Sponsored by:

Happy with Rennline dead pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
One thing to do when installing the Rennline deadpedal.... Leave enough space under the bottom edge to put the carpet UNDER the bottom of the dead pedal (0.5-0.75" from floor or factory carpet if you leave 2 layers of carpet in there). The OP's post looks like the carpet runs up over the bottom of the dead pedal.

No offense intended to OP's install, because... I did NOT originally leave that space under the pedal. And it drove me nuts until I finally pulled out the drill and moved the pedal position up just a tad. Then the carpet fits nicely under there for a very clean look.
Good tip & eye. Mine is under.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:06 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 741 Likes on 540 Posts

Thanks for all the photos...........Can't wait to replace the other OEM pedals with Rennline black.....

I was motivated by all comments to deviate from my 3 later carpet scenario.........removed OEM floor carpet today and aftermarket high pile cashmere carpet
........COCO mat alone works fine............
Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Black perf, IMO I prefered them to the rubber, especially the "street" gas pedal vs. the adjustable.

Brake pedal cover mounted as far right as possible for easier heel and toe and more clearance on the clutch pedal for a size 12 boot. Also 2 turns down on the brake link (1 turn up on switch), much better than the stock setup.

(old picture, there is a Lloyd mat on top of the regular mat now, plan to install the solid Rennline floormat sometime.)
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

How difficult are the clutch, brake, accelerator pedal to install? Do you have to drill as with the dead pedal?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
How difficult are the clutch, brake, accelerator pedal to install? Do you have to drill as with the dead pedal?
For the brake and clutch pedals, you need a very sharp drill bit and you need to be very careful that the holes are level. Because the stock pedals are made of such strong steel, it's easy to have the drill bit walk as you try to start the hole. Can't speak about the gas pedal since I have the coveted Wings pedal that slips onto the stock plastic pedal.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:20 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks for the info

Appreciate the honest feedback on installation of other pedals.....heard that it could be a challenge relative to type of drill bit, etc....
Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Black perf, IMO I prefered them to the rubber, especially the "street" gas pedal vs. the adjustable.

Brake pedal cover mounted as far right as possible for easier heel and toe and more clearance on the clutch pedal for a size 12 boot. Also 2 turns down on the brake link (1 turn up on switch), much better than the stock setup.

(old picture, there is a Lloyd mat on top of the regular mat now, plan to install the solid Rennline floormat sometime.)

Great looking setup. Is the "street" non adjustable gas pedal good enough for heel and toeing?

Also, is the black aluminum pedal black painted aluminum or black anodized aluminum. The latter would be much better as it would hold up better over time. Think gravel under shoes wearing the color off if it's painted. TIA.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
In all honesty, as mentioned above, it's relatively difficult. (I have done this stuff my entire life) As drilling a simple hole goes, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'll put this installation at 8.

For those without a fair amount of experience with a drill bit under all conditions it can be a challenge due to the location of the pedals and slope of the surface. If you're not really good at these things, grab a friend who is.

No big deal. Use a new bit for a pilot hole and have at it.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Viggo
Great looking setup. Is the "street" non adjustable gas pedal good enough for heel and toeing?

Also, is the black aluminum pedal black painted aluminum or black anodized aluminum. The latter would be much better as it would hold up better over time. Think gravel under shoes wearing the color off if it's painted. TIA.
The street pedal is perfect for my big feet, after I adjusted the gas pedal all the way up (then readjust under the car to where you get WOT right as you hit the pedal stop). With the brake pedal lowered and offset to the right it makes it much better than stock. The gas pedal was too low and far away for me in the stock setup. On my test drive, when I was looking at the car, I tried to heel and toe and the rubber brake pedal cover popped off and I damn near went in a ditch. Pedals became one of the first upgrades.

They seem to be anodized and the finish is rock hard. After a couple of years they still look like new.

I will also add that when I got mine they had sent silver hardware instead of black, I called the company and they apologized and instantly sent out the black hardware (along with some extras and stickers). Great customer service, Very Happy customer.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok thanks for all the great replies. Now for my next questions. Which color preference for a Cashmere interior. Silver or Black? And for those who have black how is the finish holding up?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

I went with black with cashmere because it contrasts better with the rest of my interior, i.e. black dash, other present pedals, cocomat color, etc. and the car is not a track car, so I went with the beauty factor....
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thinking was along the same lines as well but I am unsure of the durability of the finish. Also there was a part of me that was thinking "since I paid for the pedals it might be nice to at least notice that they are there".....
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Ylonewolf
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my set-up

Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^Very nice, Wolf!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Ylonewolf