Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93 Speedster S #4 - disassembly begins

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:50 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm all about the Riv. Blue with black interior and painted hardback sport seats
Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Black with a biscuit interior, black belts and silver highlights

or

Blut Orange with charcoal interior, orange belts, orange calipers and orange hardbacks..... Deviated orange stitching.... YUMMO
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for all your suggestions boys, but maybe I should have mentioned that this is not a poll?

Guards Red, Arena Red and White are out for obvious reasons; as is silver and black because there are just too many cars in general in these colours. I like Rivi blue, but Marc does not do pastels so I doubt I would be able to swing him to that or Mint Green. Blue Turquoise is a possible, we like that. Speed Yellow & Conti-Orange are possibles, as is a shade of green, but we're well aware that something too loud may kill the resale value. Anyway, making the colour decision is a long way off yet as it won't get E-coated until spring due to the backlog, however don't let me spoil your fun in the meantime!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Marc W.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congratulation! Does this car gets your private one or do you want to sell it afterwards?

On my search I made the decision, that my car would be british-racing-green with cashmere leather and cashmere softtop. Like the convertible on the picture in the background...

Later on I took the shortcut and bought the silver one.

By the way, my mileage is lower right now, but until your car is ready it will be the same level.
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

There is a smacked 1996 turbo in your woods, makes me think why don't I purchase it and send it to you direct for a speedsTTer taboo ?
Maybe we should talk over the phone when you have time...
If not, maybe I can contribute by taking the seats of of you if the leather is in good condition.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 AM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Thanks for all your suggestions boys, but maybe I should have mentioned that this is not a poll?

Guards Red, Arena Red and White are out for obvious reasons; as is silver and black because there are just too many cars in general in these colours. I like Rivi blue, but Marc does not do pastels so I doubt I would be able to swing him to that or Mint Green. Blue Turquoise is a possible, we like that. Speed Yellow & Conti-Orange are possibles, as is a shade of green, but we're well aware that something too loud may kill the resale value. Anyway, making the colour decision is a long way off yet as it won't get E-coated until spring due to the backlog, however don't let me spoil your fun in the meantime!
Conti orange please with black leather/alcantare interior!
It was my Nr.1 color preference for a while, but finally decided to carrara white. Show me, that it was a bad decission
Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Marc W.
Wow, congratulation! Does this car gets your private one or do you want to sell it afterwards?

On my search I made the decision, that my car would be british-racing-green with cashmere leather and cashmere softtop. Like the convertible on the picture in the background...

Later on I took the shortcut and bought the silver one.

By the way, my mileage is lower right now, but until your car is ready it will be the same level.
Marc,
I'm with you, I really like BR, Rainforest and Amazon green cars with tan interiors the only issue is that they are notoriously difficult to sell as few other people now have the courage to like them. If it were a keeper for myself I may have gone down this route, however (as with every project we seem to start) I am sure that someone will come in and buy it off us before it is finished which is why we may have to option for a more conservative combination.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Marc W.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, that makes sense. Build a main-stream-Speedster than...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 AM
MDamen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it likely a buyer will be found before you finish and they will end up choosing the color?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by geolab
There is a smacked 1996 turbo in your woods, makes me think why don't I purchase it and send it to you direct for a speedsTTer taboo ?
Maybe we should talk over the phone when you have time...
If not, maybe I can contribute by taking the seats of of you if the leather is in good condition.

You cannot open the clamshell on a Speedster with a spoiler fitted, hence why we've already done a schematic design study to install a rear-quarter mounted chargecooler kit on a turbo installation so it can be run in a 9m93 Speedster under a stock engine lid. To do it properly and efficiently it will be quite an expensive job however it would definitely be possible, so call me when you are ready.....

The leather seats from the convertible have already been sold to fund our new hardbacks.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

You cannot open the clamshell on a Speedster with a spoiler fitted,
You can't shorten some of the clamshell armature to open short of the tail and still clear the top?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MDamen
Is it likely a buyer will be found before you finish and they will end up choosing the color?
Inevitable really.

Today's plan is to build a 9m93 Speedster S demonstrator which we can also use for engine developments and the like, even though Graham and JP have and will be more than willing to demonstrate their cars to any prospective convert. However the inevitability of building beautiful cars is that we want to keep every one that we build, but reality says that cannot afford to keep them all. Add this to the fact that every owner of a 9m car has been offered more than the sum of the build costs as soon as they got it home tells me that there is a healthy demand which we will not be able to ignore.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPP
You can't shorten some of the clamshell armature to open short of the tail and still clear the top?

Since when did Mr "No Pram Handle" man suddenly compromise his aesthetic tastes?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Since when did Mr "No Pram Handle" man suddenly compromise his aesthetic tastes?
It's an engineer/challenge thing. I am of the school that the turbo tail doesn't work well visually on an open car ... but it seems like there should be a way to make it work with the clamshell/top arc's. Isn't there a French one running around here somewhere ...
Old 11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

You cannot open the clamshell on a Speedster with a spoiler fitted, hence why we've already done a schematic design study to install a rear-quarter mounted chargecooler kit on a turbo installation so it can be run in a 9m93 Speedster under a stock engine lid. To do it properly and efficiently it will be quite an expensive job however it would definitely be possible, so call me when you are ready.....

The leather seats from the convertible have already been sold to fund our new hardbacks.
thank you for your answers. I don't have a crazy budget to relocate intercooler etc.

I came across one in Paris several times some time ago made here, very nice owner, but I did not check how the clamshell system was done. Very very neat.
Just found some pictures of it in a magazine
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: 9m93 Speedster S #4 - disassembly begins