Sponsored by:

RS water bottle questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS water bottle questions

Okay so I've searched and read up but have a few questions.

I'm looking at eventually doing the headlight washer removal and converting to a full RS look front bumper but for now I'd like to install the RS washer and still keep the functionality of the washer system just because I'm **** and want to keep the functionality of all the systems until I delete them (read that OCD).

I'm assuming by comparing the parts KATALOG's for both the 964 (which includes the RS bottle) and the 993 that I can relocate the pump for the windshield washer to the RS bottle, plug the port in the old tank and reroute the power to the new pump. That would keep both pumps and tanks working correct?

Next question, I've heard that all you need is to order the tank, the cap and the bracket (if it's still available). However, what about the tube that runs from the tank to the washer hookup. It appears from the parts KATALOG that it's longer than the original tube so I'm assuming you order that too.

Next, How is that tube routed? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Finally, it's also a bit unclear as to how the power is rerouted. In one post it seemed like new wiring was required in another it just seemed to be a reroute. Any insight to that would be appreciated as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Contact Gert at Carnewal for the complete kit. Not sure how the wiring is performed, but I suspect it's pretty straight forward once you receive the kit.

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ralph. Im interested in how you might do this as I see i s a worthwhile upgrade, reducing weight while still keeping functionality. I looked into this mod myself briefly. It makes sense what you say but Im not sure how you would hook it all up (and where to locate the additional electric pump for the headlight washers). The wiring is an interesting one too....

Cheers
Old 12-09-2011, 08:45 AM
kilodawg
Racer

Hi Macca,

You may have misunderstood me a bit. I'm thinking of setting up an interim system until I delete the headlight washers. So I would be keeping the large tank in the fender along with the pump for the headlight washers and just add the RS bottle to the trunk and relocate the pump for the windshield washers.

Interestingly, and perhaps others can weigh in here, but in looking over the Parts catalog for the 964 it appears that the 964 (or a version of it) had a similar configuration with two tanks. In looking at the routing diagram there are T fittings in the plumbing near the windshield washer outlets that provide for water coming from both tanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 964 dual tank setup indeed exists....however the 'RS' tank in this instance is being used for the optional intensiv windshield wash function, activated with a separate button.

If you're planning on removing the headlight washers anyway I'd remove the large tank, disconnect headlight spray, relocate the window wash pump and wiring to the RS item, juggle around with window nozzle attachments left and right....done!

The RS tank indeed has no provision for thye second headlight wash pump....and for a reason....because they're totally uncool ;-)
Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget the bracket also, which you need to attach the RS 1L tank to the chassis. Does anyone have this part number?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Viggo
Don't forget the bracket also, which you need to attach the RS 1L tank to the chassis. Does anyone have this part number?
96450126100GRV
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Got it guys thanks.

Like I said until I delete the headlight washer nozzles on the fenders I'll keep the other tank along with the RS one just so I have full capability. When the fenders get reworked the washer tank will go as well...

Quick Reply: RS water bottle questions