:24 AM
1978formosa
Track Day

If they are not sold I'll take them
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Great sway bars. I've had mine for about seven years and have never had an issue.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:51 AM
camlob
Pro

I think I should be first in-line since I posted first and gave him a PM. I just came back and was informed I was third in-line. Oh well....I think we should put some rules here. Like whoever posts in the thread first is first in-line.

This happened to me once before when the seller said that he thought I wasnt serious since shipping was going to cost a lot. So he gave it to someone else. But I told him I had first crack on whether to refuse it or accept it.

Being a former stockbroker, I am used to a guys word. When we say done, the deal is done! When a deal is given on a subject basis, it means its not a done deal and the buyer or the seller has the responsibility of getting back to the client to relate the pricing.

But if its given on a firm basis, the buyer or seller is committed to the execution at the price stated.

So if I was first in-line, there should be a valid reason why I suddenly was put to 3rd in-line.

Last edited by camlob; 02-03-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

This issue has been raised before. My working assumption for these WTS posts has been that unless your response is "I will take it, no questions asked" then that is not a hit on his ask. Not sure what your PM contained, but if it asked questions, or made your acceptance conditional (i.e. "I'll take it if...") then I've always viewed that you don't have a deal yet. Your post "I am interested" is not a hit on the ask in my opinion. Being the first to post does not give you a call option...if you want a firm deal then you should send the funds via PayPal immediately and deal with shipping later.

IMHO this is different than an exchange where the prices you put up are firm bids and asks...to me for sale posts are like classifieds so seller always has some discretion. I also think that sellers in U.S. generally shy away from shipping overseas...too many hassles with tracking and delivery confirmation, as well as insurance and customs. It's not fair but I understand.

Just my $0.02...

I think I should be first in-line since I posted first and gave him a PM. I just came back and was informed I was third in-line. Oh well....I think we should put some rules here. Like whoever posts in the thread first is first in-line.

This happened to me once before when the seller said that he thought I wasnt serious since shipping was going to cost a lot. So he gave it to someone else. But I told him I had first crack on whether to refuse it or accept it.

Being a former stockbroker, I am used to a guys word. When we say done, the deal is done! When a deal is given on a subject basis, it means its not a done deal and the buyer or the seller has the responsibility of getting back to the client to relate the pricing.

But if its given on a firm basis, the buyer or seller is committed to the execution at the price stated.

So if I was first in-line, there should be a valid reason why I suddenly was put to 3rd in-line.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 AM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by David in LA
This issue has been raised before. My working assumption for these WTS posts has been that unless your response is "I will take it, no questions asked" then that is not a hit on his ask. Not sure what your PM contained, but if it asked questions, or made your acceptance conditional (i.e. "I'll take it if...") then I've always viewed that you don't have a deal yet. Your post "I am interested" is not a hit on the ask in my opinion. Being the first to post does not give you a call option...if you want a firm deal then you should send the funds via PayPal immediately and deal with shipping later.

IMHO this is different than an exchange where the prices you put up are firm bids and asks...to me for sale posts are like classifieds so seller always has some discretion. I also think that sellers in U.S. generally shy away from shipping overseas...too many hassles with tracking and delivery confirmation, as well as insurance and customs. It's not fair but I understand.

Just my $0.02...
David,

My PM was clarifying on whether the bushings were included and his last price. I left then got back to see the recent developments. If I knew the bushings were included and he had given me the last price then I would then do a done deal. I would have sent the funds via paypal.

He posted on that the bushings were included. But when I found out and read the thread, I found out I was 3rd in line! So my reasoning is, I was just waiting for his confirmation that there were bushings and what his last price was. I think it should be fair that he should have waited for my response before entertaining other offers.

I have bought items from other people, and this is one of the times that things went awry.

I dont want to create a big commotion. If Martin decides to sell it to someone else its ok. Our community is small so I hope we can keep honor as one of our guiding principles. Its just sway bars. Not worth wrecking friendships or whatever.

So Ill keep cool on it and lets see what happens.

Edit: I was just informed that he also posted on the member to member section. So there was another person who committed ahead. So there, a little misunderstanding. Thanks Martin for the email. But if the guy flakes, I am in-line

Paul

Last edited by camlob; 02-03-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 AM
pcarrera993
Racer

I like using "PM Sent" to lock myself in the FIFO stack. From my experience that works fine and puts you first in line. In the PM itself you can ask what ever question you want.

Sorry you lost your spot. I personally would have honored your interest.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

My experience selling things here on RL is that the first public response is not usually the first PM. When buying, I rarely post on the public thread, just PM. I suspect that's what's happening here.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Rennlist selling protocol

I have established an initial list..it is based on the date of the first response. The Buyer told me he would take them 40 minutes after I posted on Member to Member, no questions asked. If the first Buyer should flake for whatever reason, I will contact the second. This seems like a fair and logical protocol to follow.

In addition if the first responder/Buyer is struck by lightening or incurs some other calamity and they can't follow through with the purchase, then I am off to #2 in line. Maybe #1 will flake? If so I'll post up with a list....won't go to the trouble to do this quite yet.

Thanks to all for the interest. Just as Mark in Baltimore mentioned, I too have been using these bars for years. They get they job done.

And BTW, the first responder has already Pay Pal'd me the $. Now that is the way I like to do business.

Quick Reply: 993 TRG Sway Bars For Sale