Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

The GT2 could be Seinfeld's car. I saw another picture of him getting out of that car at Laguna.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. No
The GT2 could be Seinfeld's car. I saw another picture of him getting out of that car at Laguna.
Yup, post 88 of this thread has a couple.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Looks to be GT2 (check the rear wing's intakes). I'm wondering if that's the GT2 clone posted here before (Rohr/Porschemeister) or a real-deal GT2 or something else entirely.

Edit: After looking at some pictures of the clone ("clone" doesn't do this car justice. LOTS of GT2 Parts on that car) car referenced above, https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...hlight=993+gt2, I don't think the car Seinfeld showed up in was the same. The car above (Seinfeld accompanied in several pics) has Euro side markers, amber front corners, and fog lights instead of ducts just as a factory car would have. Begs the question(s): Is it the real-deal? If so, is it "show and display"? How long has it been here? Enquiring minds want to know!
AFAIK, that is the car he showed up in in the above pictures. The euro-sidemarkers are there, just look a little closer and you can see them lurking ... I've been looking at factory 993 RSR and GT2 pictures and the only visual difference in the tails between the two that I can see is the letters 'GT' in the upper side wings of the GT2 cars .. the RSR's are smooth. Everything else looks the same including the air inlets. So, there are no clear shots of the side wings on this black car ... anybody here see this car in person at RSR?

Last edited by JPP; 10-28-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fabulous photo's. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Edit: After looking at some pictures of the clone ("clone" doesn't do this car justice. LOTS of GT2 Parts on that car) car referenced above, https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...hlight=993+gt2, I don't think the car Seinfeld showed up in was the same. The car above (Seinfeld accompanied in several pics) has Euro side markers, amber front corners, and fog lights instead of ducts just as a factory car would have. Begs the question(s): Is it the real-deal? If so, is it "show and display"? How long has it been here? Enquiring minds want to know!
Since Jerry is clearly "master of his domain" it's probably a real one. Or, maybe it's a clone and he wants us to think it's a real GT2 - "not that there's anything wrong with that."

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Since Jerry is clearly "master of his domain" it's probably a real one. Or, maybe it's a clone and he wants us to think it's a real GT2 - "not that there's anything wrong with that."

Ha. I got a feeling it's real ... Bruce Canepa, the guy 'greeting' him in the pictures did the Federalization on his RS and 959 ...
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

JPP (Miss May)-- PM back at ya!

Begs the question(s): Is it the real-deal? If so, is it "show and display"? How long has it been here? Enquiring minds want to know!
Tim-- IIRC: Yes; no; ~6 years ^^
P.S. You were greatly missed.
Originally Posted by JPP

Only other one I saw was posted from the Quail Lodge show and I still don't know if this car is a GT2.
Originally Posted by JPP

So, there are no clear shots of the side wings on this black car?
Below is front fender, which some call a wing. Would you like rear fender & rear spoiler photo? I'm guessing that's what you're after re: Tim's question.
Let me know if anyone wants more shots or information on the GT2.

In the meantime, the two pics I posted Tuesday on the "the Quail event last weekend" thread:
Originally Posted by curve lover

Jerry's:

Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^yep, I ment the 'rear' wing/tail ... and I'm still confused after doing 'research'. I thought for awhile that the forward facing air inlets on either side were for the GT2 because of the intercooler/turbo's need for more air .. but it appears that the NA RSR and RSCS also have these inlets in their tails from the factory AND some RSCS have tails without them .... I've posted the question to Colin over on their new build thread. Historically, Porsche has just put on whatever 'tail' provided the best stability on the track and sometimes that changed during a race ... so I wouldn't be surprised that there are a few 'factory' derivatives. So, the question still remains in my mind ... is the car Jerry Seinfeld is driving in the above pictures a GT2 or an RSR?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
AFAIK, that is the car he showed up in in the above pictures. The euro-sidemarkers are there, just look a little closer and you can see them lurking ... I've been looking at factory 993 RSR and GT2 pictures and the only visual difference in the tails between the two that I can see is the letters 'GT' in the upper side wings of the GT2 cars .. the RSR's are smooth. Everything else looks the same including the air inlets. So, there are no clear shots of the side wings on this black car ... anybody here see this car in person at RSR?
Sorry JP, the car with no side markers I was referencing was the black GT2 "clone" built be RLer "Porschemeister".

As to the rear spoiler/wing, I think if you look VERY closely at GT2, RSR, and RS/CS spoilers, you'll find that the GT2 spoiler is different in having the "GT" insignia on the sides as well as a different shape to the intake portion. The RS/CS and RSR wings do have an intake, just not the same size and shape. The difference is very subtle.

