Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 on tow dolly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check with the dmv also. Many states have temp transport tags you can get, that will keep you legal. When I was younger I drove many, many cars between states with expired plates, plates from different cars, and no plates to get them home. I will not do that crap anymore, the stress level while driving gets to high. Back to the trailer idea, just rent an open from u-haul, leave really early am, pick car up, come back same day. Easy. You will need to tell u-haul that you are not going to get a 911, but you are going to get something else. I always use a Toyota camry, they never have a problem with allowing one of those on the trailer. If the car has been lowered, it will be a pretty tight fit on the trailer, my 964 at suv height was fine, but at rs height would not have made it.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not correct

Originally Posted by Christian J
I would definitely check with your insurance agent about the correct procedure if driving it home. I know that having only a bill of sale and a tag that doesnt match the RMV database will get your hands on the hood (trunk) here in Massachusetts.
Read your registration, in MA you can put plates from another (allegedly sold) vehicle on a new to you car for 7 days.
You need to only carry the valid registration and a dated bill of sale.
They print the instruction right on the registration. You can also get it insured in advance of "proper" plates to be safe.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The OP is from FL I believe which is why I explained about FL law. If he indeed lives in Ft Myers he is talking about a 5 hour drive minimum to reach GA and even longer to AL. That is a long time to spend on I-75 which is loaded with both local and state police this time of year with all the snowbirds soutbound.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 AM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

More the more the dolly definitely looks to have been a bad idea. I'm 80% sure I am going to rent a car trailer from u-haul.

I do live in Fl and like you said 95 NC 75 is swarming with police this time of year. If I do drive it back, I'll have to be constantly stressing and I don't think its worth it. We'll see though.

Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: 993 on tow dolly?