Sponsored by:

993 C4S search

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
sfish C4
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 C4S search

My 964 C4 factory widebody was stolen from my house and just settled my insurance check. I am finally ready to move on and am looking to buy a well documented/maintained 993 C4S. Ideal color would be ocean blue or midnight blue with tan but also interested in white/tan or red/tan. Live in SoCal but willing to travel to make the purchase. Ideally, looking for a car that has been driven and needs to be. This will be my daily driver. A surfboard will be on the roof at most times and I really never plan on selling it. Would like a well documented car preferably with the top end already rebuilt. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
inactiveuser926
AutoX

I don't know anything about this car. I just found it browsing through autotrader

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ype=b&make=POR
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
sfish C4
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had a PPI done on that car at Park Place and it came back needing a ton of work....AC didn't work, distributor caps/rotor to be replaced, alternator bad, steering rack leak, etc. Engine was good though and they offered it to me thursday night at a somewhat lower price. By thursday afternoon when I was about to call and accept the offer they called to tell it was sold to someone else. I seem to be having some bad luck with cars of late, but I won't let it stop me from finding my perfect 993.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by sfish C4
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had a PPI done on that car at Park Place and it came back needing a ton of work....AC didn't work, distributor caps/rotor to be replaced, alternator bad, steering rack leak, etc. Engine was good though and they offered it to me thursday night at a somewhat lower price. By thursday afternoon when I was about to call and accept the offer they called to tell it was sold to someone else. I seem to be having some bad luck with cars of late, but I won't let it stop me from finding my perfect 993.
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT trust Park Place. I'm surprised that they stated they found that much wrong with the car, they are not at all known for having a quality repair shop.

If your ever looking at a vehicle there again, have it taken to another Indy like Chris's German. I won't bore you with the details of my experience with them, but in a nutshell...the beauty I was looking at(C4S Metallic Balck, Chestnut, lots of alu bits, and HB seats too) was knowingly misrepresented, and their deception lasted almost to the completion of an over the phone buyers agreement.

While it's not impossible for a $hit dealership to get a great car, don't be blinded by the car. Always, always get a PPI done from a respected local indy completely unaffiliated to that dealer.

Best of luck in your search, they are great cars!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 234 Posts

Have you seen this one?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 PM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the milage and condition of the car that was stolen.Who is your insurance company and how much did they give you?My wife wrecked her 97'Cab with tiptronic last year.The car had 31k miles.Progressive paid me just under 43k for the car.I paid 30k in August of 08'.I was shocked at how generous they were.I was able to replace it for a 60k mile one that only cost me $25,750.00 from Porsche of Hilton Head.You have got to love Progressive.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Where exactly in Santa Monica do you live? I am not too far away. Did they ever find the car? I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I guess at least the 993 has the "drive block system" so that's a plus
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 PM
01coccobet
Racer

drive block system is so effective that sometime it wont let drive even the owner if he has dirty nose!!!!

ah ah ah

you'll find yours,just no rush.

it took more than a year to find mine,but after 10'years of ownership,never regretted,but our poor official porsche mechanics....been trying many of them,ended-up with an old indy
that works on AC since born

Try to find a C4S with X51 option,she will pay you back!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Porschen993
Rennlist Member

Default Park Place - C4S

Hey,
When reading this thread, I actually thought you were the guy that bought it. I had it on a test drive last Wensday and had PPI tested on friday.

The issues you mention is correct, in addition it needed brake works front, missing the belt pulley upgrade + + a bunch of other stuff. My estimate is additional $5 000.- to get it even safe to drive.
Was also some oil on cylinder 1..... hmmm

So, they called yesterday and told me the car was gone for 38K.
Well, I'm OK with that. Good luck to the new buyer.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by 01coccobet
Try to find a C4S with X51 option,she will pay you back!!!
There was no X51 for the 993.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by sfish C4
Originally Posted by Porschen993
Hey,
When reading this thread, I actually thought you were the guy that bought it. I had it on a test drive last Wensday and had PPI tested on friday.

The issues you mention is correct, in addition it needed brake works front, missing the belt pulley upgrade + + a bunch of other stuff. My estimate is additional $5 000.- to get it even safe to drive.
Was also some oil on cylinder 1..... hmmm

So, they called yesterday and told me the car was gone for 38K.
Well, I'm OK with that. Good luck to the new buyer.
I guess that "71 point service inspection at the Park Place service center" that is mentioned in the Autotrader ad...maybe should have been a 91 point inspection to catch all that stuff, huh?

If the new owner had an indy do his PPI, and he was good with the additional $$ needed to make the car right, then good for him/her. It's a beautiful car, and when brought back to health, will be a great example. More than likely, they bought the 71 point bull$hit from Park Place..and just drove the car away.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
sfish C4
Rennlist Member

I guess that Park Place car not working out was a blessing. I always get PPI's done and Chris's German Auto in Seattle did a great PPI on that Park Place car. So I guess I did everything right based on everyone's recommendations.

My 964 had 122k miles on it but was in pristine condition. I came in first place for late model 911 in the Northeast PCA concours at Larz Anderson a few years back. I was the second owner, had all records since new and spent a lot of money to go above and beyond the regular maintenance. Despite having lojack, the car was never recovered. My insurance company was Mercury and they paid out pretty well, but it took awhile negotiating.

Doublecabmel - i live 6 blocks from the beach. Not far from Otto's. Every use them?

Can't wait to find a 993. Riding my bike to work in the meantime as I prefer it over a rental.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Here's a suggestion I noticed on Pelican. It's a C2S...but it looks very well sorted, the color you desire, a west coast location and the price is right.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...997-993-a.html
Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
01coccobet
Racer

There was no X51 for the 993.
may be......

Last edited by 01coccobet; 11-11-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I have a C4S and use Otto's. Daniel his chief mechanic is great.

Good luck in your search.

Quick Reply: 993 C4S search