Originally Posted by bbs993tt

Tim-- IIRC: Yes; no; ~6 years ^^
P.S. You were greatly missed.

Thanks for the answers, you too, and yes.

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^yep, I ment the 'rear' wing/tail ... and I'm still confused after doing 'research'. I thought for awhile that the forward facing air inlets on either side were for the GT2 because of the intercooler/turbo's need for more air .. but it appears that the NA RSR and RSCS also have these inlets in their tails from the factory AND some RSCS have tails without them .... I've posted the question to Colin over on their new build thread. Historically, Porsche has just put on whatever 'tail' provided the best stability on the track and sometimes that changed during a race ... so I wouldn't be surprised that there are a few 'factory' derivatives. So, the question still remains in my mind ... is the car Jerry Seinfeld is driving in the above pictures a GT2 or an RSR?
As above, the GT2 and RSR, RS/CS spoilers are subtly different.

The car JS was driving would most definitely not be an RSR as there were no "street versions" made.

By the way JP, as you know I got your package. THANKYOU! Thread to follow if I ever get home.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:22 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Sorry JP, the car with no side markers I was referencing was the black GT2 "clone" built be RLer "Porschemeister".

As to the rear spoiler/wing, I think if you look VERY closely at GT2, RSR, and RS/CS spoilers, you'll find that the GT2 spoiler is different in having the "GT" insignia on the sides as well as a different shape to the intake portion. The RS/CS and RSR wings do have an intake, just not the same size and shape. The difference is very subtle.

As above, the GT2 and RSR, RS/CS spoilers are subtly different.
The car JS was driving would most definitely not be an RSR as there were no "street versions" made.
Yeah, the difference must be VERY subtle .. I'm such a visual person, I need to see everything in person ..
Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the answers, and yes.
Even before I flew to Europe in late 2007 to consider importing a 993 Speedster conversion, I was interested in US DOT importation of ROW cars. RLer RJT had previously posted elsewhere that one of Seinfeld's previous 993s took nine years to be approved ; enough reason not to import a Euro 993 Speedster then.

Good to learn the GT2's process only took ~a year 'til it was road-legal (as opposed to above report):
I just got information from the source this morning
Purchased in 2010, it was federalized per U.S. Department of Transportation regulations, the final US governmental approval was received just days before Rennsport Reunion.
(Reminds me of Speedy's build being completed the day before the 2009 annual PCA Parade Concours d'Elegance. I'm no Seinfeld, but I can personally understand his elation of driving a unique 993 to a big debut )

Also received three new photos to hopefully share, but have to confirm that's OK before posting. In the meantime, below are some publically-available shots, & I'll add a couple more soon.
Originally Posted by JPP

I ment the 'rear' wing/tail ... and I'm still confused after doing 'research'. So, the question still remains in my mind ... is the car Jerry Seinfeld is driving in the above pictures a GT2?
Originally Posted by JPP

I'm such a visual person, I need to see everything in person ..
Hopefully helpful:

Old 10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Another look back at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV ... many thanks to Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/porsche-...t-reunion-iv-0

Last edited by FlatSix911; 10-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PRESS RELEASE
Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV: A Resounding Success
First-Ever West Coast Appearance Called “Unforgettable”
OCTOBER 20, 2011
With more than 35,000 spectators on hand over three days enjoying autograph sessions with 50-plus legendary Porsche drivers, German music and food in the Biergarten, museum quality display cars and plenty of on-track Porsche action – Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV is in the books as the best ever on all accounts.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Good to learn the GT2's process only took ~a year 'til it was road-legal (as opposed to above report):
I just got information from the source this morning
Purchased in 2010, it was federalized per U.S. Department of Transportation regulations, the final US governmental approval was received just days before Rennsport Reunion.

Also received three new photos to hopefully share, but have to confirm that's OK before posting. In the meantime, below are some publically-available shots, & I'll add a couple more soon.
It took them a YEAR to change the taillights and turnsignal lenses?? Just kidding ....
Thanks J ... mystery solved :-) Now I want to see details of how the rear fender extensions mate up with the factory widebody rockers at the base of the B pillar ... (always something with this one ....) Just think ... in 2023, importing one of these will be 'no problemo ... ' how old am I? ....

Last edited by JPP; 10-29-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A link to the PCA pictures from RSR IV: http://pca.singlelens.net/rennsport4/index.htm

Last edited by 97Targa; 11-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion Pictures