Sponsored by:

Happy with Rennline dead pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 741 Likes on 540 Posts
Default Happy with Rennline dead pedal

After 16 years with my 993.........added a Rennline dead pedal on top of cashmere carpeted/vinyl padded dead pedal area..........

Very happy that they make it in black aluminum color with rubber grips.........

Other pedals will go in the near future to all Rennline black once they are shot.........

3 screws to drill and that's it.......no issues with the holes.....
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. I'm planning on adding the set in the near future but was thinking of going with the perforated set. What's your thought on how visible the underlying carpet/vinyl would be behind the perforation holes?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

With the perforated you would probably see the carpet color unless it was black on black or silver on silver......depending on pedal color choice......

The Rennline dead pedal definitely gives the interior a cleaner look versus matted/hard to keep clean vinyl dead pedal carpet area, etc......
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I have the perforated dead pedal, and I don't think the color of the carpet behind it matters at all since it's so dark behind the pedal unless, of course, you install a light inside of the dead pedal.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

A black or strobe light inside the pedal might create an awesome effect....
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilodawg
Good to know. I'm planning on adding the set in the near future but was thinking of going with the perforated set. What's your thought on how visible the underlying carpet/vinyl would be behind the perforation holes?
Get the ones with the little rubber grommets. The grommets can be removed/replaced... so you can have the best of both worlds... try it perforated or with grommets and see which you like best.
I have had mine for about 3 years and am still very happy with both look and feel.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One thing to do when installing the Rennline deadpedal.... Leave enough space under the bottom edge to put the carpet UNDER the bottom of the dead pedal (0.5-0.75" from floor or factory carpet if you leave 2 layers of carpet in there). The OP's post looks like the carpet runs up over the bottom of the dead pedal.

No offense intended to OP's install, because... I did NOT originally leave that space under the pedal. And it drove me nuts until I finally pulled out the drill and moved the pedal position up just a tad. Then the carpet fits nicely under there for a very clean look.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea Keith!

PNog, if you take the grommets out, does it look like something should be there and is missing or is the look similar to the perforated set.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Good EYE to KJR.......no offense taken at all......

My OEM carpet goes under dead pedal as installed, but I have another "high pile" carpet for added protection of the OEM mats, which are still pristine, under the Coco Mat, accounting for higher total mat height relative to the bottom of the dead pedal.........

After I got the Coco Mats I just dropped them in on top of carpet mat I had in the car and have left them there.......will take them out after winter season........
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put mine in the other day too. It really bothered me the way the stock footrest angled inwards. Not much of a footrest at all. Easy install even though I managed to "screw" up slightly. Still, three easy holes and a nicely fited peice.

I got the same one...black with rubber warts. I beleive that if you take them out *(easy) that the remaining peice is the perferated one they offer.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at the rennline website again, it looks to me like the two versions are different, since the "preforated" version is raised around the holes for grip, but the rubber bumps are on flat metal. I could be wrong, but I remember staring at this before and coming to the same conclusion.

abiazis,
I removed the factory carpet and just go directly with the Lloyd's mat that is in there, so I don't have the piles (pun-ny, eh?) of carpet under foot. Size 11.5 shoes already have me kicking the underside of the dash, so any space I can make helps.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keith, you are probably correct. I just assumed they were the same but did not look that closely. Either way, great peice.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

perforated - rubber soles - driving/track shoes, running / tennis shoes.

rubber - dress shoes, leather soles, smooth.....
Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The pedals do not look "unfinished" w/o the grommets (in my opinion). The biggest difference is the ones with the grommets are made from a thick aluminum plate . The perforated ones are made from a much thinner aluminum and have slightly raised holes (almost like little volcanos). I originally ordered the perforated ones by accident and didn't like the fact that they were so thin. The Rennline guys were great about accepting the return and swapping out for the thicker grommet ones. So I've seen them both first hand... If you are looking for "lightweight" then the perf ones are the way to go, otherwise the grommet ones do very nicely.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like mine, too:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Happy with Rennline dead pedal