Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks, Edward. Hope all is well.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am surprised the deadhead has not chimed in.
He sure made a big deal when I tried to help an other rennlister (who had purchased a replica TT tail from him and then refused to give a refund on the 993 TT forum) by offering an OEM tt tail to the fellow rennlister for the same price he paid the deadhead for the fake one.
Give him time, he will have something else to sell soon.
Al Z
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Z
I am surprised the deadhead has not chimed in.He sure made a big deal when I tried to help an other rennlister (who had purchased a replica TT tail from him and then refused to give a refund on the 993 TT forum) by offering an OEM tt tail to the fellow rennlister for the same price he paid the deadhead for the fake one.
Al Z
Same thought, here too. And I also followed the turbo tail debacle last year.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

He sure made a big deal when I tried to help an other rennlister (who had purchased a replica TT tail from him and then refused to give a refund on the 993 TT forum) by offering an OEM tt tail to the fellow rennlister for the same price he paid the deadhead for the fake one.
Al Z
Al,

Was it this thread?

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...rear-wing.html

Or was it this thread?

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...condition.html
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Me neither. He cannot defend the indefensible.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mark I think you learned lots from Ruby . You are on Deadhead like a dog on a bone .

Cheers Guy
Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... I knew the gist of the deadhead saga but had no idea it was this in-depth. Mark you are on it! Thanks for the links
Old 01-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by briefescape
Hey Mark I think you learned lots from Ruby . You are on Deadhead like a dog on a bone .

Cheers Guy
Thanks, Guy.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 AM
windydog
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why not just ban him like they do on other fourms. I like the fact you call it like you see it.

They usually come back with another name, but they are not hard to spot.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryano
Wow... I knew the gist of the deadhead saga but had no idea it was this in-depth. Mark you are on it! Thanks for the links
Thanks, Ryan. Just doing my part to keep Rennlist honest and safe.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the PNW and last year purchased my 993 from DH. It was a great experience and I would not hesitate to buy anything else from him. He was open and honest with respect to his ownership of the car, the condition, the potential issues one could expect with any 993's, recommended mods and where to purchase them. He even helped me ship the car enclosed at a rate that saved me hundreds of dollars. When I received the car it EXCEEDED my expectations.

I did my research on DH before pulling the trigger and my conclusion was that all the bashing was done by people who never bought anything from this RLer and therefore was based on pure speculation and not first hand knowledge. In fact the deeper I searched the more apparent it became to me that anyone who actually conducted business with him (cars, parts or mods), came away with a positive opinion. I also found it disturbing that a very, very small group of haters continue to post threads about DH, based on other sites and then complain that he should be banned on this site. I wasn't aware that was how it worked. The only people who should be banned are those that continue to flame and harass members like DH. Lastly I commend DH for not responding to these flaming threads; kudos to him.

It is not a crime to love Porsches and enjoy the process of finding clean ones and selling them to another enthusiast. He was up front with me and I have no doubt he is with anyone who deals directly with him.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

No one has a problem with the cars he sells. In fact his inventory is probably better vetted and better presented than most mainstream dealers.

The problem most have is that he's not upfront and open, purporting to be an enthusiast, just selling his 'personal' cars, when its clear from his record here and on other sites such as Pelican and PCA that he's a flipper, pure and simple. There are rules on this site against such business practices for obvious reasons, and a requirement that he become a sponsor to continue to sell cars as a 'dealer'.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
yaakov
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
The problem most have is that he's not upfront and open, purporting to be an enthusiast, just selling his 'personal' cars, when its clear from his record here and on other sites such as Pelican and PCA that he's a flipper, pure and simple. There are rules on this site against such business practices for obvious reasons, and a requirement that he become a sponsor to continue to sell cars as a 'dealer'.
I'm a long time SC owner and purchased my 993 a couple of years ago from this seller too. I'm not interested in posting much but have learned how to use the search feature pretty well. I concur with the guy from the northwest. Great experience with this guy as he pointed out things that were very helpful. I was on the fence with an inspection and he practically refused to sell me the car without having one. Haven't spoken to him since the purchase but have followed the bashing from what seems to be the same few guys over the past year.

