Sponsored by:

Sloan Cars - the topic re-explored

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Yep. Children learn quickly that adults have good memory and even better spanking tools.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Did you check out his other posts? TROLL for sure, can't believe he has not been banned.

in 2009 at the age of 15 he owned this fleet of supercars: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...3-rs-help.html

Then at the ripe old age of 17 he "purchased" his first car, but he didn't know how to drive a stick? https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...questions.html
Solid gold. Through and through.

Andreas
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Yep. Children learn quickly that adults have good memory and even better spanking tools.
******* hilarious
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

What happened to the other Sloan thread with the guy from Switzerland waiting for 6 months to get his tittle? Yesterday it was up, today poof... gone?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The original poster of that thread posted the following at 6:08 AM today:

Attention Moderator
please delete my previous post. i have managed to speak to richard sloan and the issue has been clarified.

So the thread was deleted as requested by the OP.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
The original poster of that thread posted the following at 6:08 AM today:

Attention Moderator
please delete my previous post. i have managed to speak to richard sloan and the issue has been clarified.

So the thread was deleted as requested by the OP.
Well it took long enough.

The e-mail notification that I received to that thread had another buyer have issues.

If there is one thing I hate about forums, its the general attitude towards members posting the negative. Well if all one can post is the positive of a vendor, sponsor, product...or whatever...then these forums are of very little use to anyone.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
ja78911sc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
If there is one thing I hate about forums, its the general attitude towards members posting the negative. Well if all one can post is the positive of a vendor, sponsor, product...or whatever...then these forums are of very little use to anyone.
It was amazing how many people were critical of Sloan without having direct knowledge. That is why there "should be" a general attitude towards negative posts and ironically the thread was removed by the original poster.

The reputation of a business can be destroyed by one angry poster--who may or may not be telling the truth.

If they are telling the truth, then justice is served and we are all informed consumers. The problem is how do we determine if the infomation is true without having first hand information.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Spidey 993

^^^ Sounds like the OP got exactly what he needed from Sloan.

OP takes his gripe to the largest Porsche online forum in the world.
Sloan gets notified that he is being blasted by a disgruntled customer who needs resolution ASAP
Sloan fixes the issue dependent on OP removing his post
OP asks to remove post
Everyone happy

That is some CSI ****z!

Sounds like it all worked out.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ja78911sc
If they are telling the truth, then justice is served and we are all informed consumers. The problem is how do we determine if the information is true without having first hand information.
Then the other party should come on here or any forum with a rebuttal.

There are far too many people jumping on the band wagon to buy a product based on false information about an issue...for example those billet valve covers. If customers want the "look"...fine, that is their right...but don't feed people the BS that it will solve leaking valve cover issues when all that was needed are new valve cover seals.

And there are plenty of other examples just like that one.

Consumers also have a tough time admitting they got taken.

BTW, the fact that I have received countless PMs or e-mails regarding product topics, is proof that many are not at ease in posting what they think in fear of being possibly flamed. Talk about freedom of speech.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spidey 993
Sounds like it all worked out.
The question remains, why should one have to go to the extent the OP did to get action?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

People are always more apt to post negative experiences than positive ones. If the PPI didn't mention hood struts being weak, I doubt anyone really thought about it, but I'd be more apt to be irritated at the mechanic than Richard Sloan if it mattered to me. Was Richard told about it? Did he provide new struts or compensate the buyer for them if requested?

I wouldn't think twice about getting a 911 and finding it needed hood struts, they go out all the time. It's a really minor thing to quibble about. Alex apparently has an axe to grind with Mr. Sloan, and that's just fine, but, seriously ... with people buying 993s and discovering things like SAI issues with check engine lights removed or codes reset and facing a top end rebuild they didn't budget for, or undisclosed accident damage ... is a hood strut that costs $14.25 really a reason to brand someone an amateur or a dishonest person? I bought a 95 Carrera 4 a few years ago that arrived with the driveshaft broken to the front wheels. That was a dishonest seller.

I'm not a bad guy, but the 993 cab I have for sale happens to need front hood struts. They weren't working when I bought the car in 2006 and I have held the hood up with my head when I needed to. Interestingly, the rear lid strut has always worked. There you go ... full disclosure.

BTW, I had a longtime Porsche owner look at the car last weekend, I told him when we opened the front lid that the struts didn't work and he just laughed and said, "Heck, those things never work."
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vjd3
People are always more apt to post negative experiences than positive ones.
Actually the opposite.

Most people will not post anything negative or comment how they really feel for various reasons.

Originally Posted by vjd3
Alex apparently has an axe to grind with Mr. Sloan.
Why would I. I didn't get burned by a purchase there. I only had to help fix the issue. No skin off my back.

But as I already mentioned in a previous post, when you come across as having the finest and best, then you should live up to that reputation. And if there are many who bow at the ankles to this or any vendor, then all those who have had an experience otherwise, should have a right to voice their opinion. If not, then maybe those should move to Iran.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
luvH2O
Track Day

Then the other party should come on here or any forum with a rebuttal.

There are far too many people jumping on the band wagon to buy a product based on false information about an issue...for example those billet valve covers. If customers want the "look"...fine, that is their right...but don't feed people the BS that it will solve leaking valve cover issues when all that was needed are new valve cover seals.

And there are plenty of other examples just like that one.

Consumers also have a tough time admitting they got taken.

BTW, the fact that I have received countless PMs or e-mails regarding product topics, is proof that many are not at ease in posting what they think in fear of being possibly flamed. Talk about freedom of speech.
wow
quite arrogant, aren't we

as was just posted, you do seem to have an axe to grind with Sloan
I've read the various threads and you are like a dog with a bone on this thing

just an observation

however, please continue to save us from ourselves, oh great one
I kid. Really
Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luvH2O
I've read the various threads and you are like a dog with a bone on this thing.
Just as others are like a dog on a bone with praise for products and services.

You've just proven my point on negative posts and how taboo they are.

Thank you!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
luvH2O
Track Day

Just as others are like a dog on a bone with praise for products and services.

You've just proven my point on negative posts and how taboo they are.

Thank you!
and dilusional too
interesting

I've run across people like you before and know enough to not get into it
waste of something you appear to have plenty of, time
I do not

you may have the last word
have a great day

Quick Reply: Sloan Cars - the topic re-explored