Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop accidentally swapped out LWF for DMF. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:38 AM
BobTheZealot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To follow up: I had the LWF put back in.

I picked up the car, and sure enough, the LWF was back in. But so was the original creak that I'd brought the car in for. I was back to square 1 after having paid for a new clutch and pressure plate, and having spent 10 hours in round trips to the shop.

So, either it was not the pressure plate to begin with, or the shop (accidentally?) put the old parts back in. The shop owner is going to refund me for the parts and labor on the clutch and pressure plate.

Colossal waste of time and energy. I probably have a new clutch though. I need a better shop in the NY area. Think I'll try Rennwerke.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BobTheZealot
I picked up the car, and sure enough, the LWF was back in. But so was the original creak that I'd brought the car in for.
Did your mechanic lube the receiving cup of the release fork?

look HERE
Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear the end result Bob, hopefully it can be resolved without too much hassle. I see a lot of NY cars at Automotive Associates (Canton CT), Hairy Dog Garage-Dan Jacobs (Oxford CT), have had good luck with both of these independents and with Chris Musante at Musante Motorsports (South Windsor CT), 100% Porsche guys and they know the 993's very well.

Quick Reply: Shop accidentally swapped out LWF for DMF. Now what?