Corrdobrit, I think your statement is inaccurate on all accounts. The seller has stated how many cars he has sold so to me he is not hiding behind anything. Also, check the Rennlist charter regarding amount of for sales listings are allowed. No way is this guy posting so many items. But last and not least, is the disgusting behavior by member MarkinBaltimore. Don't know what's wrong with him but in my opinion he's an embarrassment to this forum; he's a moderator wannabe and I'm quite surprised he has not been banned. To me his constant flaming of this guy far exceeds anything else and should be challenged by other members.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

*****. As others have said, repeatedly, there's nothing wrong with flipping Porsches to make extra money. Just be up front about it and represent yourself as what you are ... a car dealer. Numerous other businesses do that on this forum ... and they support the forum via a sponsorship for the revenue they generate. There's a difference between bouncing restlessly in and out of personal cars, and seeking out low mileage examples at low prices and then flipping them for profit.

The problem folks have here is back when DH was posting cars on here, he represented them as his personal cars ... they weren't. There's a comfort level buying a car from a Rennlister. DH may be a good guy and an honest dealer, but he's a dealer, plain and simple. I want to know if I'm buying a car that's been pampered by its owner for a period of time, or if I'm buying it from someone who just bought it off eBay or Craig's List or AutoTrader and is turning a quick profit and doesn't really know the car at all. I make my decisions accordingly.

It's such a simple thing ... "Yes, I make a little extra money by finding nice examples of the cars I love, cleaning them up a little, and then finding them new homes." But every time he's pressed on it, he won't own up to it. That's what makes people crazy. He's sold, what, a dozen cars recently? And he's not a dealer?

There are other questions as well ... is he properly licensed as a dealer in NJ? Is curbstoning (selling without a dealer's license) illegal there? Is he properly processing the titles as a dealer, paying sales tax, conducting safety inspections, carrying liability insurance as a dealer? No one knows.

But here's a perfect example of what some people object to ... he changed his screenname over on the Pelican Parts forum to from "Deadhead1960" to "nrets617" a while back (when people were asking questions here). Here's a car he posted recently. This is the description:

"1995 Porsche 911 (993) C4 Coupe w/6 speed; grey (color name is aventurine) exterior with classic grey interior; 43,xxx miles, garage queen; one owner since new; 100% stock; metallic paint; silver brake calipers exclusive to the C4's. Heated/power/lumbar seat pkg; 10 speaker upgrade; no paint/accidents; interior=10; exterior=9.5; newer PZeros and perfect factory Cup 2 17" wheels with C4 crests; mechanically perfect; no oil leaks; no rust including all window seals; all records including major services; manuals, original window sticker; OBDI and no immobilizer. Very rare opportunity. MSRP was over $72,000 in late 1994. Never driven in winter however would make excellent year round car due to the AWD system and rare heated seats. Please email for additional pictures and include contact information. Stored for the winter but easily accessed. PM me for additional pictures, information. $42,993. Only low mileage, one owner C4 coupe in the US. NJ based. "

Now, if you read that ad, would you think it was posted by a dealer or by the original owner of the car? Because I don't think that DH bought that car new back in 1995, so wouldn't that make it a TWO owner car if DH is not, in fact, a car dealer? He's never posted about it or mentioned it. If he is the original owner, I'll apologize for bringing it up. Or, if he's selling it FOR the original owner, that should be disclosed, as well. That's why people jump all over Richard Sloan when his name pops up, because he consigns cars. But at least Richard makes no bones about the fact that he's a dealer doing this for profit.

Here's the link:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...age-queen.html

He's also accused me of "shilling" my own 993 cab because it's linked in my sig when I've posted on threads with people asking questions about 993s -- the same questions I've answered here for years, even back before Rennlist existed and this was the 911 email list. He knows exactly what he's doing and he disappears when these threads pop up, only to resurface later. Someone should rename the title of this thread so he can come here and tell his side of things.

Oh, and please excuse the "shill" sig at the bottom of this post.

Quick Reply: Low mile 993 for sale on PCA website